Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Ice ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ice: A Fake Fanfic Part II


"See you tomorrow!" A teenage girl waved to a group walking away from an ice rink.

"Bye!"

"Later!"

Smiling the girl turned and began to head in the opposite direction. Suddenly someone wearing a hat low over their face ran by, grabbing one of the skates. "Hey!" The girl clung to the other, pulling back. After a few minutes struggle the shoelaces broke, and the person ran down an alley. "Give me back my skate!" The girl ran after him.

The figure stood at the end of the alley, a wall behind him. "Looking for this?" He held up her skate. The girl paused, and turned to run. Two more figures stood at the end of the alley. "We think you should choose a new hobby."

"Are you the one who wrote the note?" The girl demanded, pulling something out of her pocket.

"That would be us." The figure at the end of the alley admitted. The girl ripped up the paper she held and tossed it at him. "You shouldn't have done that. It was very rude..."


JJ tossed the morning paper on his partner's desk. 'Ice Stalker Hits Again. Innocent Girl Brutally Beaten and Left in Alley'
Drake picked it up with a sigh. "Wrong rink."

"Again." JJ nodded. "We're doomed." He sat down on Drake's desk. "Look, I know you hate the idea but we have to split up tonight. Go to two different rinks. It's no guarantee but it will signifigantly better our chances.

"It's too dangerous."

"It's the only way."

"You don't know that. We could still choose wrong." Drake pointed out.

"But there'd be less of a chance of missing them. C'mon, you know I'm right."

"No, I can't accept that." Drake shook his head.

"Look, Drake. If we each take a rink-" JJ began.

"One of us could be attacked." Drake finished.

"You've got nothing to worry about. All the victims spent time on the ice."

"In that case I'll say I don't want to pick up the morning paper and see you here." Drake pointed at the picture of the girl who'd been lured into the alley.

"You won't. Because I can take care of myself better than you can take care of yourself. And if we're ever going to solve this case-"

"I can't accept the thought of us going alone. We don't know anything really, but we're guessing there has to be more than one person involved. We don't know if there's too many people for two of us to handle, let alone one. You're just being prideful." Drake told him.

"Prideful?" JJ crossed his arms.

"Yes, prideful. I'm just being realistic-"

"A-hem!" Ted broke in.

"What?" JJ and Drake turned.

"As much as I hate to interrupt. Berkeley wants to see you two. Now." Ted informed them.

"I wonder why." JJ said sarcastically as he stood up.

"I'm not through with this conversation." Drake told JJ.

"Good, because neither am I." JJ replied as they walked away.

Ted shook his head and picked up the newspaper they'd left behind.


"But you said we'd go again tonight." Bikky complained into the phone.

"I know, I'm sorry. We'll go another time." Ryo promised.

"When? Carol's birthday is at the end of next week."

"I don't know when, but we'll go before then." Ryo glanced at his watch. "I have to go, Bikky. We'll talk more tomorrow."

"Fine." Bikky hung up the phone. For a moment he sat still, frustration evident on his features. Then he stood up, grabbed his jacket, and left the apartment.


"I take it he wasn't happy." Dee mentioned as Ryo hung up the phone.

"I did promise."

"Well, you couldn't help it. C'mon let's get to our ice rink."


"If Dee and Ryo find the Ice Stalker I'm going to shoot myself." JJ muttered as he tied on his skates.

"You won't if Paul and Katie find the Ice Stalkers?"

"No, I'll hang myself."

"Look on the bright side, we didn't lose the case." Drake brought up.

"No, but if someone else nabs them after all the effort we've put into this case..." JJ trailed off when he looked up. "Um...can you get me a drink?" He asked suddenly.

"Why don't you get your own drink?"

"I've already got my skates on."

"So?"

"Please?" JJ smiled.

Drake frowned. "Fine, what do you want?"

"Soda."

"What kind?"

"Any kind." JJ watched Drake head toward the counter where they sold the drinks at the ice rink. He stood up and slipped on the ice, making his way across it. "What are you doing here?"

Bikky jumped. "Did you have to scare the sh-"

"A-HEM!!" JJ cleared his throat.

"Did you have to scare me?" Bikky corrected testily.

"Yes, because you freaked me. What are you doing here?"

"Skating."

"Don't be facetious." JJ told him. "Didn't Ryo tell you he wanted you to avoid 3 rinks?"

"No."

"Brilliant. Well, you're supposed to. And this is one of them. You've got to leave."

"Is there a reason Ryo wanted me to avoid 3 specific rinks?"

"Yes, because they're the ice stalkers' rinks."

"Then isn't it too dangerous for me to leave all alone?" Bikky asked pointedly. JJ glared at him.


Ryo clung to the bar on the wall of the rink. He glanced around at the group on and off ice and sighed. Dee skated up to him. "I can see why JJ and Drake were having such trouble." He mentioned.

"No kidding." Ryo grimaced. "There's no way of telling if the attacker is here. All we can do is wait until it closes and see if anything happens."

