Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goku's Daughter?! ❯ Solitary Training ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Goku's Daughter?!

Author's Notes: …*dances Vash style again* *gg*

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN DBZ!!!

Chapter 28: Solitary Training

Gohan and Goku were quietly conversing outside while Goten was practicing his kicks and punches. Goten found it EXTREMELY boring to wait for his younger sister, and sighed, sending her a telepathic message:

'Sis, what's taking you so long?!'

Keri heard the message, and frowned, closing her eyes:

'I'm making myself a battle outfit Goten, so bug off!'

Goten grumbled something underneath his breath before realizing what she had just said.

'Hey, how come YOU get to make your OWN battle outfit?!' Goten's voice was practically screaming insanely into her ear.

Keri growled now.

'Stop asking so many questions!' she yelled mentally, but that ,made Goten even more convinced that he should know.

'Not until you answer mine.'

The tone in Goten's voice was quite pestering, and Keri mumbled something unhappily before replying.

'Cause I train myself, remember?! Or have you forgotten that Gohan never taught me to fly, I taught ME!'

Goten furrowed his brows in remembrance, and coughed.

'Fine, you win, okay?'

Keri grinned, and stepped out the door, this time answering Goten with her voice.

"I'm glad that you think so," she said, Goten looking at her when she came out. Goku and Gohan stopped talking, and Keri wanted to blush just then, she hated having so much attention drawn to herself, it was kind of nerve-wracking. Her father and two brothers were inspecting her outfit from top to bottom, Keri standing tall. To Goku, it looked a lot like his, but a little different:

Her hair was done in a ponytail down low, and her hair reached down to about 3 inches below the collar bone.

That headband from Namek was wrapped tightly around her forehead, either to gather sweat or just there for comfort.

Her pants were black and baggy, practically covering the black, thick material boots she was wearing.

She wore an orange over shirt that looked like Goku's, with a thickly padded blue undershirt. (AN: If you can guess why it's thickly padded, that's good, 'cause I don't wanna explain that all the time)

There were no cuffs around her wrists.

So basically, Keri's outfit was made to her comfort, plus it looked a little like Goku's for the top part of the suit.

>>

Keri kicked the dust a little while Goku's mind was finishing looking at the suit. He smiled in approval, as well as Gohan. Goten was grinning.

"Well, let's get to work," Goku said, a smile on his face. Keri's turned a little shy then, but she swallowed.

"Yeah!" Goten yelled, excited that they were FINALLY going to train. Keri felt her stomach knot up tight.

"Uhh, Daddy..." she began, beads of sweat shining through clearly. Goku turned around to look at her.

"Something wrong, sweetie?" He asked, concerned. He saw her look of discomfort and came over quickly. He felt her forehead, and it was kind of... wet. He quickly wiped the sweat off his hand in the grass. She seemed okay, but nervous. He grinned.

"Aww Keri, don't worry, I won't hurt you-" Goku was cut off by her quiet voice.

"No Dad, it's not that. It's just..." Keri turned away, her head to the ground.

"What? What is it?" Keri looked at him again.

"I'd like to train alone." Keri closed her eyes, preparing for the worst. She knew it was a privilege to fight with earth's greatest hero, a.k.a. her dad, but she had gotten so used to training herself that it became a self training program now. Goku looked at her in surprise, but didn't say anything. Gohan's facial expression didn't change one bit, he knew that that was coming. Keri was a solitary fighter, and in his opinion did a much better job of training herself than Vegeta ever had. Well, of course, sometimes she liked to train with the family, but she liked the peace and solitude of personal training a lot better.

"That's okay," Goku finally responded, smiling. Keri opened her one eye to see if he wasn't lying.

"Really?" She said in almost a squeak, and hugged Goku in thanks.

"Thanks a lot Daddy, bye!" She said, and sped off in the direction of the grass plains which was close by. Goku got up on his feet again from kneeling, and looked as the small black dot in the distance disappeared. Goku turned to Gohan, who almost jumped in surprise.

"Man Dad, you had me scared for a second there," he said, smiling a little. Goten sat, bored. Keri always did that, and sometimes she could really be a good arm-wrestling partner when she wasn't completely powered up.

"Gohan, why didn't you tell me that she does that?" Goku questioned, perking an eyebrow up at Gohan. Gohan just laughed nervously.

"I guess it's because I didn't think she would start up again so soon. But I guess I should tell you now so you know what she'll do in the future too," Gohan replied steadily, and Goku sat in mid-air, Indian style.

"That would be good," Goku said, and waited for Gohan to begin. Gohan cleared his voice.

"Well Dad, you see, Keri saw me flying when she was about 6 years old, and wanted to know how to fly too, so, she taught herself. I guess it was because she was watching me closely and everything, so her brain went to work on how I focused my energy and everything. She was flying in less than a week after watching and studying me thoroughly for about 2," Gohan said, and Goku looked surprised.

"She taught herself?" Goku said to himself, looking at the sky. "Wow." Gohan grinned a little.

"Yeah. Now, as I was saying, after she taught herself how to fly and focus her energy, she was convinced that martial arts and ki blasts were next. So, she tried extremely hard and did teach herself the basics of blasts. And everyday when she studied martial arts, her speed increased. It kind of reminded me of Vegeta's self training, just that hers seemed a lot safer." Goku nodded slowly. There was obviously a lot that he didn't know about his daughter.

"So as you can see, Dad, Keri is a solitary fighter, even though she does like to train with us sometimes, she'd much rather see if she could do the same things on her own. She's gotten a real goal to go after since she's seen Goten turn Super Saiyan. She's convinced that she can get there, and is training harder than ever before," he said, kind of sad. "But I'm afraid that she's pushing herself too hard, and I really am scared for her sometimes, Dad, I really am." Goku floated over to where Gohan was and patted him on the back.

"I know that she knows what she's doing, but you should have seen her a week ago Dad, you would've known what I mean," Gohan started. He felt like he was swallowing a large rock when he gulped.

"I went to see what Keri was doing all the time by herself again, and I saw her training. She was doing speedy kicks and punches in the air, not even bothering to stop for a break. But when she did, it wasn't the one that I expected. She started telling herself that maybe if she punched herself with that powerful right arm of hers at full strength, maybe she'd get a taste of how the enemies feel and how she could make that fist even stronger." Goku listened intensely to his son's words.

"So when she gathered a whole lot of her energy, she converted it all into fist power and punched herself in the stomach as hard as she could." Goten was interested too now, he hadn't remembered hearing about this. He felt bad for Keri now, that really must hurt to get punched by THAT fist.

"I could've sworn that Keri was holding her stomach the rest of that day, she almost fainted but used all of her energy to stay up on her feet. But I knew that what I had seen was real in her that day, because in that one punch I could feel all of her energy collide with another... I don't know with whose, but it did collide with someone else's... and I had a really weird feeling right about then, that there was someone else inside Keri who was pushing her strength and speed to it's limits. And at that moment, Dad, I was the one that was really scared."

*********************************************************** *****************

Another person inside Keri? What does that mean, you may ask? Well, you'll just have to find out when I update this story a MILLION YEAR FROM NOW!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (jk, people, don't worry. I'll update soon.)