Fake Fan Fiction ❯ The Devil's Sweet Ride ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any characters from Supernatural or FAKE, but there are a couple of OCs that I do own. Their names are Nikki Hudspeth and Derek—for those of you who've read them, that would be the same Derek who made short appearances as Sam's Stanford roommate in Until The Last Rose Dies and for about two seconds in Mine Eyes Have Seen, and maybe one or two others.
 
Characters: Sam and Dean Winchester, Ryo MacLean, Dee Laytner, JJ Adams, Drake…hmm, does he have a last name? Maybe other cameos, and also a couple OCs.
 
Setting: Anytime after Fight or Flight?
 
Warnings: Shounen-ai (that means SLASH, AS IN BOY/BOY PAIRINGS. If you didn't know.) That's pretty much it, except for slight language.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------
 
Prologue
 
The hospital was quiet as a grave this late at night—visiting hours were over, and since obviously no major surgery would be performed and no diagnoses would be made in the middle of the night, most of the doctors had gone home. The only real sounds came from the nurses making their rounds.
 
The poor woman who got stuck on the night shift at the nurse's station was bored out of her mind. She'd flipped through every magazine she could get her hands on, but unfortunately there weren't many nearby. Not a single soul had come to ask her for help, and she was beginning to feel fairly useless.
 
But that didn't mean she actually wanted any patients to come in, and she certainly didn't expect it—this wasn't the emergency room and there was really no other reason for someone to come in at this hour.
 
So she was fairly shocked when a polite and faintly puzzled voice asked, “Excuse me, ma'am, could I bother you for a minute?”
 
The nurse glanced up in surprise to look at the young man standing in front of her, waiting patiently for an answer.
 
“Why…yes, dear, I suppose I can,” she said after a moment. She was the motherly kind of woman who called everyone “dear” without really noticing. “What can I do for you?”
 
He didn't answer—he just looked confused.
 
“Are you hurt?”
 
He shook his head hesitantly, as if he wasn't quite sure.
“Do you need directions?”
 
He hesitated, began to nod, and then shook his head. “Sort of. Maybe.”
 
“Okay…” the nurse said slowly, deciding to lead up to the question gradually. “Listen, why don't you tell me your name?”
 
The man was silent for a long time, speaking just as the nurse was about to get fed up and suggest that he go fool around with someone else.
 
“…I can't.” She narrowed her eyes suspiciously, and he went on. “Well, that's the trouble, you see. I can't seem to remember who I am.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
 
Author's Note: I know, I know, the notes are almost longer than the chapter. And the next chapter will be very short, too. I'm pretty much just airing the idea. But then they'll get longer—I have a very hard time writing short chapters…you guys know that about me…