Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ 02: The Digi-Ranger Task Force ❯ Troubles Begin ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I only own the plot and the few characters later on that I created; the other various characters belong to their various owners.

Author’s Note: I’d like to give credit to Psycho G, Gallantmon of the Hazard (glad you don’t mine that I borrowed your warnings paragraph below), and a few others for inspiring me. This story will have one main crossover or really a fusion of elements from one main series and that’s Power Rangers. Primarily it will use elements from Power Rangers: SPD specifically but it will probably use some from other seasons as well. I might also use a few elements from other sources such as the many Capcom fighting games primarily Street Fighter and Darkstalkers, King of Fighters, Naruto, Shaman King, Winx Club, and possibly more. It’s set 12 years after the battle against MaloMyotismon. I will primarily use the Digidestined dub names for this story. This will have Daikari, Daisuke/Catherine, Kenyako, a sorta Rukato, and other couples as I decide and add them. Warning: This story is rated X because it will have violence, ranging from mild to intense, blood, gore, death, mild to explicit bad language, mild to explicit suggestive themes, and finally X-rated lemon scenes, lime scenes, nudity, and other adult situations/themes!


02: The Digi-Ranger Task Force

Some ages:
Daisuke, Takeru, Hikari, Willis: 24
Miyako: 25
Cody: 21
Koushiro, Mimi: 26
Taichi, Sora, Yamato: 27
Jyou, Jun: 28

Chapter 01: Troubles Begin


It has been twelve years since the battle against MaloMyotismon and much has changed. Two years after that battle both the real and digital worlds merged into one. This new world was a veritable melting pot of real and digital life. It was now common to see digimon walking the street at all times of day, but for those that were partnered with digimon another side effect took place. Those who were digidestied across the world also merged into one with there digimon. This mergence endowed many with extraordinary powers and in some cause a physical change as well. Most of these new ‘humons’ and the other newly arrived digimon wanted nothing more than to live peacefully with the rest of the world, but for the rest there is DRTF, the Digi-Ranger Task Force . . . .

~*~

“Do you see him?” asked a lilac-haired Yolei as she looked about the abandoned car factory, she and her team were staking out.

“No sight of him,” replied a focused Cody.

“Are we sure he came in here?” asked a still strawberry-blond Mimi in a bit of an annoyed tone as the trio cautiously made their way across the factory.

The group was dressed in the standard civilian uniform of the DRTF: black boots, gray pants, and a gray long-sleeved shirt that had the sleeves in their individual ranger colors. Yolei’s sleeves were purple, Cody’s were brown, and Mimi’s were pink. Also on the left side of the front of their shirt was a metal badge with crystals shaped like their crests embedded in them. The three also had their digi-batons1 out and at the ready for battle. Yolei with hers already switched to its blaster mode

“I’m positive,” Cody answered firmly with a nod.

At that moment they heard a noise to the side of them. As one they turned and Yolei fired a laser blast in front of the humon’s path, bringing him to a skidding stop. This humon looked like a robotic type as its whole body was made of this strange maroon metal.

“Freeze, DRTF! You’re under arrest!” the trio yelled.

“Never!” the criminal growled as he knocked a stack of nearby crates at them.

The trio scattered apart as they tried to roll out the way but one of the crates hit yolei knock where weapon from her hands. Cody was the first to counterattack as he came out of his roll into a jump and fell with a dropkick that knocked the mechanical thug back a few feet. Cody then swept the humon off his feet with his baton as he landed only to get kicked backward as the criminal fell. Getting back up the mechanical brute was met with a few well-executed baton blows from Mimi before she was knocked back by stiff a backhand. The criminal then tried to make his escape again.

“Oh, no you don’t!” Yolei screamed as she glowed slightly purple and unleashed a strong gust of wing at him that knocked several large objects at him and slowing his movement.

“Why don’t I call in a little help,” Mimi stated as a pink circle appeared around her feet before a matching circle appear a few feet in front of her. “Summoning: Renamon!”

A kneeling, red furred Renemon phased inside the circle and then leapt to attack the criminal.

“Power Paw!” the Renamon yelled as it struck with one of its paws before leaping backwards with a flip and crossing its arms. “Shower of Diamonds!” it yelled as it fired its version of Diamond Storm at the humon, knocked it down.

Sensing an opening, Cody drew a silver disc the size and shape of a music cd about of a case at his side and tossed it. “Containment disc, download!” He yelled as the disc spun until it was above the criminal, once there it emitted this light over the humon and it seemed to suck the criminal into the disc. The disc then stopped spinning and fell to the ground. Finally, Cody walked over and picked the disc up; in its reflective surface one could see the reflection of the criminal in it. “Mission accomplished.”

“Good,” Mimi smiled before turning to the digimon she summoned, “Thank you, you’re free to go.”

The Renamon gave a respectful nod before fading away.

“Yeah, let’s get back to base,” Yolei added as she grabbed her fallen weapon and after switching it back it normal baton mode, secured it back to her side.

“Yeah, come on,” Cody agreed as he lead them out of the factory to their jeep and after they were all buckled in, sped them off.

~*~

After locking their criminal away with the other containment discs at the base, Cody, Yolei, and Mimi made their way down a set of halls to the Command Room for debriefing and possible new orders. Soon they made it to a large high tech door that had four yard long sensor pad that seem to be made of a black marble-like material.

As soon as they stepped on the pad, it glowed white and a mechanical voice was heard, “Identities confirmed, Rangers Hida, Inoue, and Tachikawa enter.”

