Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hachi Hooseki (Eight gems) ❯ Pai's free ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha demo I do own everything else in this story that isn't Inuyasha

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

"Who are you?" the youkai asked.

His voice was monotone and made Pai tense up.

"Pai, daughter of Keiko the okami youkai and Taki the okami youkai," Pai said confidently, almost challenging him.

"How old are you?" he asked.

"70," she said.

"Much too young to fight," he said and slashed her chains; he scratched her a bit getting some blood on his claws. She was surprised to see them fall. "Find me when you're more experience."

Pai stared at him as he left grabbing Toki's arm as he did.

He looked like Inuyasha a bit.

"Do you know Inuyasha?" she asked.

"He's a hanyou," he said.

"You look like him a bit," Pai said.

"He is Sesshoumaru-sama half brother," the toad youkai said earning a glare from Sesshoumaru.

"You must travel with him and those humans," he said.

"How did you know?" she asked.

"Their scent is on you," he said. "Especially the hanyou."

"Don't call him that!" Pai shouted.

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow slightly in shock. "You have feelings for him," he said.

Pai blushed a bit.

"He is in love with that human," Sesshoumaru said.

"He's not in love with Sango or Miroku," Pai said.

"The other one, Kikyo's reincarnation," Sesshoumaru said. "You do know who Kikyo is, ne?"

"Hai," Pai said. "My okaasan told me she was the only human who managed to cut my otousan."

"That is who Inuyasha loves," Sesshoumaru said. "I can smell her scent from here."

"You're wrong," Pai said standing up and began to walk out. She stopped and looked ahead. "Even if he hasn't said it, he loves me and I will defend him as long as I draw breath."

She left leaving Sesshoumaru and the toad youkai and began to look for Inuyasha.

`His scent is faint but I can still smell it,' she thought as she jumped from branch to branch.

"Jaken," Sesshoumaru said watching her.

"Hai my lord?" Jaken asked.

"Delay her," Sesshoumaru said.

"Why my lord?" Jaken asked.

"Don't question me," Sesshoumaru said and began towards Mermaid lagoon.

Jaken hurried to the village and started a fire then hurried to find Pai.

She was sitting on a branch where Inuyasha once sat or stood.

"Lady Pai! Lady Pai!" Jaken shouted.

"What is it?" Pai asked.

"Seles is on fire!" Jaken shouted.

"Shittama!" Pai shouted and hurried to Seles.

When she reached it the fire was out of control and spreading.

"Soil Tornado!" she shouted and dirt went flying on the flames smothering them.

`Four houses down,' Pai thought and looked around. ' Over 30 more to go.'

Meanwhile…

Inuyasha was tangled in a Squid's tentacles.

It squirted ink on him and he began slashing through the tentacles.

Sango threw her boomerang slashing while Miroku blocked them from Kagome and Shippou.

"Ice Shards!" Inuyasha shouted sending ice shards piercing through the squid's body until it fell dead.

"How did he do that?" Kagome asked.

"When he got the ice gem," Sango said.

"What's that?" Kagome asked and Myouga explained everything to her.

"So where's this Pai girl?" Kagome asked.

"She was captured by a kitsune youkai who had the fire gem, he's probably mated with her by now," Myouga said.

"You told me it wouldn't be for another week!" Inuyasha shouted.

"If she doesn't tempt him," Myouga said.

"How can she tempt him chained up?" Sango asked.

"If she back talks or does anything is seen tempting to any youkai at this time of year," Myouga said.

Inuyasha began to swim faster until he reached the water gem and gripped it.

He screamed in pain as it settled in his wrist completely seeable.

"Call for something to take us up," Myouga said.

Inuyasha nodded and the gem glowed.

Three dolphins swam up, Kagome and Shippou got on one, Sango and Miroku, and Myouga and Inuyasha on the third.

When they reached the surface they saw Sesshoumaru standing waiting for them.

"What do you want?" Inuyasha asked bitterly and saw his red claws; he could smell Pai's blood on them. "You've been around Pai. Where is she?! What did you do to her?!"

"She's mine now," Sesshoumaru said. "She didn't want a hanyou."

"What?" Inuyasha asked with his ears drooping.

"You heard me right," Sesshoumaru said. "She's mine now."

"But you couldn't have beaten Toki," Sango said. "He had the fire gem."

`Fire gem?' Kagome thought. `What's that?'

"He was an easy kill. And you mean this little thing?" Sesshoumaru asked holding up the fire gem.

"He got it!" Sango shouted.

"Doesn't matter!" Inuyasha shouted.

He charged up to his brother and tried to slash through him.

"Pathetic," he said looking at Inuyasha fall to the ground.

Inuyasha got back up and tried to punch his brother but Sesshoumaru dodged and grabbed him by the neck.

"Why do you care about her?" he asked. "Kagome is here, why don't you go mate with that biachi?"

Inuyasha got out his grip and sniffed the air Pai was near.

Sesshoumaru sent an attack at Kagome and Inuyasha rushed to save her. He fell on top of her and kissed her.

He stared wide-eyed as Kagome deepened the kiss then began to deepen it himself.

Then he heard a whimper and looked up.

Pai was standing right behind him; a hurt expression passed her eyes quickly.

She blinked away a tear then laughed.

They looked at her confused.

"You must be Kagome, Kikyo's reincarnation, ne?" she asked and Kagome nodded.

"Pai I," Inuyasha began.

"Let's just go find the gems so we can part ways," Pai said. "The sooner this is over, the better."

Her voice was so cold that even Sesshoumaru feared her a bit.

"Give me the fire gem," she demanded.

Sesshoumaru gave it to her.

She walked over to Inuyasha and snatched the water gem from his wrist then gave him the fire gem.

"Ikidemasu," she ordered.

Inuyasha got up and absorbed it while Pai went behind a tree and absorbs hers.

When she came from around her eyes were sea green and the rose in her hair bloomed a bit.

Inuyasha's amber eyes burn with a flame in the pupils.

They walked away while Sesshoumaru went the other way.

Inuyasha walked up closer to Pai and sniffed her silently.

`Good,' he thought. `She's still hasn't mated.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Love it? Like it? Hate it? Loathe it?

Let me know!

Review!