Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Thanks ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Thanks
by Akatriel

************************************************************************ ***********************************
Disclamer: Don't own it
************************************************************************ ***********************************

Just because I hate them doesn't mean I don't love them. I do. The Dragon Tribe was all I knew.

They know that demon hunting is just a game. They don't know the rules, but they know what it is; a game.

What is a game, exactly? Something to distract yourself from something less desirable. So that's what I do. I kill one of my own so that I don't have to face the truth. So -they- won't face the truth.

But that doesn't stop the hurt.

That's the story of my life: hurt, kill, hurt, kill....with a few breaks for food and sleep. Day after day.But that's it, really. Why bother? I know it will all come back to haunt me, someday.

That's why I don't love. That's why I don't cry. Because when I start to open up, something will go wrong, and then the hurt comes. That's what I hate the most. I don't mind physical pain. But the hurt...it gnaws inside me, making me feel..guilty. And I hate to feel guilty.

But there is nothing anyone can do. So life goes on, I go on adventures. Typical day in my wonderful life.

Off I go to hunt demons again. Off I go to do something totally irresponsible. Because if I didn't, I wouldn't be Rath. And that's a game, too. It takes my mind off the pain. It takes my mind off the -love-.

I always said I hated the Dragon Tribe. I still do. Because they love -me-. And I love them. Is that a reason to hate? For me it is.

But I know that their intentions are good, even if I still hurt.

So I just wanna say thanks.

-Owari (?)-
************************************************************************ *********************************

Whoa....okay, that was pretty dark. I wrote that, in like, 5 minutes. No joke. I'm really proud, though. The idea came to me while I was reading fics from one of my fave authors. I know it's short, but....

If you have any comments, reviews would be much appreciated.