Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What Exactly Is Involved In A Saiyan Mating Ritual? ❯ Kandai ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I just want to say a quick thank you to everyone who has reviewed or emailed me about this fic. I really appreciate all of your comments. A special thank you goes out to Jade Dragon and Tinkerbell star, you guys are great! Oh and as for the lemon *ahem* well you'll just have to keep reading lol *^_<*

Disclaimer: Yeah, I know, I don't own Dragonball Z, and guess what? IT'S NOT FAIR! ITS NOT!

Chapter Five

The light of the flames flickered in Vegeta's eyes as the simple music began and the dancers started to move in unison. His left arm entwined around Bulma's waist so comfortably that she could have believed that they had been designed to fit. His right hand held firmly onto her left, and curled around her fingers as both followed the members of the dance troop to the songs haunting melodies. Vegeta hadn't been messing with her. He really did know how to dance! His movements were just as she would expect a Prince's to be, graceful, poised and controlled. Hers on the other hand were less than impressive. It had been at least five years since she had quit dancing lessons, and that she hadn't practiced recently, was now painfully obvious. The steps that had once come so naturally were now proving difficult to master. Her expression said it all. Her brow was furrowed with concentration, and her cheeks were flushed with embarrassment. "Sorry I guess I'm a little rusty." She stammered concentrating on her feet.

A slight movement of air tickled at her neck as she stared down at the floor, and Vegeta's voice whispered huskily into her ear, "Close your eyes"

"Huh?" her head jerked up almost bumping into his. She hadn't expected him to be so close.

"You're letting the other couples distract you. Just close your eyes, listen to your gut instincts, and follow my lead."

Bulma nodded her agreement and let her eyelids flutter closed. The effect was somewhere between confusion and vulnerability. It made her shiver. She could feel his breath on her cheeks, and his hands running teasingly into place over her armor.

The lack of vision seemed to stimulate other senses. At first it was just a daze of blurred out semi consciousness, but before long the noise of the crowed melted into the background and her hearing adjusted. Just by the simple act of closing her eyes she could pick up sounds that normally her brain would have ignored. The regular beat of the simple drum, and the gentle air of the flute, blocked all sound as she concentrated on their rhythms. Intriguingly the music wasn't the only noise she managed to focus on. There, underlying it was a sound that just couldn't be ignored. The resonance was alien, but for some reason felt strangely comforting. It was so deep that it hovered at the very lowest range of human hearing, vibrating the very air surrounding her. It was stimulating, sensual, and emanating from… from… Vegeta's chest?

The dancing continued, with success renewed, and Vegeta's arms pulled at her waist, letting his hands guide her movement. Being so close, she could feel the rise and fall of his upper body. She was right. The sound did originate there. The harmonics coincided perfectly. She pushed her senses a little further and could feel the microscopic ragging under his usual steady breath. This was definitely something worth exploring. There was absolutely no way that it could have been caused by the dancing! Vegeta was far too fit for that. Something told her that it wouldn't be difficult to find out; all she needed to do was push a little bit further.

Creeping up even closer against his armor Bulma sandwiched herself so tightly that not even the smallest ray of light could find its way between them. She felt her breasts push up against the inside of her armor under the pressure, and by the way Vegeta's steady breathing increased, she knew that he had felt them too. It was quickly brought back under control, however, and Bulma was forced to use other tactics. Her free hand ran experimentally along the contours of his armor, stroking the length of his chest, dipping and rising in conjunction with the muscle definition.

Vegeta's beautifully carved physique tightened and contracted under her touch and a smirk of amusement crept over his features as the realization of what his future mate was trying to do, sunk in. She was actually trying to crack his self-resolve. It was so enticing, so seductive, so Saiyan-like that he couldn't help but feel her influence over him, and despite all his best efforts, the lust that she was creating penetrated his defences. There was no way he was going to give in without a fight, but the feel of her little hands running over his chest were hard to ignore.

Bulma's resolution never failed her. He had previously tested her control and hadn't found much opposition, and now it was his turn to suffer. Blindly she lowered her head to fall onto his shoulder, and let her hips move in small circles against his groin. Her lips left hot trails along his shoulders, enveloping the pliable skin with kisses. He smelt so good this close up and she could feel a familiar heat in her own lower region as she breathed in the intoxicating pheromones. This pressure urged her to take things even further and her kisses turned into playful nips as she let her hand run down his side and slide gently over the back of his rib cage to stop just above the rise of his perfectly toned backside. They teased along the edge before dipping down and feeling along the beautiful curves. Her fingernails traced along the contours and were making their way teasingly to the front to play with that something that was pressing unceremoniously into her hip, before something curled around her wrist stopping it dead in its track. It tugged enticingly and lured her hand away from its premeditated target and back up to a normal dancing position. Gasping in surprise she chanced to open her eyes and smiled at what she saw, "That's no fair." She purred in a seductive voice. "No tails aloud!"

