Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Uncertain Future ❯ Memories of a Legend ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ or any of the characters you see in the movies, show, or manga. I'm not making any money off of this story, so please don't sue me.

Author's Note: Hey Everyone! Just wanted to do the usual thanks for all the good reviews!!! Also, looks like I won't get as many chapters done as I thought I might over the holidays. I'm gonna be really busy cause I've got family coming up and they won't let me sneak off long enough to write. SORRY!!!

Special Thanky to Vegetababe for beta-ing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncertain Future, Chapter 14: Memories of a Legend

"So gentlemen, what is on the agenda for today?" King Vegeta asked, sitting down in his chair. The meeting with his advisory council had just started, and everyone was taking his or her usual place. Vegeta surveyed the room quickly, noting only one absence, Fleet Commander Bardock, who doubled as Head of the Science Wing. 'Damn' Vegeta thought. 'Bardock was the only one I needed to see today.'

"If I may speak Your Majesty?" a large, tough looking Saiyan spoke up. Vegeta nodded for him to continue. "As the Head of Interplanetary Relations, I must report to you that we have been having troubles with the Yranians. They do not seem to like the conditions you imposed upon them in the new treaty. There is talk of an uprising."

Vegeta laughed. "If those purple monstrosities want to attack us then let them. It will be their own doom. There is no way that those weaklings could stand up to even a fleet of Third Class brats!" Everyone nodded in agreement. "However, I do realize that we have a large trade operation with Yran. We can discuss this in more detail later." The bulky Saiyan nodded, and sat down.

The rest of the meeting went fairly well, there were no more bad reports on any other subject. Saiyan industries were skyrocketing and more and more treaties were being signed. King Vegeta had regained the power the Saiyan Empire once held, but this time it was accomplished without unnecessary war and bloodshed. The Saiyan race was not seen as overbearing barbarians any more, thanks to the young ruler. Friendships and alliances had been formed with many other planets who were thankful to the Saiyan King for ridding the universe of the tyrant Frieza.

"Sir, if there is nothing else you would like to discuss, then this meeting is finished."

"Hmm? Oh yes. Just one question. Where is Bardock this evening?" Vegeta asked.

"His mate died two years ago today sire, he is mourning."

" All right, meeting adjourned." Vegeta mumbled. He would have to meet with Bardock tomorrow then.

As Vegeta walked back to his quarters, his mind wandered back to the defeat of Frieza. That had been a wonderful victory for him.

"Oh come now little prince." Frieza taunted him. "What's one little planet in this big universe?"

"I don't feel it was necessary to purge the entire planet, and behind our backs especially!" Vegeta growled.

"These matters do not concern you little boy. You are not the King until you defeat your father, who was, rather unfortunately, murdered by me." Frieza smiled maliciously.

"I am not a child Frieza! I know damn well that we could have signed a treaty with Chikyuu and both benefited! You went back on our agreement Frieza, and purged Chikyuu behind my back! No one makes a fool of the Saiyans! You will pay for this!"

"Hah! You think you can defeat me? Your father was ten times stronger than you are and I crushed him! You are nothing more than a little monkey boy!" Frieza laughed. "You are weak! You and your whole race are nothing but flea bitten primates! You are a shame to this universe, to all living creatures! I will kill you first, and then I will destroy this hellhole planet! I will rid the universe of the Saiyan race forever!"

Vegeta crouched in to a fighting stance. "Bring it on!" He yelled, powering up. Frieza laughed, powering up as well. By this time a big crowd of creatures, both Saiyan and non-Saiyan, had gathered around to watch the fight. Most were subjects of Prince Vegeta, and were cheering madly for him.

Vegeta was getting beaten pretty badly; Frieza was kicking his ass. "Oh, did I hurt you monkey boy?" Frieza laughed as he threw Vegeta into a palace wall. "I'm so terribly sorry." Vegeta pulled himself out of the wall, barely able to stand. "See monkey! You are weak! I am strong! You will die!"

"NO!" Vegeta yelled, beginning to power up again. Scouters exploded all around as his power level rose to unimaginable heights. " I will NOT be defeated!" Frieza watched in horror as Vegeta's hair began to flash gold. Black. Gold. Black. Gold. Black. Gold. Black. GOLD. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" Vegeta let out a tremendous scream as his hair stopped flashing and his deep black eyes glazed over with a brilliant aqua.

"No! This is not possible! You are weak! The legend of the Super Saiyan is only a myth! It isn't possible! I am the strongest, not you!" Frieza screamed.

"Go to Hell Frieza!" Vegeta yelled, lunging at the horned creature. "Final Flash!" he screamed, firing a huge ki beam at Frieza. When he landed, there was nothing left of the tyrant but a pile of ashes.

Vegeta stood proudly, amid a crowd of kneeling creatures, all bowing to their new King.

Vegeta was at his door just as his vision ended. "Hmm. Good timing." he mumbled, opening the door and stepping inside. Glancing at the clock, he realized just how late it was. "Wow, I was at that meeting for a long time. I wonder if the Woman is up." He crept silently over to her room and pushed the door open a bit. She was asleep.

Vegeta closed the door again and headed to the bathroom. He punched in a code on a panel near the wall and the huge tub began to fill with nice warm water. Vegeta stripped out of his clothes and stepped in. "Ahhhh, just right." He let himself sink in a bit and just enjoyed the soothing effect the warm liquid had on his sore muscles.

After about a half hour, Vegeta pulled himself out of the tub and dried off. Wearing only a towel, he made his way to his own room where he put on some loose pajama pants. He crawled wearily into his bed, feeling very tired all of a sudden, but found that he couldn't sleep. He kept thinking about last night, the woman and the wonderful feeling of being with her. He had been with many other women before, but never had he thought about it after. He only knew a few of their names, and he didn't really care. All they had been to him were objects, used only to achieve the wonderful ecstasy of release. But last night, somehow it had been different with her. He had longed to not only please himself, but to please her as well. He had felt an odd sense of pride and fulfillment in being able to bring her such pleasure. After they had made love, he had pulled her close and held her there all night as if protecting her from the cruel world in which they lived.

Vegeta rolled over and sighed. He knew what the difference was. He cared about the odd little female. It was strange for him to care about her, but he knew there was no sense in denying it. "It is truly an enigma isn't it?" he said aloud, to no one in particular. "Could it be? No, it is not possible for me to…bond." He looked over at the other side of the bed and cursed softly. He wanted her to sleep next to him again, not necessarily with him, at least not tonight. He was tired and he wanted her to be in his arms so he could get some sleep.

Rolling out of his bed, Vegeta stumbled around in the dark a bit before he came to Bulma's door. Quietly, he pushed it open and crept inside, moving towards the bed. He had to admit that she did look beautiful lying there with her hair splayed out all over the pillow. The soft light of the quarter moon shining in her window. Gently, he picked her up and carried her towards his room.

"Hmm? What's going on?" she mumbled, stirring from her sleep.

"Shhh." Vegeta purred as he set her down on his bed. He crawled in next to her and wrapped his arms around her little body. He sighed happily as he felt her curl into his chest. Soon both fell into a deep sleep, lying in each other's arms.

Well, that's all for now! Hope you liked it! Please review! Sorry it's kinda short but I didn't have a lot of time to write today!