Dragon Half Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon and Her Slayer ❯ Episode I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow! The first real Dragon Half fanfiction. I feel so privileged, not like anyone is going to read this anyway. Oh, well. I still get a chance to feel special. It's short, I know, but I'm getting into my groove, I promise. This would make a great third episode, in my opinion. ^_^

The Dragon and Her Slayer

Episode I

"Look at this, Mink! We have 50,000 gamels, enough to take the plane to the mayor's to find the People Potion!" Lufa cried, flashing the bag of jingling coins. The red-haired mink grinned, grabbing the bag and adjusting the strap on her new top. The king had gladly furnished her with it after she received her winnings from the Brutal, Killer Martial Arts Tournament.

"Are we going to the airport or what?" Pia asked excitedly, Mappy gripping onto the chibi's helmet as she jumped up and down. Mink smiled, her brown dragon tail waving back and forth.

"That's a great idea! We're off to find the People Potion!" Laughing, the four companions hopped off in the direction of the airport.

***

"Oh, when I get my hands on that dragon.." Dick muttered, pulling up his trousers as he left the bathroom. He stomped across the stone platform, when he did a double take.

The entire arena was gone save a tower of debris in the middle of the pit of lava. A good portion of the stands were destroyed, with huge rocks blockading his way. Saucer reached for his jaw, which had fallen to the ground, and reattached it.

"This is all that red dragon's work!" he declared, sticking out his chest and glaring at no one in particular. "I, Dick Saucer, shall get my revenge!" With that, the warrior turned on his heel and, climbing up the stands in a very undignified way, vaulted over the uppermost wall and strolled away from the destroyed arena.

***

"Your highness-"

"Go away." Rosario shuffled his feet and, taking out a roll of yarn and some chopsticks, began to knit a sweater. The large, bald king glared at him. "I repeat: go away!" he yelled, slamming one fist into the arm of his throne. Letting out a little "eep," he went to nursing his smarting hand in his mouth. Dropping his bright pink knit, Rosario rushed to the king's side and put a bag of ice on the affected hand. Slapping away the advisor's tending, the king recomposed himself.

"Your highness, I have another plan," Rosario continued as he refilled his bucket of dry ice. The king sighed and looked at his advisor.

"Fine, what is it? Does it involve trained bees or poison darts?" He asked skeptically. Rosario looked hurt, then sneered and cleared his throat.

"No! It, in fact, involves clever manipulation and implementation of my skills as a sorcerer!" he insisted. The king contemplated this for a moment.

"Okay... What is it you want to do?" he asked at length. Rosario grinned at his victory.

"Since my Snow White ploy didn't work, I'm going to put her into a deep sleep until the prince comes and kisses her!" Rosario beamed proudly, until a large, black press came flying down and squashed him.

"Ye king's anger," the king announced, getting up and rubbing his hands together. "I'll get you, Ruth, then your wife will be mine!" He left, chuckling evilly. Rosario eventually managed to get the enormous "Anger" off of himself and scurried after the king, bucket of dry ice in tow.