Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Other Side ❯ A job to do ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Disclaimer: The only things I own are a few measly bucks and Jake. I don't even own my socks; my dog does…
 
 
 
Kagome's Other Side
 
 
 
Chapter One:: A job to do
 
 
 
 
Kagome sat on her bed, thinking about the strenuous math homework she had ahead of her. She sighed, and dropped her head down, crashing it on the softness of her bed.
 
 
`BOINK!' Kagome sat up, rubbing her sore head, which had unfortunately dropped onto the spine of her tremendous math book. Well, it was supposed to be the softness of her bed anyway. She glared at the offending book, and swung her feet off the bed. She was about to go and let her mother know that she was back; she snuck in through the window, as Inuyasha did many times before. Without the jumping two stories though, she used the tree that was conveniently placed next to the house.
 
 
Before she made it to her door though, she felt something vibrate against her hip. Frowning, she reached down and flipped open her sleek, black cell phone from hell. It only meant one thing, and that was she had to do some work.
 
“Yes Anderson…ummm, Jake-san?” She shook her head since he couldn't see her. He insisted on her using his given name, something she thought was a silly foreign thing. Weird American customs that he insisted on using. She'd rather not, but under the circumstances she thought it'd be best to go along with him.
 
“There is something that I need your help with. Meet me in the office please, thanks.” He hung up without a dismissal, something that bugged her to no end. Oh well, now that there was no need to tell her mom that she was leaving again, especially since she couldn't tell her where she was going anyway. Top secret and all that. Humph…she wished. Wasn't it every kid's dream to be a super secret agent? It's just that she didn't want them to treat her any different, and she still didn't know how everything had happened; her powers were way out of control sometimes.
 
 
 
`Enough of that. I'd better get going…whoops, gotta change first. They don't like the school uniform for work…very unprofessional.' As if she really cared or not…but as she said before, better to go along with them.
 
 
Changed into jeans and a t-shirt, she closed her eyes and concentrated. Picturing herself in the office, she felt the strangeness of her abilities take place. She opened her eyes again to find herself on a desk, looking at a befuddled and slightly exasperated Jake. He raised an eyebrow, and shook his head. She sheepishly grinned, and scrambled off his desk.
 
“So, what am I doing?” She asked, trying to get his mind off the embarrassing recent encounter. He laughed outright, seeing through her plan, hey, she'd never said she was good at subtleness. He handed her a paper, explaining as she read it.
 
“There has been a series of what seems to be terrorist meetings, as large groups of strange people are gathering together, and have been reported as extremely violent at times, and often heard to be speaking of some sort of kingdom they wish to raise. The leader is here today, we told him we merely wished to ask him some questions, but really, I want you to be there in case of any trouble. He especially has been known for being an excellent fighter, and is very fast. He was reluctant in coming, but now that we've got him here, we're probably going to arrest him.” Kagome looked at him, eyebrow cocked in fair imitation of him earlier. He shrugged, and stood up from his chair.
 
 
“Let's go down to see him.” Kagome and Jake got half way there when she felt a pull on her senses. She could tell her friends were distressed somehow, and knew she had to go to them immediately.
 
 
“Jake-san, I have to go! My friends are in danger. I'll be back later, alright? I'm sorry, but my friends are first and foremost, you understand.” With that, she disappeared from sight, and went straight to the bone eaters well five hundred years in the past. Praying that she wasn't too late.
 
 
The sight that greeted her didn't comfort her at all. She couldn't see her friends, but heard yelling in the distance. She started off towards it, when she noticed an orange blur coming at her. She was ready for an attack, when she probed the blur with her mind.
 
“MOMMA!!!” Shippo came flying into her last minute open arms, almost sending her tumbling to the ground.
 
“Shippo, where is everyone? Are you ok?” He looked at her with his teary green eyes, and took a deep breath.
 
`Oh no, he took a deep breath!!! Get ready Kagome, get ready!' He opened his mouth to let out a jumbled stream of words, rushing like they've been held in that dark prison for years.
 
