Fan Fiction / Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Castlevania : Duet of Magic Knight and Half-Vampire ❯ The Rondo of Blood Ended... and Continued ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CASTLEVANIA : DUET OF MAGIC KNIGHT AND HALF-VAMPIRE
Crossover between : Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and Magic Knight Rayearth
Created by : Neo Juste Belmont

Disclaimer : Castlevania belongs to Konami (specifically Igarashi "IGA" Koji), and Magic Knight Rayearth belongs to CLAMP.

Prologue/Chapter 1 : The Rondo of Blood Ended and Continued…

Ever since the beginning of the 11th century, the world and the human race has been threatened with an evil man who was known as Count Dracula, King of The Night. Even though he was defeated with the forces of good, every 100 years, he would return and terrorize the human race once more… However, whenever Dracula rose from the dead, there's always a force ready to put him to rest once more. That force was… the Belmont clan. The Belmont clan has a long history of fighting Dracula whenever he rose. Armed with the mystic whip Vampire Killer, they always succeeded in thwarting Dracula's plans…

==Year 1792, Transylvania, the place where Dracula resided whenever he rose up…==

With the help of the Dark Priest, Shaft, Dracula once again returned into the human world. He then devised a plan to exact his revenge against the Belmont clan… by enraging them and blinding their justice seeking nature with rage. His forces started ravaging the village of Warakiya, the village where the latest member of the Belmont clan, Richter Belmont, lived. Not only that, under his command, the undead and dark forces also kidnapped a lot of women there. Two of them happened to be Richter's fiancée, Annette Renard, and her little sister, Maria Renard. Burdened with his destiny as a Vampire Hunter, Richter took the Vampire Killer whip and set off to Dracula's castle, Castlevania. After a long quest, Richter rescued the women and vanquished Shaft. And finally, he arrived to the last stairway… the stairway leading to Dracula himself ! Richter braved himself and entered the chamber, face to face with the dark lord himself…

"Die, monster. You don't belong in this world !" Richter shouted, pointing his finger in anger towards Dracula. However, Dracula shrugged off and replied, "It was not by my hand that I was once again given flesh. I was merely called by… humans… who wish to pay me tribute.". Richter was even angrier. 'Dracula referred those kidnapping, slaughter and ravaging… as a tribute !?' He growled and said, "Tribute !? You steal men's soul and make them your slaves !". Dracula took a sip from a glass of blood on his hand, and said once more, "Perhaps the same can be said of all religions.". 'And now, he's mocking God !?', Richter thought. He then gave another scowl, "Your words are as empty as your soul. Mankind ill needs a savior such as you !". "What is a man ? A miserable pile of secrets !", those were Dracula's last words, before he threw his glass away, which could only mean one thing. He stood up and said, "But enough talk ! Have at you !!"

Suddenly Dracula vanished in a pillar of light and reappeared behind Richter. With a laugh, he opened his cape, and summoned three fireballs. However, in one back flip, Richter jumped over them. Brandishing his whip, Richter lashed Dracula's ribs, but it didn't produce any effects. Dracula once again vanished in a pillar of light. 'Wait a minute. According to my family's history… Dracula has a weak spot… What was it…', Richter thought as Dracula reappeared and fired another triple fireball, and vanished again. '…Oh, yes, the head !' The next time Dracula reappeared, Richter leapt and threw one of his family's mystic weapon, the cross boomerang. It hit Dracula's head and caused pain to him. Richter followed with a whip on his head, before Dracula vanished again. When he reappeared, he shouted, "I still have another trick up to my sleeve !!". And with that, he opened his cape… and summoned two dark small meteors. However, Richter ducked and jumped, dodging them all. He dashed in an incredible speed on the air, swinging his whip and tackling Dracula on his head. Dracula was down to his knees, but he quickly got up and spread his hands.

