Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Which Way IS Up? ❯ What I see ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I own nothing but this paper
 
Which Way Is Up?

What I see…
 

Its early morning, the sun has risen above the mountain horizon and I can see all
the brightness that follows morning rise. Birds are chirping in the
distance... every so often I can hear a faint cheep cheep of crickets in the
forest. Nevertheless, the schlump schlump resounds of the wall of the house.
The noise is not unfamiliar. It is the sound of wood chopped by an
axe... Not hands performing karate chop. No, it is an axe. There is a
distinct time of whishing wind and then the schlump schlump. Hurriedly I
leave the bedroom to find a window that has access to the chore. The need to
see this task, overwhelms me… it begs me to come hither and take a glimpse of
the spectacle. There on the side lawn is the finest form of the male species.
His bare chest is chiseled out of some rock harder then granite… Yet the skin
glows and is silken and warm… it is bare of any hair, which makes the sweat
glisten like fine dew on a rose petal…. The arms are of that that would make
Adonis swell with jealousy. They are long and sinewy but hard as well…. Every
muscle that could have definition does, but not overly so… I am not looking at
some hulking form barely able to move. I am looking at a perfect being, rigidly
shaped and handsomely devilish… it is hurtful to watch him at this task; the beauty
just is overwhelming.

My own breaths catch at looking at the man, though calling him that does not do
it justice, for he is half alien. Maybe that is why he seems so unreal, so
perfect….so Saiyan…. Such a foreign word to those who inhabit the earth,
though there are few of them nowadays…. I am myself a part of just that heritage,
though I am more humanly than he….

I ache to see his arms flex as the do now while he is near me, and smell that spicy
aroma that I can just taste a hint of form my window seat…. I lick my lips in
anticipation… though for nothing more then respect do I contain those thoughts which burn inside, in his close proximity…. However, they are not far from my mind…. Just like that question that eats away me right now…. Why his he chopping wood????
 
I ponder this crazy question, staring avidly outside when I become aware that someone is staring back at me…. It is just a moment before I realize it is he, who is looking back, and I turn away from my viewpoint but still not too far from the window, only not so out in the open…. I hear a laugh float up from the outside and I recognize it as a voice of another. I sigh wondering if embarrassment is a form of a disease, which is fatal.
Then I realize that the most logical thing for me to do is carry on as though nothing out of the ordinary occurred; and I watching him do this menial task was nothing just nothing…. Only in my mind and the heat I felt inside was working on my imagination; creating havoc in commonplace.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````````````````
 
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````
 
Time again for me to wake up… I know the sun has yet to rise above the double mountain range that shadows the valley here. I often wake before the dawn for early morning training. Years spent with Vegeta prepare the mind and body for a lifetime of such happenings. In the dead of the night thousands of miles or even light-years away, I can awake at the same time that my being trained for. However, this morning it is more excitement rather than my internal clock that had struck a chord… some other part of me has awoken and beats against my soul…
 
Yesterday, I would have not considered it a possibility, but today has borne a new urgency, and I am determined beyond normal means to squelch it, get what I want or exhaust the avenues of this pursuit .
 
My good friends the Sons have invited me over for a sojourn from the grind of the daily life I exist in… My best friend was only too happy to provide me with the company I need, and alas to my surprise my other closest friend has supplied me my excitement my urgency. I always knew that this valley was full of glorious things which satisfied men of my caliber. It was something in the air, something in the soil, something in the majestic view of those mountains that spoke volumes to a Saiyan Soul; as to even touch my father with a quiet awe when he visited. Perhaps a pass memory out of my heritage, which causes the things. Or is it the girl?
The quiet comforts of the Son's residence is somewhat a paradox… On one side is the original home still equipped with environmental friendly appliances… in short , they still use wood to heat the stoves, furnace, and water. Next to it stands a rather up to date high tech yet country manor home, which had all the necessary means for a gentile life, but since I am not at Gohan's house, I am left to the more common arrangements. Which is fine, however, it makes my thinking differ somewhat. Instead a more familiar early morning exercise program… one which I am sure I could achieve at Gohan's home, I am urged to do it the `Goku' way….The first order of business would be to chop this wood that I am sure is in need considering there is another Siayan residing in this dwelling. My sincere gratitude to the proprietor is somewhat facetious since Goku has the largest pile of lumber I have seen without being in a lumberyard…. However, this first grabbed my attention. Yes I am a vain fellow and the need to show off my personal best features well this is an old fashion kind of place, and truth be told I find my self unable to stop myself,…so to the task of chopping wood….
To my delight , a single audience ….
To my horror, a double audience, very dissimilar.
 
“Hey Trunks! Why are you chopping wood?” Goten asked good-naturedly
I cringe at this.
I look to see my desire peering down with a look perhaps of longing, I hope.
 
“Oh, I see,” said of Goten as he followed my gaze then laughed his butt off at my expense…
 
Damn these Sons for perception where you think they would have none….