Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Horror Fan Fiction / Angels Fan Fiction ❯ Jayce-Torrin ❯ Lady, Leave Me Alone ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hi. My name is Nicole. I’m 15 years old and im in 9th grade. I don’t really fit in much, never really have, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have friends. I’m just a normal high school student trying to get by.
Okay well maybe not normal, actually nowhere near it, but its not my fault. You see, ever since I was little, I’ve been different. I crawled, walked, talked and wrote my own way and while little girls were playing with Barbie dolls and little baby dolls, I was burning them and throwing them across the room. But theres more.
I started to notice it when I was about 5. I woke up one morning and my dog was in the backyard. I didn’t think anything of it but when she started barking no one was doing anything about it. So I went over to my mom and asked if I should let the dog back in. My mom looked at me with a tear in my eye and said the dog had died last night.
Around 9 or 10 years old, this gift that I had (for whatever reason) seemed to grow. Now I was seeing actual apparitions, sensing their presences, even talking to them. But what was more, I was having strange dreams that felt so real and the scary part, most of them ended up happening.
Soon after that, frightening things started to happen. It was no longer just seeing and hearing. Now I could actually be physically harmed by these apparitions.
I didn’t know why this was happening or what it was but I just went along with it. But as time went by, I wanted to know what this was. Little did I know, I would find out the strangest way possible.
It happened when I was 14…

Riiiiiing. Riiiiing.
“Hello?” I looked at the clock as it blank 11:45.
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!” a voice squealed through the other side of the phone.
“Oh, Hey I must have overslept again. Sorry.” I woke up groggily.

It was 11:45 in the morning. February 3rd my 14th birthday.

“So are you still up for coming to the city with us today, or are you too sleeeeeeeepy?” she teased.
“Pick me up in an hour, ill be ready.”
“OKAY!” the voice on the other side of the phone yelled again.
“Oh yeah…Kay?” I asked groggily still trying to get up.
“Huh?” she sounded so hyper that day
“Yell in my ear again and I swear….”
“SORRY!”
*click*

I got up and took a shower, did my hair, and within an hour I was ready to leave. As we started getting closer to the city my stomach started to get butterflies. I don’t know why, Ive been to the city plenty of times so its not like I was overly excited, in fact im not even sure it was a good feeling. It’s not like it was a bad day either, it wasn’t too cold and it was bright and sunny out. It was strange.

We finally got there at about 2:00 and my stomach felt as if it were about to fly out of my throat. Wonderful feeling, I know.
Kays step- mom took the subway to the other side of the city for a date or something. I knew there had to be some kind of catch, she was acting way too happy about driving two teenage girls to the city, two girls that she didn’t particularly like for that matter.
But atleast she wasn’t stalking us around Central Park with leashes around our necks.

We were walking towards the Central Park Zoo to see the monkeys and penguins but Kay had to use the restrooms so we stopped. I waited outside because I hate the smell of public bathrooms.
As I was standing there a lady who had some type of cart was waving at me to come over to her. I looked behind the cart as she sat me down, she seemed to be one of those so called “psychics” that tell you how long you have to live or who you will marry. Baisically anything to get their money to survive.

She looked at me with this weird face.
“I see…” she spoke slowly.
“What do you see?” I was so confused.
“Your soul is quite old.”

I don’t know who she was calling old, shes the one who looked as if she crawled out of a coffin.

“My… soul?” I hesitated “What do you mean?”
“Your soul. Your life force.” She sounded irritated
“How can you see my soul?” she was creeping me out.
“I cant see it, I can sense it. What a silly remark.” She was smiling

*Who is she to be talking about “silly remarks”?! *

“But which one are you?”
“Which what?”
“Who is your guide?”
“Guide….?” I was confused.
“Of which side are you?”
“Side…?”
“Has she died?”
“Died…? Lady what on earth are you talking about?”

She took a deep breath then let out a long sight of disappointment. Or maybe it was just frustration. And then she looked out the window.
There was a man standing there for quite some time. It was about time she noticed him.
She got up and walked to the other side of the room and picked up a brown pouch . She walked over toward the window and sprinkled some of whatever was in the bag across the bottom of the window sill.
It looked as if the man exploded into dust and was taken by the wind.

“That.” She said, motioning toward where the man once stood.
“What about him?”
“Why are you not surprised by the events that just took place. Why could you see that man?”
“Ive been wanting to know that for a while now. Why don’t you tell me.”
“No I mean, that was an evil spirit, one with the urge to cause harm. Your soul should only be able to see the good spirits.”

She may as well be talking to a brick wall. I knew all this already and I didn’t need her explaining it to me I just wanted to get out of there.
I looked out the window toward the zoo. There was a little girl standing there she was dressed in clothes my grandmother would have worn as a child.

