Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a Moment ❯ Hanging by a Moment ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hanging by a Moment
Fandom: FAKE
Pairing: Dee/Ryo
Rating: Young Adult—over 15, please.
Summary: Dee and Ryo going out to dinner, and such, to the song “Hanging by a Moment” by Lifehouse.
Disclaimer: Don't own FAKE or any of Lifehouse's songs. No money made nor infringement intended.
 
 
Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you
 
Dee closed his door and slid across the hood of the car to other side so he would be able to open Ryo's door before the half-Japanese man had a chance. Of course, this earned him a glare at first, but he was taking his boyfriend out to dinner. Could he not at least act the part?
 
The other detective stepped out of the car smoothly, and Dee suddenly wished he had decided to have a simple dinner at home. Then he would not bet in quite as much trouble for kissing the other man breathless.
 
I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
 
“Why are you just standing there, Dee?” Ryo asked, breaking into the other man's thoughts. No that it was too difficult.
 
Dee felt a smirk spread across his face. “I'm not moving until you give me a kiss.”
 
The blush that grew on Ryo's cheeks was worth any scolding he might get later. Yet, to Dee's great surprise, he partner glanced around before leaning forward and pressing their lips together for a brief moment. “You made reservations, didn't you? I wouldn't want to be late.”
 
“Late, right.” Dee took a moment to focus on why grabbing Ryo and slamming him against the car was not a good idea. For one, Ryo would probably be angry, which was never good.
 
Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely incomplete
I'll take your invitation
You take all of me now
 
Dinner was a pleasant affair and Ryo really seemed impressed by the quality of the place. What had he been expecting, a burger joint? Well, maybe, given how they normally did not splurge this much on food.
 
When they had gotten back into the car, the Japanese man leaned back in his seat, closing his eyes. That had been nice, and a complete break from the ordinary. They had been given a few odd looks at first, but Dee had not let it bother him, so Ryo decided to do the same. Let other people think what they wanted. He had enjoyed a wonderful dinner with his partner and boyfriend and nothing would change that.
 
Except, maybe, making the evening together last longer. Before he could find a reason for them not to, he voiced his idea aloud. “Hey, Dee?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Would you…would you want to come inside my place for a bit? We can have a drink or something…” Why did it seem so much easier when Dee asked the questions?
 
“Sounds great. But what about the brat?”
 
Ryo sighed, a smile teasing his lips. “I'd rather you not call him that. He's staying at a friend's house for the weekend. I think Carol's over there too, though I'm not sure if she will be overnight…”
 
“How old is he again?” Dee asked, a thoughtful expression on his face.
 
“He just turned twelve, why?”
 
“No reason.”
 
I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
 
This time, Ryo got out of the car before Dee had a chance to slide over again. This earned him a pout, but he only smiled. It was about time he had the upper hand. A wicked idea formed in his mind as he closed his door, staying right where he stood. Maybe he could have a bit of fun tonight without things getting out of hand.
 
Dee had started to walk towards the apartment entrance, but stopped when he realized Ryo was not walking ahead of him. He could not get in without the shorter man. “Ryo? Something wrong?”
 
“Not moving,” Ryo said plainly, hoping he would understand the hint.
 
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you
 
“What…” It took a moment to have everything connect, and when it did he smiled. He walked back to Ryo casually, looking around, before swooping down and catching the other's lips in a deep kiss, nothing at all like the sweet one Ryo had given him earlier.
 
Ryo pulled away with a gasp. If they had kept that up—a shiver ran down his spine at the thought. Not good. He did not fully know what he was getting himself into, and he was not sure he wanted to be where he was, but those thoughts were blown away when Dee stole another deep kiss.
 
“Dee,” Ryo said, his breath taking a moment to return. “I only meant one…”
 
The taller detective smiled and Ryo felt another shiver go down his spine. “I should take that last one back, then, shouldn't I?”
 
“Not out here…” the sandy blond said, blushing brightly.
 
“Hmm…” Dee muttered, nuzzling the other's neck. “Inside, though, I might have to take back more than a few kisses.”
 
His voice was the only thing that Ryo heard now, and he was not sure if he wanted to return to reality just yet.
 
There is nothing else to lose
There is nothing else to find
There's nothing in the world
That can change my mind
 
 
“Let's go inside, Dee,” Ryo whispered desperately. Anyone could walk around the corner and see them. They could always play it off, pretending to be drunk, but he was a private man. He did not enjoy others digging into his personal life.
 
The voice that spoke right next to Dee's ear made his knees do weak and he almost offered to take Ryo right there, on his car. It would not bother him, but he doubted that Ryo would appreciate it. There was nothing else in the world that mattered more to him than Ryo.
 
There is nothing else
There is nothing else
There is nothing else
 
“We'll go inside, Baby,” Dee muttered against the other's neck. He definitely felt the shudder this time and it thrilled him that he was still able to pull these reactions out of the blond. No one else reacted the same way his Ryo did.
 
Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you
 
Dee did not know how Ryo managed it. So many times Dee had Ryo pinned to something on their way up to his apartment and each time the smaller detective was able to worm away and continue their ascent. A lot had changed since Dee had finally won the other man around, but at times it seemed like nothing had really changed. Ryo still dodged his affections, especially in public, but there were other times where everything was different and Ryo would be practically begging him. With every twist he felt like he was dropped once again at the beginning of a very long maze—one he had finally almost completed, only to start all over again.
 
I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
 
The door to his rooms finally opened—it was not easy with Dee's arm around his middle, messing with the keys and the buttons of Ryo's clothes. The man never made anything easy. Maybe some payback was in order.
 
Dee was expecting to walk right in and start ravishing Ryo as soon as they crossed the threshold, but the smaller man did not budge. “Baby? Aren't we going in?” His lust-clouded mind was not up for games right now.
 
“Not moving…” Ryo whispered, then gasped as arms turned him around quickly and a mouth sealed over his own. Those arms slid down his back and over his rear before stopping on his thighs. He thought that was all they were going to do, but then they lifted up and Ryo had to grip Dee's shoulders quickly to keep from falling. His leg automatically wrapped around his love's waist as Dee stepped into the apartment and closed the door with his foot. How he managed to do that with Ryo hanging on him, the blond did not know, he merely kissed Dee harder.
 
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you
 
The couch would be too uncomfortable, especially for what Dee had in mind. Ryo should not have teased so much, the raven mused. He had no right to complain about this later, that much was certain.
 
Ryo did not completely understand what was happening, but it felt far too good to stop. “Dee, please…”
 
Just hanging by a moment (here with you)
 
That was the voice that always broke through any control Dee had left. Bikky was not home, would not be home all weekend. Definitely no complaints later, he thought as he placed Ryo on the bed and began to do what he had been hoping for all evening.
 
Hanging by a moment (here with you)
Hanging by a moment here with you
 
~End