“NarakucameandattackedusandSesshomaruishereandinuyashaishur tandkaguraisattackingsangoandmirokuandtheresalotofyoukaiandandand… 221; he ran out of breath, panting to grab it back before it got too far. Kagome was thinking furiously, trying to decipher what he said.
 
`Ok, I know he said something about Naraku, which means I have to get going!!'
 
“Shippo, can you lead me to where they are?” He nodded and took off running, pulling her hand at the same time. Soon enough they came to a clearing where sure enough, Naraku was fighting. This was the real Naraku though, Kagome could tell from the shards, and found that his mind was different, more real. Her psychic powers were powerful; she just needed to learn to control them better.
 
She stopped abruptly, seeing Sesshomaru there as well. She frowned, but didn't think too much on it at the moment. She let go of Shippo's hand, but grabbed him and pulled him close to her face.
 
“Shippo, I want you to go down to the village, and protect them, alright? We need someone to do that so we have somewhere to go back to. Now go!” With that, she shoved him towards the village, and turned around to face the fight in front of her.
 
Miroku looked as if he was in trouble. Naraku's poison insects were there, effectively stopping Miroku from using his wind tunnel. She rushed down to help him, sending out a wave of purifying power, something she just recently realized she could do. The insects that got caught in the wave disintegrated, as did the youkai that were too slow to move. Miroku looked at her in gratitude and amazement, before turning back to the ones who didn't die yet. He used his staff to beat back the demons, and Kagome fought them by punching and kicking, sending her purifying power to her attacking appendages.
 
Kagome looked to see how the others were doing, and realized that Sango was being beat back by Kagura. Kirara snarled, already viciously hurt by Kagura's Wind Dance. Kagome looked at Miroku and saw that he could handle himself for a bit. Running over to Sango's side, Kagome sent a purifying barrier to ward away Kagura's attacks. Kagura whipped around, startled at the new oppression she had, and stared at the sight of Kagome speeding towards her. Sango was surprised as well, and the Hirakatsou hung ready in her hands, but forgotten.
 
Kagome gave a quick grin, getting distracted by a sudden, louder then normal shout coming from Inuyasha. She turned towards him, not ready for the sight of one of Naraku's tentacles going through Inuyasha's chest. Luckily it looked as if it went in on the left side, not down the middle, where his heart lay.
 
Kagome fell to her knees abruptly, feeling a searing pain run through her right arm. She looked at it and saw that it had gotten in the say of one of Kagura's attacks.
 
`Damn it. Now I'll have to do everything left handed. I'll get her for that!' Kagome stood, her wounded arm held protectively close to her chest. She glared at Kagura, wishing that looks really could kill. Well, maybe not. Otherwise her brother and Inuyasha and definitely Miroku would be dead by now…several times over. Naraku would be too, now that she thought about it. Hmm, maybe a few sacrifices wouldn't be so bad if it helped the greater good. She shook her head mentally, and got back on track. Kagura…what was she going to do to her again? Oh yeah…kill her for breaking her freaking arm!!!
 
She resumed her glaring, which had apparently slackened off as she was thinking, and stalked towards Kagura. Kagura flinched, suddenly worried about the young miko who was currently making her way to her, a homicidal look in her eyes. Kagura was all of a sudden very glad that looks couldn't kill people…
 
“You. Hurt. My. Arm. You're going to pay for that, wind sorceress.” Kagura gulped, and stepped backwards, away from the furious miko. She knew she should have stayed at the castle today, but nooo…Naraku had her heart, so she just <i>had</i> to come along. Screw him; she wasn't going to get killed just so he could have his fun. She was outta there.
 
Kagura snapped her fan closed, and brushed her hand past her hair. Oops, damn it! Stupid feather never came out when she wanted it to. She tried again, this time managing to secure it in her hand. Throwing in front of her, she jumped into the transformed feather, gliding on the wind away from the danger. Just for good measure, since she figured Naraku was busy and wouldn't notice, she swept her Wind Blades across the youkai army, wiping out a little more then half of them. Kagome looked confused for a second, before brushing it off. Oh well, she took care of that danger for the others.
 
