Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Left Behind ❯ Searching for a God ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Gotta stop thinking about my games…after playing Final Fantasies VII through X-2 for a few hours and then Kingdom Hearts for a while. This isn't so much angsty as it is introspective. shoujo-ai/shounen-ai warnings.

~* Left Behind *~

Where are you?

I've been searching so long for you. You certainly didn't die when we tried to kill you…you don't like to stay dead, do you, Sephiroth? Man, I've lost track of time completely. Cid was generous enough to let me use one of his new airships to help me out.

Vincent's gone, as well. He wanted to make sure the rest of us got away alive…he went back to find you. Saying that he wouldn't fail you yet again. …We had to leave the both of you for dead. It was the hardest decision I've ever had to make.

You probably wouldn't recognize me now. I've become less emotional, less "cute" as you called me once upon a time. I have a wing, on my right side. It's a demon's wing…I can't help but notice the complete difference from yours. You had a downy soft angel's wing on your left side. The fact that it's opposite yours…could that mean something? A tangible version of the "string around your finger" tale? That I'm your other half…literally? It's those hopes that keep me from giving up on everything completely.

~*~

I met a kid. Tempted to say "brat". …I wonder if Yuffie's met him. And if so, that Leon fellow she's decided to hound is in for a hell of a ride. He's looking for someone, too. I think we've all lost someone. But you weren't just "someone"…you were a god. And you've already shown us your resilience after coming back from the dead twice already. I know I'll find you.

Kid's coming back. I think he thinks I'm looking for Aeris. …I'm sorry, she was reborn as Aerith. Don't understand why, but I didn't get a lot to begin with.

I'm staying here in the Coliseum, praying that you'll turn up. Always were the violent type, so there's a chance that you'll turn up eventually. I've heard that there's a special match reserved for those who can complete the tournament in its entirety. They say he's "undefeatable". I'm waiting for you to come and knock this guy off his pedestal. …But if I beat him first, maybe you'll see me on the roster. It's worth a shot.

Leon has entered as well. After a short discussion, we've decided to enter as a duo. I ask how Aerith is holding up. Apparently, she's not too well, she misses someone immensely. I know who, but I'm sworn to secrecy.

~*~

I saw that kid, Sora, again. He told me he beat the "Platinum Match" opponent. I sat down and told him to continue. He said,

"A really tall guy. He was really intimidating, and that was just from looking in his eyes. They were a really peircing shade of green…and they glowed. He had long silver hair. And a wing. Just one. On his right side…but it had black feathers. …It looked like yours, but not with scales. He was really fast- faster than I thought was possible."

"Godlike?" I grin.

He nodded enthusiastically. "How'd you know? Have you fought him before?"

"You have no idea…"

So, you beat me to the punch. At least I finally found you.

If you can still remember me…

~*~