“Like that one there?” I pointed to the spot.
“Y-yes. Just…. Like…that one.” She was staring at me in disbelief. “So youre that one.”
“What are you talking about?”
“The gift your soul possess is being able to see the good and bad.”
“Okay how is this strange.”
“There are only three soul types that match the strength of yours. They are not human but of ancient beings and are only born every millennium.
The names of these souls are:
Nevaeh of light
Hayden of the shadows
Jayce-Torrin
The soul of nevaeh can only experience the good, Hayden the bad, but Jayce-Torren has, by far, the most power. Jayce-Torren can experience both sides.Each one of these souls is reborn with a new guardian or guide. Get it now?”
“So what youre telling me is that I have a soul as old as time ,with its own name, that isn’t even human.”
“Good listener.” She complimented
“Listen ma’am, do you know how ridiculous that sounds.”
“Ridiculous as it may sound, its true.”
“Well in that case, my name is Mother Teresa.”
“What a sense of humor. But this is nothing to joke about. Your’ guardian is missing which leaves your soul open for the taking.” She smiled getting up.
“I could honestly care less. Ghosts and spirits I believe in but all of this witchcraft talk I haven’t believed in since I was a little girl. If someone honestly wants my soul that badly then they can have it.”

“They will, they will.” She mumbled
“What was that?”
“Oh nothing.” She smiled again

I just wanted to get out of there as badly as possible. This old lady was clinically ill and most likely dangerous. I needed to leave then and there and never coming back to this spot. I went to get out of my chair but my legs were stuck to the legs.

“Going somewhere?” she snickered.
“What’s going on?” I panicked.

I looked down at my legs to find that they were tightly tied to the legs of the wooden chair.

“When did you do that? I didn’t see you do that, who else is here?”
“No one else is here.” She smiled while going over and locking the door tightly with 3 padlocks. Then she took a green pouch and sprinkled the contents beneath the door entryway.
I went to untie my legs but my arms were tied to the arms of the chair.

“What the Fuck is going on here?!” I demanded, knowing she wasn’t going to answer me.

She started to light incense and candles , which were in a pattern throughout the small cart. She then started to sprinkle dust all over me and talk in a strange language. Latin, maybe.
Then she took a small dagger with a symbol on the handle and made a long gash in my throat. She then gathered the blood spilling from the gash with a small cloth and burned it above the flame of a tall black candle in the middle of the small cart-room.

I began to get light headed. I wasn’t sure whether it was from the strong stench of the incense or the gash in my throat. Maybe it was just from fear or some type of combination of the three. But either way, I wasn’t going to be conscious for too much longer. That much I knew.

“LADY, GET AWAY FROM ME!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Suddenly, the ropes on my arms and legs loosened and I took the chance and ran for it. I ran across the walkway, over to where the bathrooms were and when I got there I looked across the pathway at the cart. The old lady was in the window smiling and waving.
I turned right into my friend, who had just walked out of the bathroom, and screamed.

“What’s the matter with you?”
“Kay hurry we have to find the police or the Army or the National Guard”
“Whoa whoa wait. What are you going on about? Did some old hobo try to pick you up again?” she laughed.
“No you have to listen to me. That cart over there,” I pointed behind me to where the cart was,” the woman inside it-
“Cole…? What cart?”
“What do you mean? That cart right,” she turned me around. “there….?”
“Are you feeling okay? Do you need to go to the nurse’s station?”
“I swear there was a cart there before. I was in it I swear. And that old woman….”
“Cole slow down. What old woman?” she sounded worried now.“That’s it, I’m taking you to the nurses station.”

I remembered the cut in my throat. That would prove that I wasn’t going crazy.

“Wait, how do you explain this then?” I pointed to my throat.
My friend looked at me with great concern. “Explain what?”
“This huge slit in my neck.”
“Cole, there’s nothing there.” She looked scared

I felt my throat where I had been cut, nothing was there. I looked back at my friend in disbelief.

“But…”

“Okay im calling mom, I think we should go home.” She calmly said while pulling out her phone.

There was no proof. Nothing to prove what had happened.

*Am I really going crazy?*

We sat on a bench outside of central park in silence until Kay’s mom pulled up. As we were leaving, I looked back at where the cart was. The old lady was standing there waving and smiling menacingly.

I turned to Kay.

“Kay look over –
I looked back and she was gone.
“Look where?”
“Nothing never mind.” I said while getting into the back seat.

We were silent the whole way home. I sat there trying to recall if it was all a dream.
*Jayce-Torrin* I thought to myself while staring at the sunset.