Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Goku's Daughter?! ❯ The Letter ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Goku's Daughter?!

Author's Note: Thank you all for writing such nice reviews! :) Also, I will make a sequel after this story about Keri's college years... but that's a LOOOOONG time from now!

Disclaimer: I DON'T OWN DBZ!!!

Chapter 5: The Letter

"Gohan, I really haven't got a thought from you about how you've been lately," Goku said. Gohan looked away, he was still very ashamed from the fight with Cell. Goku caught on almost immediately, and put a hand on his son's shoulder.

"Son, it wasn't your fault. How many times do I have to tell you? You saved the planet from near destruction, yet you're still convinced that I'm mad at you for not killing Cell at the right moment. Gohan, it's actually the opposite. I'm so proud of you," he said quietly. A tear trickled down Gohan's cheek.

"Why did you have to leave, Dad? You don't know how hard it's been without you, I missed you so much while you were gone, it's even more horrible when I know you sacrificed yourself for my mistake," Gohan murmured, choking on his tears. He finally gave up trying to hide them, and sobbed aloud. Goku kneeled next to Gohan, smiling at his son.

"I wish I could've stayed, but like I said, all the monsters come after me, and that's why this planet suffered so much, it was all because of me," he replied to his son's cries. Gohan's face suddenly turned pale.

"Dad, it wasn't you, it wasn't-" Gohan began, but was cut off by Goku.

"You'd like to think that, wouldn't you?" Gohan's tears flowed even more this time.

"No Dad, it's true, please listen to me," he whispered, Goku not catching what he was saying. He put his face in his hands, and ran to his room.

"Dad doesn't understand, it's not him, it never was. They came... because they were power-hungry. Only when dad showed his power to them, then they became interested. If he never did show his power, they would have never gone after him. But if he didn't, the Earth would've been destroyed by now," Gohan said to himself in a bitter tone. Why didn't Goku want to listen to him? Gohan knew that he had to tell his father, but how? Goku could only stay for two days, but couldn't Gohan secretly gather the dragon balls in that time? He thought for a moment.

'No, Dad would hate me if I even had the idea of bringing him back. His decision was firm when he made it two years ago. He doesn't want to come back. He CAN'T come back, because he's afraid of the consequences,' Gohan thought, wiping his tears away as he started writing a note.

Dear Dad,

Please listen to me when I say this: It wasn't you. All those times when you thought the enemy was after you, it was actually after power. I know that you may doubt me, but you've just gotta hear me out. When you fought each enemy, they were intrigued by your skills and power, and that made them want to go for a new challenge , which immediately pointed to you. I know that if you didn't show them your power, the earth would've probably been nothing more than a pile of ashes, but since you did, they were angry at how powerful you were, and wanted revenge when you beat them. An example? How about Dr. Gero, who when you beat him, built four maniacally powerful monsters, but Cell came to be the worst one of all. You see, Dad, it was all for revenge. So don't say that it's you, because it wasn't. It was them and their vengeful, power-hungry selves. I hope you consider this note before you make any major choices. I miss you Dad.

Love,

Gohan

Gohan put down the pencil, and walked out of his room.

****************************************************************** **************

So... You like? So write a review to tell me if it's eww (gross) or ooh!