"In that case you can let go of the wall and practice skating." Dee suggested cheerfully.
Ryo glared at him. "I think I'm taking Drake's standpoint and staying off the ice."

Dee rolled his eyes. "It isn't that hard."

"That's easy for you to say. You haven't fallen once."

"Just let go of the wall." Dee started pulling Ryo's hands away from the bar.
"Hey, Dee! Stop it." Ryo grabbed onto the wall.

"Just let go." Dee repeated, and after a short struggle managed to get him away from the wall.

"I'm going to FALL." Ryo complained.

"Here." Dee circled behind him and locked his arms around his waist.
"What are you doing?" Ryo asked.

"Making sure you don't fall." Dee whispered in his ear." Ryo blushed.

"Let go."

"Mmmm....no."

"Dee!"

"You can't learn to skate clinging to the wall."

"I won't cling to the wall, just let go."

"Do you promise to stop complaining if I do?"

"Yes."

"Okay." Dee released him, and gave him a small shove.

"HEY!" Ryo protested, stumbling forward and eventually falling. Dee pulled him to his feet, his arms locking around his waist again.

"Very impressive."

"Dee, you promised-"

"To let go. Not to stay off."

"That's cheating."

"You, on the other hand, promised to stop complaining if I let go. Which I did. So you can't complain."

"That is not fair."

"Skating lesson, c'mon." Dee started forward.

"Whoa, wait." Ryo found himself unconsciously clinging to the arms around his waist as they skated forward.

"See, you're better already." Dee mentioned a few minutes later.

"Can you let go, then?"

"What's you're problem?"

"People are staring."

Dee paused. Then he release Ryo, spun him around, and kissed him. "No, now they're staring." Dee replied, hurrying off.

Ryo blushed, and chased after him. "Dee Laytner-!"

"Ryo."

"If you ever do that again-!"

"Ryo!"

"What?!"

"You're skating."

Ryo paused long enough to realize that he and Dee were circling the rink while they argued. He glared at Dee's smug grin. "Don't change the subject." He told him.


Carol glanced around Ryo's apartment. "Bikky? Ryo? Anyone home?" With a shrug she dropped her jacket on the couch. The phone rang. Pausing a moment she picked it up. "Hello...Carol...Hi, JJ. No Ryo's not here, why?...Yah, I suppose I could try and find him...Is something wrong?........WHAT?!...Is he alright?!?"

Ryo and Dee entered the apartment at her last sentence. Exchanging a glance. "Carol?" Ryo took a step forward.

"They're here. We'll be there soon." Carol hung up the phone.

"Carol, what's wrong?" Ryo gently took ahold of the young girl's arms.

"Bikky's in the hospital."


"He's a little bruised up, and his arm is broken. Other than that he's fine. The Ice Stalker that came back after the victim is in worse shape. He's in room 10, with a couple of our people watching him." Drake told Ryo as they walked up the hallway. Carol was to Ryo's right, and Dee only a few steps behind.

JJ was standing outside the room, a small smile on his face when the group came up. "How is he?" Carol wanted to know.

"Awake, fine, and ready to get the hell out of here - in his own words. That could have something to do with the preteen girl who was the stalkers' next victim who's hero-worshipping him from the next hospital bed." JJ answered. Carol hadn't waited for him to finish, but was in the room, hugging her boyfriend.

"What happened?" Ryo wanted to know.

"We came out of the rink when the girl was getting attacked. Drake and I had to chase after them. There were three. We caught two, but on circled around to go back after the victim. Bikky had stayed with the girl waiting for the ambulance...he was too tough for the guy."

"He has a broken arm." Ryo pointed out.

"You should see the Ice Stalker." JJ replied. Ryo brushed past him into the room with Carol and Bikky. "You're welcome." He muttered.

"What was Bikky doing there?" Dee queried.

"Ice skating."

"Very funny." Dee followed Ryo into the room.

"I feel kind of sorry for the girl." JJ told Drake, watching the girl in the bunk next to the now surrounded Bikky. She sat looking between Carol and Bikky in a depressed manner.

"C'mon, let's go grab a bite to eat. We'll have tons of paperwork in the morning."

"Which I'm sure you'll apprecitate better than ice skating. Come to think of it, why am I the one who knows how to ice skate? I'm from LA, you're the one from New York."

"Just drop it. I don't want to hear the word ever again." Drake replied.

"What, ice skating?"

"Very funny."



"You sure you're okay?" Carol asked Bikky for the hundredth time. Ryo and Dee had gone to fill out the papers neccessary to take Bikky out of the hospital.

"I'm fine, Cal. Honest." Bikky told her.

"What were you doing there anyway?"

"Practicing."

"For what?"

"For your birthday."
"You know how to ice skate?" Carol blinked.

"Yes." Bikky replied.

"Oh...I didn't think you knew how...I was going to try to convince you to sign up for lessons." Carol told him.

"...lessons...you don't know how to ice skate?"

"No, why?"

"Nevermind." Bikky sighed.


Salmon 2001