"But that takes all the fun out of it" Vegeta breathed heavily, his usual steady rhythm slowed, trying to suppress that desire that was very evidently shown further down.

"Very well," she said, smiling innocently, "If tails are allowed then there is nothing from stopping me doing this!" The innocence faded into mischievousness as she flexed her newly acquired tail muscles, and made the appendage reach out between their enclosed hips to feel along his semi erect member. She was almost there. She could sense his resolve breaking as he let out a barely audible hiss through clenched teeth. She continued the ministrations flicking the end of her tail teasingly over the tip and the hiss turned into something more audible. His battle with self-control appeared to be nearly broken as he slowly let his head fall back. This time Bulma didn't need to strain her hearing to listen to the low-pitched purr as it reverberated along his throat. It sent shrills down her spine and made her ache with desire. He wanted her just as much as she wanted him. The dancing was forgotten and both stood amongst the throng motionless except for one solitary hidden tail.

Vegeta couldn't help himself. He leant into her touch and burrowed his head in the niche between her neck and shoulders. His control was almost all but gone, nothing but the consciousness of being bound to wait, stopped him from taking her right there and then, whether she was only teasing him or not. A bustle in the crowd behind him made him look up from his present state of arousal and his eyes widened with shock. He gasped a quick inhalation and secretly wrapped his own tail around Bulma's, freeing him from its erotic caress. "I wish to be left alone!" he barked angrily if not a little too huskily for his own liking.

Bulma was taken aback and huffed her disapproval. What is it with him? Damn! Did I do something wrong? I thought the whole idea of a mating ritual, was to be together! Damn him! Damn him! DAMN HIM! Reluctantly she moved away, but was surprised to feel his well-defined arms pull her back. She wanted to scream at him! What the hell did he want from her? For a few minutes the confusion that buzzed around her head made her dumb. She couldn't think of a single coherent thing to say! Then all the right words magically appeared. Starting with mildly obscene and going all the way up to base, but crudely affective curses. She opened her mouth with her mind cleared in anticipation of the onslaught, and just as quickly clamped it shut as another voice spoke from behind her.

"I'm sorry your highness, but the next part of the ritual is about to begin and Kandai is getting impatient!"

Vegeta suddenly relaxed his hold on the Chikyu woman in his arms, "Kuso Seku! How long has he been here?"

"He has been present from the beginning sire, but has not wished to intrude! Now he says that the festival has continued long enough. He says that he is a being of little free time and patience, and wishes for you presence immediately."

"Very well, but you do realize that if it had been anyone other than him, I would have had your head for disturbing me!"

The sweat rolled in profusion from the attendant's forehead. "Yes your majesty." He bowed and made a hasty retreat.

Vegeta turned to look at Bulma. She was glaring angrily at him with hands on hips and a look that would melt steel. His smirk returned, "Tried to break me did you woman?"

"If it weren't for that prude I would have done!"

"It doesn't matter now! The moment is over and so is the festival! We have a ritual to perform!"

"You mean to say we haven't even started yet?" her cheeks were flushed with annoyance.

"That's exactly what I'm saying! What did you think was going to happen, huh? Perform one little speech and then go home to unbridled passion? Ha, you're living in a fantasy world! Do you honestly believe that a race as noble and ancient as ours would simply have a festival to unite their couplings?"

"I? That is? Oh Kami!"

"Ha, you don't know how close you are!" he said exaltedly. "Now if you'd care to follow me, we can continue with the next part."

Not turning to see if she was following, Vegeta made his way effortlessly through the crowd. Bulma followed but without the same nimbleness as her Saiyan Prince. She lost count of the amount of times she bumped into people and had to say sorry for trodden on feet as she made her way back to centre stage. By some sort of minor miracle she made it safely to the bottom stone step, only to look up and be greeted with Vegeta's usual sardonic stare, "What took you so long?" he sneered.

"Don't give me that shit, what the hell is going on?"

"You'll see." He smirked as Bulma wearily stalked up the steps to take her place at his side.

