Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Unconditional Bonds (revamped) ❯ Anguish ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Two: Anguish

"That heartless fucking bitch!"

He ran. It felt like he had been running for days, and perhaps he had been. Time seemed to be something that didn't exist anymore. Reality itself was foggy-shattered. His whole world had crumbled around his ears in a matter of moments. The conversation was a blur to him. She had spoken so quickly, as if it would hurt him less.

"Met him 7 months ago....associates....didn't expect it to happen.......just a one time thing.... turned out to be more....."

He shook his head and swallowed the searing emotions that threatened to break him.

"Must keep running."

His legs pumped even faster beneath him. He pushed his ki level down; he couldn't allow them to find him. Bulma's words rattled in his brain as he pushed himself even further.

"When you died, I couldn't handle it. The thought that you could go at any time, that you would rush forth without thinking-without regard to us. I need something more stable...I need something more reliable...I need something more affectionate...I need...I need..I need ...I need..."

Vegeta's jaw tightened in rage.

To hell that he had not just died in battle, that he sacrificed himself in order to save this stupid mud ball of a planet and even went so far as to help wish it back. To hell that he had sacrificed his life to save her and their son. To hell that he had changed his ways for her, given up the opportunity to travel the galaxy and pirate other planets just to be with her, live with her. He even went so far as to ally himself with his greatest rival- that happened to be her best friend- just to please her. To hell with himself, he apparently didn't give her what he, the nameless one, could.

Vegeta knew he wasn't the most romantic guy in the galaxy, but he loved his mate, she knew he did. He didn't say it often, but she knew, didn't she? What had he done to deserve this? How could she just throw away eleven years?

Her mockingly concerned tone floated through his head once more;

"I do care for you, but I was young and attracted to the `bad-ass' attitude, ...didn't think about the consequences....unhappy....stuck....but I do care for you...."

"Unhappy..unhappy...unhappy....Stuck....stuck...stuck." Her words echoed in his mind, crashing like thunder in his skull.

"Run faster, Vegeta," he told himself as the scenery blurred around him, "Run and it won't hurt...run from the pain"

Branches and thorns tore at his pants, the same he had worn while training in solitude in the mountains. He had trained for two short days then had come home, just as he said he would. But first things first; hit the showers. But when he went upstairs to his, her's, their, now not his, bedroom to get some clothes, all of his belongings were gone, packed up. She had sent his things to, of all places, Kakarott's.

He was told that he could stay there until he could get on his feet. They didn't mind, in fact they'd be glad to have him. How dare she! The last place in the world he wanted to be right now was that fool and his naggy wife's home. And to make matters worse he was there. Kakarott, that low-born Saiyan who dared to be stronger than him, the rightful prince of all the Saiyan race.

The rightful Prince of Saiyans who was now nothing. Yes, Kakarott was there. Apparently, Bulma was afraid of the reaction she might have gotten and had brought him for safety purposes. `What a slap in the face. I'm the one who was stabbed, if anything I was the one who should have brought someone for protection... As if I'd ever hurt her. She knew better.' His face contorted as the night settled. `I had to sit there and let her tear me apart while Kakarott listened outside the door. I couldn't even allow myself to react. Here she was ripping me to shreds and I had to sit and act like she wasn't hurting me, all because my greatest rival was outside the door…while all the while, she was killing me.'

The only thing he had been able to choke out;

"What's his name?"

"It doesn't matter, Vegeta" You unfeeling bastard.

He felt his eyes water.

"Do you love him?"

Without hesitation, "Yes, very much so."

He imagined he could literally hear the sound of his world implode upon itself. The Saiyan's body racked with agony as Bulma's voice droned on in his memory.

"He's moving in. He loves me. Much more than you ever could. He completes me in a way you couldn't." Every single word cut him in a way that no blade could. "He'll be a great father."

It was here that fury erupted from him.

"To his own brat, perhaps. But not to my son!"

"Trunks is not your son, Vegeta, he's our son!" Bulma's angry voice screeched, hurting the ears. "And I think its best that he stay with Krillen for awhile until everything gets settled. Besides, he," the oh so great provider who shall not be named, "is great with Trunks."

"WHAT!! You let that bastard around Trunks!?!-And I'll be damned if I let you leave my son at -

It was here that Goku made his entrance.

"Now, Vegeta, calm down. I know this is upsetting news, but think of Trunks. He doesn't need this in his life-

"HE doesn't need this?!?! What about me, huh?!," he screamed at the younger Saiyan, ready for a fight, "You're right, Kakarott, he doesn't need this, he doesn't need his mother to be a low slung whore!"

"Hey now!" He stepped further into the room, effectively blocking off the prince and the blue-haired woman who had started to cry. "Vegeta," he soothed, "you're over-reacting. You don't know what you're saying."

Vegeta's eyes narrowed dangerously, his lips cracked in an incongruous smile.

"Overreacting, eh? I'll show you overreacting."

Bulma had then rushed from her place to stand in front of Goku, her blue eyes staring him down, swallowing him whole.

"Vegeta don't!"

She had humiliated him, hurt him, destroyed him, and now commanded him. And he obeyed, like he always had. He dropped his offensive stance, his face wavered and cracked.

He said one last thing before throwing a blast at Kakarott's eyes that was intended to temporarily blind him.

"Damn you. Damn you both to the Abyss!"

He threw the blast and flew out of the window, soaring at breakneck speed before landing in some nameless place. Pushing his ki down, he ran through the wilderness, his rage and despair his only fuel. And now here he was, still running.

He considered finding this Mr. Wonderful and killing him, or killing her. The latter thought was just that, a thought, he could never hurt her. But now the notion he entertained the most was killing himself.

"What a coward I am," he chuckled bitterly to himself. He, the proud prince, reduced to running away, reduced to considering the coward's way out. But he had his son to think of. He wouldn't allow this nameless intruder to raise his rightful heir. But perhaps Kakarott was right. The last thing Trunks needed was to be pulled into the middle of this...foolishness.

So he kept on running, not knowing where he was going and not caring. He hadn't eaten or slept in what he thought was a few days. Exhaustion was steadily creeping over him, and it wasn't too long from this point that darkness claimed him.