Naraku glanced up towards Kagura, making a quick mental note to punish her for that. Now, though, he had a pair of silver-haired brothers to kill. One who should already be dead, but wasn't. Oh well, that was easily remedied. Just try again! Naraku just had to remember his lessons: to keep his maniacal `kukuku' going at random times when he thought he was winning, and to keep shooting tentacles at them until they died. That, and the fact that he was worth something, damn it! He was, and no matter what anyone said, he was loved, even if only by himself. He shook his head; damn those self help books. They can never go without brainwashing the poor soul who is unfortunate enough to be suckered into buying them.
 
Sesshomaru rushed at him, Toukijin held in front of him in a deadly position. He sliced off a few of the tentacles in his way, before attempting to run the sword through Naraku's head. Naraku batted him away at the last minute, sending Sesshomaru through the air, until he flipped around and landed on his feet, like cats are always supposed to do. Wait, he was a dog. Why is he…oh never mind.
 
Kagome moved to Inuyasha, intent on helping him the best she could. She got to his side just as he pulled himself up using the transformed blade of Tetsusaiga. She frowned, and pushed him back down, sending him yelping as he crashed back down to earth.
 
“Oww, bitch!! What was that for?! Don't you see Naraku right there? Or are you that stupid you don't understand that I need to KILL him!!??” Kagome growled, quite an intimidating site to Inuyasha, who was a dog, and even Sesshomaru flinched, wondering what the mutt did to make her mad. God knows he wouldn't want to make her directly mad at him.
 
“Shut up!! You have a hole in your chest and you think you're going to kill Naraku like that? Are you nuts?? And why are we talking in questions??? You'd better stay down there before I sit you even with those injuries and in front of Naraku and Sesshomaru no less!!!!” Naraku sniffed, sad that they were sitting there yelling at each other about how he was going to be killed. He WAS worth something damn it!!! Wait, it was time for his maniacal laughter; it hadn't been done in a while. He didn't feel like it though…oh well; maybe it'd make him feel better.
 
“Kukuku…you seem to down for the time Inuyasha. Perhaps I should finish you off permanently.” Kagome's spine stiffened and she turned around slowly to face Naraku. Sesshomaru shook his head sadly…Naraku shouldn't have said that. Said sad offender gulped, wanting to eat his words at the moment.
 
“What did you just say?” she got closer to him, and could practically smell the sweat running down his body. Funny, she'd never seen Inuyasha or Shippo sweat, except when it came to FEAR!!!
 
“Ummm, I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't say anything…it was him!!” Naraku frantically pointed to Sesshomaru, who in return glared at Naraku.
 
“This Sesshomaru said nothing of the sort. It was you.” Kagome gathered her powers subtlety as to not frighten off her prey right away. She shook her head at her enemies' childish antics. Seriously, they acted like they were three again. Once she got close enough, Naraku sent a wave of demons towards her, hoping to keep her at bay. She released another wave of energy, and demolished them all.
 
She gathered up the rest of her full powers, and ran towards Naraku. He turned and ran away, wishing that Kagura was here, instead of ditching him. She at least could give him a ride. Kagome got within range of Naraku and set loose her power. He screamed girly, while the purifying power ate away at his physical body, disintegrating it. Losing his strength, his soul flees, looking for a host body to gain power from. Unfortunately, the closest available source that he could reach before completely dying was a mosquito. A stupid bug is what he was forced into. She would pay for this, all the humiliation he suffered by her hands would be repaid in full. Somehow… he still had to remind himself, that yes! He was worth it!!
 
Kagome looked at the shards that had tumbled to the ground, and picked them up wearily, instantly purifying them…even though it took longer then normal, due to the evilness of Naraku. Placing them in her pocket, she whirled around slowly, looking at everyone dizzily. Vaguely, before she passed out, she realized that Shippo was there.
 
`Just like kids these days, doing the opposite of what their told.'
 
 
 
Sanguinea:: Well, I hope you like it so far, the change anyway. I'm still trying to add the random humor in there, and am trying to speed it up a bit without losing the story. Let me know how I'm doing!!