Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Things Aren't Always What They Appear To Be ❯ Hang in There Vegeta ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Things Aren't Always What They Appear To Be

        Chapter 10. Hang In There Vegeta
"Ok, Kristy, do you understand what you have to do? Someone or something has hurt Vegeta. You have to go and look for anything suspicious, ok?"

        "Right, um Bulma-chan?"

        "Yes sweetie?"

        "Is Prince Vegeta going to die?" Kristy asked apprehensively.

        "He will if I don't find an antidote. But don't worry; I'll make sure that doesn't happen. Now go." Bulma said trying to stay positive.

        "Yes ma'am." Kristy left to go search the ship.

        *~*~*

        "Hey sweetie how are you feeling?" Bulma softly asked as she walked in and sat on the edge of Vegeta's bed.

        "How the hell does it look like I'm feeling?" Vegeta said gruffly.

        "I guess that's kind of a dumb question huh." Bulma apologized.

        Vegeta then started a coughing fit which worried Bulma even more. "I'm going to die aren't I?" Vegeta stated bluntly when Bulma leaned in closer to him because of the coughing fit he had.

        "No, Vegeta, no! Don't talk like that. You're going to be just fine." Bulma said. "You'll see. Just hang in there. I'll make a cure for this. I promise!"

        "This is driving me damn crazy. One minute I'm frikin hot, *Cough, cough.* the next I'm frikin cold. I'm coughing sneezing, and I'm practically hurling every hour. I feel like shit!" *Cough, cough.*

        "Well you said you wanted something that looked like a natural death." Bulma said trying to calm Vegeta done. "But don't worry. I promised I'd find a cure. I have a week to do it, and I will."

        "Woman, why can't you just accept the fact that I'm going to die?" *Cough, cough.* Vegeta's tone was cold.

        "Because, Vegeta, I don't want to. I don't want you to die. I'm not giving up on you. Veggie Sweetie I . . . I . . . I mean you're my friend and I don't want to see anything bad happen to you. I don't want to loose you." Bulma said as tears started to form in his eyes.

        "It's ok, Little One, don't cry. You promised you would find a cure. Angel says 'Always keep your promises.'" He said in a softer tone this time and coughed.

        "I know, but . . . oh Vegeta!" Bulma fell on him and cried into his chest. Vegeta held her as best he could in his state protectively. After awhile they both were a sleep, with Bulma still on top of him.
~*~*~

        Kristy came in the room a little later. Finding Bulma and Vegeta that way she cleared her throat. "Um Bulma-chan?" She said as she heard Bulma stir.

        "Yes Kristy?" Bulma asked sleepily getting up and off of Vegeta.

        "We're nearing a docking station with a good hospital. We'll be there in a few days."

        "How many days is a few?" She asked skeptically.

        "Like 5 or 6."

        "By then it will be too late." Bulma said tears coming to her eyes again. At this time so did Kristy.

        "Bulma, I have a confession to make.” Kristy hesitated. “I gave Prince Vegeta the poison."

        "WHAA?!"

        "He wanted me to get some water. I found that bottle on the counter and thought it was water. I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry." Kristy had tried not to cry, but she couldn't help it anymore. The tears were coming freely now. Bulma came and hugged her.

        "It's ok Kristy, it'll be ok." She tried to assure her . . . and herself.

        *~*~*

        "Something's wrong with Veggie-chan!" Leash said as she bolted straight up in bed.

        "Leasha?" Wendy said as she rubbed her eyes. "What are you talking about?" She asked with a yawn. "Did you have a bad dream?" Wen asked sleepily.

        "No! There's something wrong with Veggie-chan!" Alicia insisted.

        "And how do you know?"

        "I don't know I just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach." Leash answered with a snotty attitude.

        "What are you girls doing up so late? Go back to sleep." Leasha's father yelled from the other room. As soon as that was said Leash walked to the bedroom door.

        "AND where are you going?" Wen asked getting up too.

        "I'm going to tell Daddy there's something wrong with Veggie-chan." She said matter-of-factly

        *~*~*

        Bulma was working hard to find an antidote. She was just getting a break through when she heard Vegeta call her name. "I'm coming Veggie Sweetie." Bulma went to his room and sat on his bed. "What is it? What's wrong?" Bulma asked worried.

        "It's . . . it's . . . I told you I hurl every hour. *Cough, cough.* Now clean it up." *Cough.* Vegeta became very moody as he got more and more sick.

        "I'm sorry Sweetie." She leaned over and kissed Vegeta on the forehead. "I'll send someone to clean it up."

        "Bulma will you tell Angel that even though I yell at her a lot I still . . . *Cough, cough* I still . . ."

        "Yes, Vegeta, of course but you can tell Leash you care for her yourself." Bulma said calmly stroking Vegeta's hair.

        "I know it's just I have my doubts."

        "What, your doubting me?!" Bulma was slightly offended.

        "No it's just . . . Bulma will you stay with me again until I fall asleep?" This damn poison must be going to my brain as well. I'm starting to sound like a baka weakling sap.

        "Ah, Sweetie, I can't. I promised I'd make a cure. I'm sorry Veggie Sweetie. Bulma then kissed him on the forehead and left. Not wanting to see him that way anymore. You know I hate to leave him but I have to make that antidote. It's for you Veggie Sweetie. With that she went without delay back to work.