Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Fight or Flight ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the characters of Supernatural or FAKE. In fact, it's possible that the only thing that's mine is the plot.

Night in New York City is a sight to behold, if you're one of those people that can appreciate the beauty of city lighting. Being a city that never sleeps, its lights can be seen no matter where you are or when, and it could definitely be called breathtaking.
But oftentimes what happens below the lights is far less beautiful. It is well known that New York City is a city alive with everything you could think of—including crime. It really can't be helped because that is the way of the world, and if you can look beyond the bright lights you'll often find that you've been blind and underneath the surface things are a lot more complicated.
XXX
It had begun to rain, soft, pattering drops that fit so nicely with the atmosphere of daytime New York, but seem dreadfully out of place at night when things are supposed to be clear and alive. The rain permeated everything in the city—ground, air, clothes, hair—slowly and surely seeping through until not a single thing could escape it.
Even the back alleyways couldn't escape the drizzle, and that was why the man backed up against the wall of one of them was so soaked to the skin.
He seemed to take no notice of this, however. Nor did he seem to care overmuch about the gun leveled at him. Instead, his eyes focused on the gun's possessor, his hands hanging at his sides and his entire body loose and easy, though his jaw was locked and in his eyes was something undeniably, heart-wrenchingly sad, but not afraid.
Please,” he said quietly, and his tone matched his face. “You don't want to do this.”
The gun didn't waver.
If you do what you're being told to do, you'll always regret it. And I don't want you to go through that. I don't want to make things worse for you.”
Not a twitch.
Please. I love you…”
A gunshot shattered the night.

AN: I know, it's a page of absolutely nothing. But it IS going somewhere, I promise. And just be warned: this is my first ever FAKE fanfic. `Nough said. Review, please!