Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy ❯ Launch ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If you haven't guessed, I still don't own anything! Leave me alone!!!
hc - (runs away in terror before freezing) Wait a minute! I do own Snuggle Buddy! And that means you can't use him without asking me first! HA!!!!
 
A/N: I can't believe I have been updating lately! I know you can't either! Anyway, I'm hoping I can continue to write like this in the future. Now, Enjoy!!!
 
This particular story began on the first cold day of the year. I had been at school all day, freezing my tush off. So, naturally, home found me under my covers snuggling with Snuggle Buddy.
 
I guess I should explain who Snuggle Buddy is. Snuggle Buddy just so happens to be two old pillows put together inside a DBZ shirt with my all time favorite picture on the back! It's the one where Gohan, Goku and Goten are all shooting ki-blasts at the same time. *sigh* I love that shirt. I guess since I can't have the real thing….
 
Ah, nothing better on a cold day after being at school than snuggling in the warmth provided by one's bed and pillows. A perfect ending to a not-so-perfect day. Of course, as luck would have it - or Murphy if you prefer - a knock on my bedroom door drug me from the warm confines of my cocoon. I hate it when people disturb me from my snuggling!
 
Dragging myself to answer, pulling on an extra robe as I went for extra warmth, I opened the door. "Yes?" I was not a happy camper. I had been warm!
 
I was met by a pair of bright blue eyes framed by long dark hair and the sweetest voice, "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were busy. I can come back later if that's better?"
 
I shook my head, already guessing why this damsel was calling. "No, come on in and have a seat." I stepped aside and let her enter the room, moving to sit beside her on the bed. "Now, what is it I can do for you?"
 
The young lady smiled brightly. "My name is Launch. I'm a friend of Bulma's." I couldn't help but wince at the mention of Bulma. We all know she has issues, I most of all being her therapist. Now, I was dealing with someone she must have referred. Yikes. What a scary proposition.
 
"Yes, I know Bulma. She's a patient of mine," I responded with a smile. I couldn't let this young woman know what I thought of her friend lest she go berserk as many of the women I counsel tend to do. "So, Miss...Launch was it? What can I do for you?"
 
"Well...," she started reluctantly. "You see, I have this little problem...."
 
"You know, I can't help you unless you open up to me and tell me what's the matter. Okay?" I prodded her gently.
 
Launch nodded slowly, "Okay."
 
I smiled encouragingly at her. "Alright. Now, tell me what's wrong."
 
"Well, you see...there's this...guy," Launch began her problem. You have to love man problems. They're always the most interesting, most bizarre and the hardest to resolve. "He's really great. He's cute, nice, a great martial artist," she sighed dreamily.
 
"He sounds, um...wonderful," I responded. "So, what's the problem? He seems to be a great guy."
 
"The problem is," Launch took a deep breath, "he doesn't even seem to notice I exist!" She began tearing up, her pretty brown eyes threatening to overflow.
 
"There, there, Launch. It's alright." I handed her a tissue to dry her eyes. "It's not that bad." I paused at an odd noise. Realizing it was only the heater kicking on, I continued, "Maybe if he doesn't notice you, he's just not the right man for you. I'm sure you'll find the perfect guy out there somewhere. You just have to give Mr. Perfect a little while to find you is all."
 
With the tissue in hand, Launch sniffed twice as if she were sniffling because of need to cry. The sniffs then became more pronounced as she closed her eyes tight and gave a very powerful, yet high pitched sneeze.
 
Right before my very eyes, the sweet, loving dark-haired girl I had been speaking with suddenly became a green-eyed, blonde babe whose eyes narrowed on me.
 
"Were you talking to me?! What's this about finding another man?! Huh?!" the new girl roared at me aggressively. "I want Tien and I'm going to have him one way or another and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me!"
 
I found myself unable to do anything but blink. I was thoroughly lost and confused. "Um...Launch...maybe if you could calm down and discuss this rationally...." I knew I had said something wrong when her eyes flew open wide. Yeah, I had certainly pissed her off even more.
 
"Discuss this rationally?! How would you like to discuss this rationally with my friend here?!" Launch then pulled a very large fully automatic gun from seemingly nowhere.
 
Yes, I was terrified. Anyone who ever tells you they've looked down the barrel of a high caliber fully automatic weapon and wasn't terrified is lying!
 
"Launch...now...there's no need to get violent. I'm only here to help you...." I coaxed, trying to calm her down.
 
As my patient began placing her hands in the correct position to pull the trigger and shoot me dead, she once again closed her eyes and took several deep sniffles before sneezing yet again. When Launch opened her eyes again, they were once again dark brown orbs, and she seemed very lost and confused, quickly putting away the weapon.
 
"I'm so sorry! I didn't do anything bad, did I?" Launch seemed genuinely upset by the fact that she had been holding a giant gun to my head.
 
All I could do was shake my head, my eyes wide in fright, noticing for the first time that the heater was off and the smell heaters make on their first use of the year was diminishing.
 
My brain quickly began putting two and two together. This girl was very "special" indeed. It would seem the dust from the heater had caused her to sneeze when it came on and to sneeze again when it kicked off. Every time Launch sneezed, she became her alter ego: kill-crazed Launch. Very interesting dilemma indeed; and not one I was willing to deal with in the future. This was Launch's first session with me in person, and if I had anything to say about it, her last as well. From now on, we could talk over the phone, or better yet, not at all!
 
"I didn't mean to scare you," coming from my patient brought me back from my thoughts. "Do you have any advice at all?" Her eyes were hopeful.
 
I nodded slowly. "Yes, I think I do have some advice for you with your Tien situation. I think that you should just be...um...yourself," I coughed on the word. "He's bound to notice you, and if he doesn't, then it's just his loss. I'm sure you could find tons of really great men who'd love to be with you. Don't worry if one man seems to turn you down. Alright?"
 
Launch smiled brightly and nodded, reaching over and hugging me tightly. "Oh thank you so much! You have been very helpful!" She jumped up happily and headed for the door. "You have been a great help!" And with that, she was gone, closing the door behind her.
 
Let me tell you, I had never in my life ever dealt with someone as crazy as Launch. I knew I never wanted to deal with that kind of craziness again. So, I walked over to my bookcase, picked up a new notebook and with my black marker, put her name on the front with a HUGE "X" through it.
 
So ends my first, and last, session with the Launches.
 
A/N: Yes, I know it was crap. Or was it? I do believe that is up to you to decide that. And let me know! I love reviews! You must review!
 
Also, I am running short on ideas, so that means that by the time I have the next session completed, I will be looking back over emails and reviews to outline any sessions to follow. So, if you want more sessions, help me out! Thanks a mil!