Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Unrequited Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Unrequited Love
by Akatriel

************************************************************************ ***********************************
Disclaimer: Don't own it.
************************************************************************ ***********************************

Alfeegi. I never knew that one word could cause me so much pain;
How one person could make me cry so much.
How a single moment could make me feel so much.

People always wonder why I prefer him over Ruwalk. They're too nice to say so, but I can tell. I can always tell. I don't even know why. Ruwalk's perfect. Of course he is.

But I've always loved things not for the obvious reasons. I love them for their flaws, their difficulties;

This is why I get in trouble so much. I always fall for the one thing I can't have. Or the one treasure I can't reach. Or, in this case, the one person I need.

And gods, do I need him.

I've never really wanted someone before. Not really. Not the kind of wanting that makes you cry every night, to torture yourself with questions of why you can't have him, and to hurt.

Everyday, I watch him, under the protective cover of happiness. Usually, I'm so busy pretending to be happy that I hardly feel the pain.

Then, at night, I sleep. That's okay, too. Because in my dreams no one can touch me. In my dreams, anything can happen. Reality is nothing.

Sometimes though, my facade slips. I'll run to the gardens to cry, or go to Ruwalk for comfort. That's what I hate the most.

My weakness. How I give in so easily to the pain, sometimes. Because I know that what I want, more than anything, is to let go. To forget. And everytime I cry, I am reminded more and more, so that the memory is imprinted in my mind.

Alfeegi doesn't love me. That's okay. But the pain is still there. The rejection. That's where the hurt is.

He doesn't love me. I can see it in his eyes. I've always been good at sensing people. Of their emotions, of their character. And I know that Alfeegi doesn't love me. He never will. Because we're all in a tangled web of secrets, and the one between the two of us is too intricate, too painful. He's afraid of the hurt too.

I was right..

Right before he left, he found his true love. Someone who could take care of him, and especially someone who could protect him from the hurt.

Someone who could make him forget.

It's okay; I've always known he would find someone. So it didn't hurt; not really. It was nothing compared to what I went through before. Because now I know for sure. Now I know that my love for him, whatever it is, is unrequited.

And, maybe, that's just as good.

-End-
************************************************************************ *********************************
God, that was really vague. And weird. It's just that I don't really feel like coming up with intricate plots. Right now I like thought pieces.

My writing is so repetitive. Ugh. Whatever. Practice makes perfect, right?

If you have any comments or critiques, reviews will be much appreciated.

P.S. Can you guess who's POV it is?

-Akatriel