Dragon Knights Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ Earth, Fire and Water ❯ Omoidasu ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Be gone, or I shall sic *my* lawyers on you; bwuhahahaha! Not that I, eh, have any; eh heh...

 

A/N: Wow, I finally posted the next chapter! [grovel] Gomen nashi! It's been almost... three months... hasn't it? O_O But I'll make it up to you! I've decided that I'm just going to post all the rest of the chapters in one go, like I probably should have in the first place, despite the fact that it'll look pretty bad to have five chapters and two reviews... sigh... Well anyhoo, on to the chapter! This one is a bit more serious, just to give you fair warning. And... prepare to be confused! [evil cackle]

 

===============================================================

Chapter Two: Omoidasu

===============================================================

 

 

 

....

 

Ah, it was a day like any other. The wind blowing through the trees; through the grass, the newly opened flowers - not to mention through the long, blonde hair of a certain meditating elf. The weather was truly beautiful; not a cloud in sight. There was only one thing missing... Ah yes; here it was now.

 

"WAKE UP, YA LAZY ELF!"

 

Rune sweatdropped. Must... resist... urge... to kill... He opened one eye irritably. "I've gone over this with you before, Thatz. Bother me while I'm meditating, and I won't make you any more aqua-balls to sell."

 

Thatz grinned nervously. "Sell? Whatever are you talking about?"

 

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, and I suppose you use them to, what, fill your bathtub?"

 

"Um..."

 

"Right. So what do you want, anyway?"

 

The ex-thief flopped down on the grass beside him, cushioning his head on his arms. "Nothin', really. I just wanted to hang out."

 

Rune scoffed. "So why don't you hang out with Rath? I thought I was a spoil-sport."

 

He grinned up at him. "Aw, come on Rune-kun; you know we love ya!"

 

He blinked at the use of the -kun, but let it slide. "Uh-huh... Was there anything in particular that you wanted to talk about?"

 

Thatz shrugged. "Nah, really. You can go back to meditating; I'll watch."

 

He sweatdropped again. "Um, Thatz, I don't think watching someone meditate is really that interesting..."

 

He rolled over onto his stomach, staring at the elf intently. "Sure it is."

 

....

 

Darn it, he couldn't stay focused. Since that day, Thatz had being coming to watch him meditate almost day. It made it really difficult to concentrate when you knew someone was watching you; you started to wonder if they were bored; why they *weren't* bored, anyway; whether they'd left and you just hadn't heard them because you couldn't CONCENTRATE!

 

He opened one eye just the tiniest little bit - to discover Thatz was looking right at him.

 

Said earth knight snickered. "You peeked," he whispered.

 

He opened his eyes the rest of the way with a sigh. "Well, I can't help it; you're very distracting."

 

Thatz looked hurt. "You want me to go away?"

 

He raised an eyebrow at the other's expression. "No, you can stay. Why do you like watching me, anyway?"

 

He seemed to seriously consider this for a moment. "I don't know... There's nothing better to do around here, I guess."

 

....

 

It was the next day, and, wow, he couldn't concentrate! He couldn't stop thinking about what Thatz said. Finally, he came to a conclusion.

 

He opened his eyes. Thatz blinked; apparently he'd startled him. "You never gave me a real answer yesterday," he accused.

 

He blinked again. "Eh, to what?"

 

Rune shot him a withering glance. "To my question, baka. Why do you like watching me meditate?"

 

"Uh, oh, that... I don't know, really!"

 

"Oh come on!" he said, exasperated. "You've been coming to watch me almost every day for the past month; you must have some reason."

 

He shifted uncomfortably. "Eh, I'll tell you later. Just go back to meditating, 'k?"

 

He closed his eyes, but he defiantly couldn't meditate now. A miniscule frown graced his features; this was getting pretty weird... There was the sound of movement. Rune opened his eyes just in time to see Thatz - as the other knight's lips closed over his own.

 

He gasped into the kiss. What did Thatz think he was doing? He was pushing him on to his back... This was wrong. Tintlet...

 

He pushed him off, gasping for air. "What are you *doing*?"

 

He winced. "I decided this was later," Thatz muttered, standing up and brushing himself off. "Sorry..." He looked down at him hopefully.

 

....

 

END FLASHBACK

 

....

 

There was a horribly timed knock on his bedroom door; Rune's eyes flew open. He sighed, and called for the person to come in.

 

It was one of the palace servants. She informed him that lunch was being served; he told her that he would be down in a minute and she left.

 

Rune sighed again; and he'd just been in the middle of reminiscing, too... He hadn't been able to believe it when Thatz and Rath took their relationship public last week. He had already known about it, of course, but having everyone talking about it just made it that much worse.

 

He really needed to let go of the past, he reasoned. He and Thatz had broken up a *long* time ago. They just weren't meant to be, as was evidenced by their constant bickering not too long into their relationship. Breaking up had been the best thing to do, for both of them, really. But now he missed him.

 

Unfortunately, even if he did want to try and patch things up between them, it was too late now.

 

Slowly, feeling tired, Rune stood up and headed down to the dining hall to eat.

 

===============================================================

 

A/N: [cringe] Short chapter, I know... But crucial ^_^ Short or not, would you believe that I wrote this whole thing over lunch? I have a very weird system for writing; I may not write anything for a month, then I'll just all of the sudden write a whole story in three days. No, really, I've done that before. Four chapters, too. [beams] Yeah, I'm going to be bragging about that for the rest of my life, no doubt about it. Just be glad I actually continued this piece of crap. R&R all! Oh, by the by, `omoidasu' means `remember' ^_^