Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Terror of Xicer ❯ Gohan vs. Cell ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
Gohan vs. Cell
 
“I give this fight to you, Cell. I'm done fighting!” Goku said, lowering to the ground.
“I didn't really think it would be that easy!” Cell laughed. “And since you are obviously the most powerful fighter here, no one else can beat me. Thus, I declare myself the winner! The entire universe is mine!!”
“Not so fast, Cell! Just because I forfeited the fight, it doesn't mean that it's over!” Goku shouted.
“You can't be serious! If you couldn't defeat me, then there is absolutely no one on this whole goddamn planet that can!!” Cell replied fiercely.
“That's where you're wrong, Cell! I have discovered a warrior with far greater power than that of my own. I know he can beat you!”
“What are you talking about, Goku?!” asked Piccolo from the sidelines. “We're the only fighters here! Who's this warrior you speak of?!”
“Yes, Kakarot, where is this imaginary warrior of yours?” asked Vegeta, sneering.
“Come down here, Gohan! It's your turn!” Goku called.
“Who, m-me? Ok, dad,” Gohan replied. He flew down to where Goku and Cell were. He was already in his Super Saiyan form.
“What the hell are you trying to pull?! You promised me a powerful warrior, and instead you give me a child!” Cell snapped.
“You'll just have to wait and see, Cell. You will find that this fight will prove more challenging than ones you've had in the past!” said Goku.
“We shall see,” said Cell with a malicious grin on his face.
Gohan removed his cape. “Are you sure I can win, Dad?” he asked. “I mean, I'm only a kid!”
Goku turned to his son and put his hands gently on his shoulders. Looking Gohan straight in the eye, he said, “You can do it, Son. I am sure of it!”
“O-ok, Dad. I'll do my best!” replied Gohan, getting in a fighting stance.
“Are you done running your mouth yet?! I wanna get this thing over with!” Cell interupted, annoyed.
“Let's do this, Cell!” said Gohan excitedly. Cell flew at him. Upon reaching him, Cell began throwing punches and kicks at Gohan like wildfire. Gohan began guarding, not allowing Cell to land a hit. `I'm guarding against everything he throws at me, but I can't guard like this forever,' he thought as he dodged one of Cell's high roundhouse kicks. He then put his guard back up.
`Damn, this kid keeps dodging everything I throw at him!' Cell thought angrily. At this moment, Gohan dodged a punch from Cell and began hammering his fists into Cell's gut. After several punches, he then followed up with a roundhouse kick to the side and then an energy blast to the face, sending Cell crashing to the ground.
“Damn you, kid!!” Cell yelled. He got to his feet and started rapidly firing energy blasts at Gohan. When the smoke cleared, it was apparent that Gohan had guarded against all of the blasts, but he would have dropped his guard had just a few more hit him.
“Goku, what have you done?! Can't you see that Gohan can't defeat him?!” Piccolo shouted.
“Don't worry. Gohan's just getting started!” Goku comforted. “This is only a small part of his power, after all,”
“For Gohan's sake, I hope you're right,”
Gohan backflipped several times until he reached a large rock formation. He pushed off it with his feet and flew at Cell headfirst. He headbutted Cell in the gut, causing Cell to double over. “How dare you!?” he yelled, coughing up a bit of blood. He wiped the trail of blood from his mouth and sneered.
Gohan raised his hands above his head, putting them in a triangle formation. “Ma-sen-ko…!” he shouted, beginning to charge a yellow ball of energy. Crying out, he thrust his hands forward and opened them, releasing the energy in a large beam. He landed a direct hit. “Got him!” said Gohan excitedly, grinning widely. When the smoke cleared, however, it was revealed that Cell had come out of it with barely a scratch on him. “What?!”
“Is that the best you've got, Child? Hah! That tickled!” Cell laughed, smirking.
“Damn,” muttered Gohan.
“Now, it's my turn!” Cell said. He cupped his hands at his side. “Ka~~me~~…!” he started as a bright blue energy orb began to form within his cupped hands. “…Ha~~me~~~~” He grinned. “Ha~~~~~!!!” He cried, thrusting his hands forward and opening them wide, firing a large, blue beam at Gohan. Gohan leapt out of the way, just barely avoiding the blast. “Damn,” muttered Cell, “I missed,”
“That was way too close!” said Gohan softly, breathing heavily. He stood up and turned to Cell. He took a step forward, then paused. With a twitch of his foot, he shot at Cell like a bullet. Upon nearing him, Gohan reared back and uppercutted him hard into the air. Gohan then flew after him. Gohan grabbed him by the arm and hurled him as hard as he could into the ground, leaving behind a crater. He then began firing a volley of energy blasts at Cell. After several blasts, he ended the barrage with another Masenko.
When the smoke cleared, Cell was already on his feet. “That was quite impressive, Kid,” he said. “I may have underestimated you, but you are still no match for me!” Gohan flew at Cell. However, as he neared, Cell grinned and lashed out with his foot, sending Gohan smashing into a rock formation nearby. The formation crumbled and collapsed, falling down on top of Gohan.
“Gohan!!” cried Piccolo.
“Are you gonna get up and continue this humiliation, or are you gonna stay put and admit defeat? It's your choice,” Cell shouted at the pile of rubble.
Gohan slowly lifted a large slab of rock off of him and let it crash down beside him. He was breathing heavily. “I…am not giving up!”