A previously unnoticed (to Bulma at least) bell began to peel out across the stadium. The chaos of the crowd lulled to a murmur as the sound echoed and rebounded off the stone. Once again she felt the eyes of thousands on her. The large torches were dimmed as a breeze, full of mystery, swept around the otherwise peaceful arena. The hairs on the back of her arms bristled telling her that there was probably more to this phenomenon than meteorology. The hush that swept across the once bustling Saiyans only added to her conviction that something out of the ordinary was about to happen. She turned to Vegeta for some sort of reassurance, and began to laugh at her own stupidity for expecting any consolation there, even before she saw his blank expression. His face was masked back up in that shroud of indifference, and she felt like screaming at him. That was until she noticed his eyes. The rest of his body may have looked as though it was made of granite, but those orbs were distracted. She scanned the mob of Saiyans on the stone floor, only to see that they also appeared to be fixated with whatever it was that their Prince was watching. Her head turned and followed the unanimous gaze and gasped when she saw the ghost-like figure of a man floating effortlessly above the arena. The creature seemed to be covered in some sort of shroud of pure energy. She couldn't see any features amongst the robes that hung over the mysterious form, fluttering with the wind as it whipped and twisted, making the fabric billow out into eerie patterns. The outfit seemed to defy all laws of physics as it draped over the apparition in its depths.

She could hear Vegeta growling next to her and turned to see him kneeling on the floor, head down and one hand fisted into the ground in deference. "I suggest you copy me!" he hissed into his chest.

"What? Why? Who is this guy?"

"You'll find out soon enough! For now just get down and show some respect!"

Bulma would have remained defiant if a quick glance around the stadium hadn't demonstrated to her that she was the only one still standing. Under the sudden impression that this person, whoever he was, was extremely important (especially if Vegeta bowed to him) she let her legs buckle and adopted a similar position to everyone else.

The wind picked up another notch as the apparition spoke, "Vegeta no Ouji," the speech was two-tone and added to the spirituality of the cloaked figure. "Please stand! It has been a long time warrior."

"Not long enough Kandai!" he rasped, the tones could only be described as feral.

"How many years and just as disrespectful as ever I see!"

"Of course! Your kind are indeed rare, but from what I have seen of them I have no desire to see any more."

"You have seen others like me?"

"I had a brief encounter with your counterpart on this female's planet, and let me tell you, that neither of you impress me!"

"Then why do you bow before me?"

"You know why!"

"Are you seriously telling me that the only reason you are bowing to your god is because you want to take this alien as your mate?"

Bulma gasped at the revelation. So this guy is the Saiyan equivalent of Kami?

"That's not entirely true!" came the guardian's eerie voice, "Native of…?" he paused.

"Humph, some god!" snorted Vegeta. "Can't even trace a weak females origins."

"I believe the planet is called Chikyu! Now, now Ouji you should know better than to jump in head first" Vegeta bared his teeth and snapped his head around denoting a wounded pride. "Native of Chikyu, you are close, but on this planet, I am Kami. I use the name Kandai (Watcher) when dealing with royalty. They tend to have a hard time coming to terms with such a revered entity as gods. They do not like to think that certain things are beyond their control. I can see that you are not too different, but as a human you have been taught something that Vegeta has not… Humility. Your instincts will always lead you well."

"Well if that is true, then asking you, and not that arrogant waste of space over there, what exactly is involved in a Saiyan mating ritual, would be the right thing to do, ja ne?"

"You mean to say that you have agreed to partake in this without even knowing what it is?"

"Well ya know," she flushed pink "I kind of couldn't get passed the mating bit and *ahem* well thought it would be fun."

In the mystical breeze, floated something vaguely resembling a holy snigger, "Well I'm afraid to say that there are several challenges to be set for you and your mate before… err… how shall I say it…? The actual… err… intercourse takes place!"

"And they would be?" she said impatiently tapping her foot.

"They would be better left untold." Hissed Vegeta.

"But the poor girl hasn't got a clue…"

"She can handle it Kandai! After all, for the first two tests all she has to do is sit down on her backside and watch me make a fool out of myself, right?"

"Well… if that is your wish Vegeta."

"Hey don't I get a say in this," interrupted Bulma, "jeez so much for equal rights! I thought that the lack of women on Vegeta-sei meant that they were respected and valued?"

"Not entirely," Vegeta replied with a chuckle, "I said that Saiyan women were respected and valued. Now please try and keep up."

"Ugh you are such a jerk! Why am I even here?"

"What's the matter Bulma? Are you afraid?"

Bulma stiffened in defiance, "Of course I'm not baka!"

"Then wait like a good little girlie."