They continued on as the door slid open. Inside the Command Room there were several workers working diligently at computer stations all around. In the center was a set of four computer stations set up in a + pattern. This was the Central Hub, where the four top computer skilled Digidestined kept alert of everything. In the four seats in front of computers were Ken, Willis, Izzy and the forth, Yolei was empty four obvious reasons. The three only looked up briefly to acknowledge the returning trio before returning to their work, Ken’s eyes lingering a little longer on his love Yolei. Each of the three were dressed in standard uniform with a badge of their crest and black, bronze, and maroon colored sleeves respectively.

“Ah, Mimi, Cody, Yolei, you’re back. How did it go?” Gennai asked as he approached from off to the side.

Gennai hadn’t changed much. He was still in his younger form but aged twelve years.

“Perfecto!” Yolei answered with a smile as she and her friends stopped before Gennai.

“Good, I think you three can take the rest of the day . . ,” Gennai began before being cut off by blaring alarms and flashing red lights.

“Might want to hold that order Gennai, our sensors have just picked up a large group of energy signatures,” Willis exclaimed from his station.

“On screen,” Gennai ordered as he turned to the far wall behind him that seemed to be nothing put one huge plasma screen.

On the screen appeared scene a two dozen robotic skeletons and five other robotic beings that look very much like the first only with a metal skin covering them and one arm having a laser cannon connect to where thee lower arm should have been. They were attacking a construction site. Thankfully it appeared no one was working at the moment.

“Dronemon and Droidmon!” Gennai gasped in shock referring to the skeleton robots and their better armed companions. ‘If they’re here than that can only mean that our true enemy has finally decided to take his journey of conquest here. I only hope they are ready. I hope he gets here in time when Willis sends him warning of our enemies arrival.’

“Damn, what are they doing here?” Willis cursed in worry, his sentiments echoed by his other three companions.

By this time the rest of the rangers had made it to the Command Room.

“What’s going on, Gennai?” Tai asked in his orange sleeved uniform.

“Are those Dronemon and Droidmon?!” Matt asked in surprised in his blue sleeved uniform, recognizing the machines from his brief mission with the DRTF Supreme Commander. In fact all three at the computer technicians at the Central Hub recognized them for the same reasons. Each had been on a mission with their commander.

The DRTF Supreme Commander was a fairly unknown ranger that was legend around the base. Few knew who he was and fewer still had ever seen him unmorphed. Most of the Odaiba Digidestined hadn’t every met him in person at all as by the time they joined he had left on a years long mission of great importance. He’d report in every once in a while to keep Gennai posted but that was about it.

“What are Dronemon and Droidmon?” Kari asked in her white sleeved uniform as she and all her friends looked at the screen.

“There’s no time, all you need to know for now is that they are mindless, soulless machines of destruction. The rest you’ll learn later,” Gennai said as he turned to the group. “Tai, you, Matt, Sora, Tk, and Kari go and take care of them. The rest of you will stay her in case they need back up.”

“Yes, sir!” they agree with a salute.

“Good, wait,” Gennai thought a moment before continuing, “Willis, go with them too, you’re in charge.”

Willis nodded silently as he rose but not before pressing a few keys on his computer. It was a command code that would send a message to their Supreme Commander. An order Willis was given to do by the Supreme Commander himself should a situation like this every happened. He had been there when DRTF was first began was the second longest running ranger only the Commander and also had the most battle experience against the mechanizations they would be facing.

“Ready team?” Willis asked before pressing his crest badge with his right hand and shouting, “Destiny Ranger Power!” After he said this there was a bright bronze glow around him and when it died down he was suited in a metallic, bronze colored leather suit that had the whole left sleeve and left side of the chest of the suit in black. His crest badge was still in place there as well. Also it had matching bronze boots and white gloves. Lastly, on his head was a helmet with a smaller version of his crest badge on the forehead of it.2

“. . . Ranger Power!” the rest of the five going with Willis yelled with there appropriate crests as they were suited in similarly styled suits as Willis only in different colors. Tai’s suit was orange, Sora’s red, Matt’s blue, Tk’s yellow, and Kari’s white.

The team then nodded and Yolei, now seated at her hub station, typed in the coordinates and teleported them off.


1.
The digi-batons look like high-tech tonfas or one type of police nightstick (do an image search for tonfa to see what they look like). I think most would agree that they could easily be turned into a blaster as well.

2.
Their suits look sorta like the power suits on Power Ranger:SPD only without the numbers and made or leather instead of spandex.



Next time in 02: Digi-Ranger Task Force: Return of the Supreme Commander: The six rangers arrive at the coordinates and start immediately taking down the Dronemon and Droidmon. Soon though they find out it was a trap as a new player enters the game and does a spell blocking teleportation in and out. Will our rangers survive the attack? Find out next time.


Well this is my newest Digimon idea. I’ve seen a few Digimon/Power Rangers fusion stories in the past and have always thought of doing one. I finally got an idea from this season, Power Rangers: SPD. This will also be a partial Tamers crossover but well not in the way most writers have them. This is a Davis-centric story even if it doesn’t seem like it yet. You’ll understand in the next chapter. Also if anyone is wondering about the descriptions of characters now or of their personal powers resulting from their merge with their Digimon, some better, more in-depth description of some Digidestined will happen next chapter. Anyway, tell me what you think. I’m not too sure about this chapter, I have this great vision in my head but I’m not sure I’m getting it across like I wanted. Oh, well I might come back and revise this later. Read and Review. Peace.


My created Digimon:

Dronemon
Type:
Android
Attribute: Virus
Level: Champion
Attacks: Drone Lasers, Drone Beams, Drone Missile

Droidmon
Type:
Android
Attribute: Virus
Level: Ultimate
Attacks: Droid Lasers, Droid High Beams, Droid Blaster, Droid Missile