Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Only Hope ❯ The News ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: The News
 
“Ah good I see you have awoken.” Dr. Madison said as he walked into the room. By now Ryo, Dee, and Bikky had released each other from the caring embrace and had wiped their faces just in time before the doctor had arrived. After all, they were men, and men are supposed to be tough and not show so much emotion, though in reality all three were total softies. In truth Dr. Madison had seen more than they knew. He went to tell Dee and Bikky that visiting time was over, but when he saw Dee and Bikky fast asleep at Ryo's side holding onto him for dear life he just didn't have the heart to tear all of them apart.
 
The doctor came over to Ryo and lifted the blanket to get a look at the bandaged wound.
 
“How are you feeling Detective Mclean?” He asked.
 
“Sore.” Ryo said kindly. “I keep having shooting pains in my leg where the perp got me.”
 
The doctor nodded as he put the blanket back down.
 
“Well that's expected and by all means a good thing.” He said. “If there wasn't any pain I'd be concerned. But if you're hurting, it means there is no possible paralysis in that leg. As I explained to your partner, your suspect knew the right place to stab, you were just very lucky. If he had cut any deeper, it could have been much worse.”
 
Ryo felt a dizzy spell come on and suddenly needed to lie back down. Dee noticed and immediately got nervous.
 
“Ryo? What is it?” He asked worriedly. Dr. Madison also looked over.
 
“Nothing.” Ryo said. “Just a little dizzy.”
 
Dr. Madison did a quick check.
 
“That's probably from the anesthesia.” He said. “It's a common side effect. It's important now you get your rest. Tomorrow we will have you start physical therapy. No doubt you are going to have some trouble maneuvering that leg for a little while. There was some nerve damage, but nothing too severe. We just want to get you moving as soon as possible.”
 
Bikky smiled.
 
“The sooner Ryo moves the sooner he can go home right!?” He asked happily.
 
“That's right.” Dr. Madison said with a smile.
 
“When can he go home?” Dee asked.
 
Dr. Madison looked over his papers and down at Ryo who looked like he was about to nod out any second.
 
“Probably by the beginning of next week, if all goes well with his initial recovery and physical therapy. When he does go home, he will still need plenty of rest and will have to continue his therapy in an outpatient facility. Unfortunately, as far as police work goes, I wouldn't recommend doing too much leg work for awhile.”
 
Ryo didn't respond as his eyelids began to droop.
 
“Get some rest Detective.” Dr. Madison said caringly. “You two also.” He said looking over at Bikky and Dee. “You both look like you need to crash. If you had school today young man I will be glad to get you note saying as to why you were absent. I think it's important all of you get a good meal and a nice long nap.”
 
Before Bikky could protest wanting to stay with Ryo Dee put a hand on his shoulder.
 
“Thanks Doctor.” He said. “We'll do that. And a note for Bikky will be great.”
 
“Good.” Dr. Madison responded. “If you both will follow me to the nurses station I will get you all set up for that.”
 
Dee nodded and then turned to a reluctant Bikky.
 
“Just one sec.” Dee said to the exiting doctor.
 
“Come kid, Ryo is going to be fine.” Dee said squeezing Bikky's shoulder. “Let's just let him sleep for now and go grab some z's ourselves and then we'll come back tonight for a quick visit and drop off some of Ryo's things.”
 
Bikky sighed.
 
“Okay Dee.” He said and walked over to Ryo and wrapped his arms around the sleeping detective. “See ya later tonight Ryo. Sleep well.” Bikky then went over by the door to wait for Dee.
 
The ebony haired detective approached his sleeping lover and brushed some hair out of his eyes. Then he leaned in and kissed Ryo tenderly on the mouth.
 
“Sweet dreams Ryo, we'll be back tonight. Remember I love you more than anything in the world.”
 
With another quick kiss on the lips and then another on Ryo's hand Dee finally followed Bikky out of the room, giving his lover one last glance as he finally shut the door behind them.