“You have an aggressive fighting spirit. I'll give you that,” said Cell. Gohan wiped the blood from his mouth and flew at Cell. They began matching blows. Gohan was just barely able to keep up. Gohan ducked under one of Cell's high kicks and rammed his fist into Cell's gut. Cell suttered as the wind was knocked out of him. Cell grinned and slammed his knee into Gohan's gut, causing Gohan to spit a little bit of blood. He then followed by backhanding Gohan in the mouth, sending him flying backward. He slammed into the ground several feet away.
Gohan stood up. “Stop! Stop with this senseless fighting!!” he yelled. “I don't want to fight anymore!!”
“What? Are you giving up, Boy?” asked Cell, a grin on his face.
Gohan slowly began walking forward toward Cell until he was only a few feet away from him. “I know now why my dad chose me as the next fighter in this tournament,” Gohan began. “I've always had a problem with controlling my temper. When someone would threaten my friends or family, I would get angry. I would become uncontrollable! That's why my dad believes I can win!!”
“Nice monologue, Kid,” said Cell. “You have provided me with a challenge. The challenge to anger you! Let's see just how powerful you really are,”
“If you were to piss me off, I would kill you. You do know that, do you not?” asked Gohan.
“We'll just have to wait and see,” said Cell. “You are merely a child, after all,”
“Yeah? Well, you're only four!” shouted Krillin.
“Shut up, Baldy, or we're all gonna get it!” yelled Vegeta, punching Krillin in the gut and knocking the wind out of him.
“Shut up over there or I'll blow this entire planet to kingdom come right now!” Cell shouted. “Not that it matters,”
“Oh, uh…right!” said Krillin, staring at the ground.
“Now, let's see…” said Cell, counting the Z warriors. He then created seven miniature versions of himself, which he called his children. Each of the Cell's Children was about three and a half feet tall. The crest on their head extended just a couple inches above their head. The markings that covered their body, as well as their wing case, were navy blue.
“Now, my children, attack!” shouted Cell, pointing toward the other Z warriors. The Cell's Children flew at Goku and the others on the sidelines of the arena, each taking to a different Z warrior. Gohan watched in horror as the Cell's Children tortured the other Z warriors. These creatures were just way too powerful for the others to handle. They were getting worn down.
“Are you getting angry yet? Asked Cell.
Gohan remained Silent. As he continued to watch the suffering of his friends, he continued to get angrier and angrier. He was shaking with fury.
Suddenly, Android Sixteen leapt at Cell and wrapped his arms around Cell from behind, squeezing Cell tightly to his chest. Cell began to struggle. “What the hell is the meaning of this, Android?! Let me go!” Cell demanded.
“I cannot do that, Cell,” said Android Sixteen calmly. “You are a threat to this world, so I am going to eliminate you,”
“You don't have the strength to defeat me, you stupid Android!” spat Cell.
“This I know,” Android Sixteen admitted. “That is why I am going to take you out with me by detonating the bomb inside me,”
“What?!” Cell's eyes went wide and he started struggling harder.
“I am not going to stand around and watch Gohan and his friends die!” said the Android. He started to glow white.
“No!” cried Cell.
As quickly as Android Sixteen had started, he stopped glowing. “What is this?! This is not in my calculations,”
“Didn't you know? Bulma removed your bomb when she was repairing you, feeling that it was too dangerous to leave it inside you!” shouted Krillin.
“This is not good,” said Android Sixteen.
“Would you look at that!? They removed your bomb, and that makes you no longer a threat to me!” said Cell with a wicked grin on his face. “There is only one thing left to do with a useless, piece of shit Android like you, and that is to despose of it!” He elbowed Android Sixteen in the gut. He then spun around and delivered a powerful punch so hard that it caused the Android to blow to pieces, leaving only his head intact, which rolled to the side of the arena. Gohan was speechless, sputtering as he watched the Android seemingly die.
Meanwhile, a reporter and his cameraman watched in horror from behind a boulder. “You, Sir,” called Android Sixteen's head weakly.
“Who, m-m-me?” asked the paranoid reporter shakily.
“Yes, you. Please…take me to Gohan…and set m-me down in front…of h-him,” Android Sixteen sputtered.
“O-ok,” said the reporter. The reporter then took Number Sixteen's head and took him to the Cell Games arena and set him down in front of Gohan, running behind the boulder afterwards like the coward he was.
“D-down here…” said Sixteen weakly.
“Sixteen! You're still alive?!” said Gohan, amazed.
“Only barely,” he replied. “Gohan…it is ok to fight for the good of h-humanity. Let your anger explode…and d-defeat Cell!!”
“Shut your mouth, you stupid Android!” shouted Cell. He turned and crushed Sixteen's head under his foot. “He was a piece of trash anyway,”
Something clicked in Gohan's brain. He was through standing around and doing nothing. He'd had enough. He cried out with all his might as his aura expanded hugely around him in a bright, blinding white flash of light. When the light faded, it was revealed that Gohan was different. His hair jutted upward and was more golden than before. His muscle mass had increased slightly, and his energy crackled around him in the form of blue electricity. His face also seemed more…pure. He had done it. He had achieved the accomplishment Vegeta had failed to achieve. He had become an Ascended Super Saiyan.
 
To be continued…