"What did you call me?"

"A little girlie!" he sneered.

"Right that's it I've had enough of this, I…"

"Ahem!" Both turned, mid bitching contest, to look at Kandai, and even though his features were hidden he still managed to covey the message that he was getting impatient. "Have you two finished?" he asked, and if Bulma hadn't been so angry with Vegeta, she probably would have found the guardians parental tone amusing.

Her cheeks flushed, for what she believed to be the hundredth time since entering the link, and she hung her head low, "Sorry." She chimed.

"Very well!" stated Kandai as he floated gently down to the floor in front of them. "The ritual is about to begin! As guardian it is my duty to watch over this affair, to ensure that it is performed to our ancestors satisfaction."

Under the instruction of their god (denoted by a parting of his divine arms) the Saiyans at the foot of the steps cleared the floor to readopt their previous seating arrangements. The wind died down to a gentle breeze and the fiery light of the torches reaffirmed their positions high on top of the stadium walls.

"Prince Vegeta, are you ready to perform the ritual, created by your ancestors and mine, to take this female as your mate?"

Vegeta straightened to adopt his usual, arms crossed, and nose in the air, stance, "Yes Kandai."

"Bulma, native of Chikyu, are you willing to participate in this ritual, created by the Saiyan ancestors, to take Prince Vegeta as your mate?"

"Yeah, I guess." She mumbled still pissed off with Vegeta.

The Prince spun on the spot and glared evilly at her, "You guess?" he hissed.

"What exactly do you want from me Vegeta? I said yes!"

"Some enthusiasm perhaps?"

"Go bite me!" she spat beneath a false smile.

Kandai broke in again, not wanting any arguing in his ceremony, and turned to the crowd to address them in their native tongue.

After listening to the alien speech for a few minutes, Bulma's patience gave out, "What is he saying Vegeta?"

"He's just announcing the start of the ceremony, now will you be quiet!"

The gentle words radiated over the stadium in liquidity as the guardian spoke. The speech seemed to go on forever. From the harmonics he was using, Bulma guessed that he was probably memorizing the words from some sacred script. His voice was clear and precise, but the words lacked the feeling behind original thoughts.

The final words of the epic dialogue drifted into the night sky, and an aisle of smaller torches were set aflame across the stadium, commencing from an archway in the stone structure opposite there prominent positions, and concluding halfway along the arena floor. Kandai floated effortlessly down the steps and onto the worn stone. The wind picked up around where his feet should be and a strange light blinked into existence around his haggard form. The radiance intensified as he collected more power. Slight murmurings, more associated with witchcraft than deities, echoed around the stadium fuelling the energy, making it explode out to fill the entire floor space. A low mist settled around it as the energy faded. It swirled and mixed with the fire adding even more mystery to the atmosphere. The energy ebbed away, swallowed by the mist, to unveil a circular fighting area. Its limits were set in flames and burnt brightly against the darkness. The blaze was reflected under Kandai's cloak and for the first time Bulma could see the gaunt face of the mystical figure. His bone structure was strong, but aged with time and worry. It was probably the result of centuries of guarding over such a destructive race as the Saiyans, and Bulma felt sorry for him, nobody deserved a fate like that. The old man looked over in the couples' direction, his hollow eyes reflecting the light of the fires. "Prince Vegeta! It is time for the first part of the ritual!"

Vegeta nodded his agreement and walked haughtily to the centre of the nominated fighting ring. "As you instruct Kandai." He growled.

"The scene has been set," continued the guardian, "The first phase will now begin. Prince Vegeta! Who challenges you for this ladies approval?"

Vegeta let out his trademark smirk and looked up to Bulma. The warm breeze gently blew that silky smooth aquamarine hair, the fire adding to the depths of those beautiful blue eyes of hers, and gave him all the determination he needed. This was it! His moment to shine! This was his chance to prove to the little Chikyu woman, once and for all, that he was the strongest fighter in the entire universe, and worthy of being her mate!

***********

Ok that's it for chapter five. I hope you enjoyed it! Do you get the feeling that this fanfic is turning into an epic? *Gulp* Damn all these great idea's that just won't go away lol! I just wish that my writing skills would do them justice *sigh* Oh well, chapter six should be up sometime next week, but if you leave a review with your email address, or contact me at Ember@arudd.fsnet.co.uk, I will send you notification when a new chapter is posted! If anyone one has any suggestions on how to make this story better, then please don't hesitate to let me know! (Constructive ideas only, no flames please!) Well until next time! Sayonara!