The room started to blur, and when Richter came back to his senses, he was no longer in the throne chamber. He was in a black dimension. Dracula was nowhere to be seen. Instead, he was confronted with a huge demonic gargoyle… It was Dracula's other form, more powerful than before… He made a leap trying to stomp on Richter, but Richter dodged it. Richter dropped another weapon while he dodged, the holy water vial. To his surprise, even though it hit Dracula's feet, Dracula still felt a pain. 'Great. Now his weakness is no longer on his head !', Richter thought as he dashed to the dark lord and proceeded to whip his massive feet. Suddenly, Dracula breathed a massive fireball to Richter. It just hit him a little, but Richter could feel an enormous pain. He gave a hard thought, 'Even though it just hit me a little, it's this powerful… I must make it quick…' Dracula made another leap to stomp Richter. However, Richter has been anticipating that. He leapt to the sky, unleashing his power, as a white pillar surrounded him…

"HOLY CROSS !!!"

With that, Richter summoned a huge cross with Jesus Christ crucified on it. Then, more crosses started to rose from the ground and flew upwards in a circling track. Dracula received a full blow from that attack. He couldn't withstand it. His body started to burn, as he grow weaker and weaker. He let out a defeated cry…

"No… It cannot be !! AAAAAAHHH !!!"

==Transylvania, 1796==

It was Richter Belmont, the legendary vampire hunter, who succeeded in finally ending the menace of Count Dracula, Lord of the Vampires who was brought back from the grave by the Dark Priest Shaft. However…

Four years later after that fateful day, Richter vanished without a trace in one night. Without any clue to look for him, the now matured Maria Renard began to look for him. Fate intervened as she witnessed something that was impossible. Castlevania has risen again before a century has passed. Without any other clues on Richter's whereabouts, Maria entered and investigated the castle herself.

Meanwhile, in another place… several powerful spirits awakened a man known as Alucard… He's the same Alucard that teamed up with Richter's ancestor, Trevor Belmont, in the past to defeat Dracula, Alucard's father. After his journey with Trevor, Alucard entered an eternal slumber to submerge his vampiric power and purge the world from his cursed bloodline. But now, he's awake once more, and evil is at work on his homeland…

And in order to stop his father, once again Alucard entered Castlevania, this time without any other spirits to help him… Or is it ? Well, as for now, let us move forward into the distant future…

==Japan, 1994==

It was just one normal day in Tokyo Tower. Hikaru Shidou entered the elevator to get her into the upper part of the tower. Indeed, after the entire event in Cephiro, fighting Debonair to save it, she was still hurt that she could not return once more. But, she decided to move on, while remembering all those precious memories… She headed towards her best friend, who was waiting there, Umi Ryuuzaki. "Hi, Umi-chan !", Hikaru called her, waving her hand. Umi turned her back and greeted her back, "Hello, Hikaru !". However, soon afterwards, Hikaru gave a puzzled look, and asked, "Umm… where's Fuu-chan ?". "Oh, she just called me fifteen minutes ago. She said that she had to attend to an urgent business, so… she couldn't come.", that was her reply. Hikaru hung her head, regretting that Fuu couldn't come, but then she returned to her usual happy self, and exclaimed, "That's okay ! Let's go, Umi-chan !"

But… suddenly, Hikaru sensed something really wrong just after she took several steps. All of the other people suddenly ran away. "What's wrong with…", Hikaru's words were cut as she heard Umi screaming. She turned back, and found Umi contained inside a green orb. Beside that orb was a man in purple robe, floating in meditation pose, surrounded with green circles. "My… what a pretty victim we got here…", the man spoke. Umi ignored him as she continued to bang the orb, and yelled "Let me out of here !!". As her first reaction, Hikaru asked him in an angry tone, pointing at him, "Who're you !?". The man raised his hands, and said, "I am the Dark Priest Shaft. I have some business to be done with your friend here…". Hikaru realized that right now, Umi was in an extreme danger. She rushed to save her, while shouting, "I will not let you hurt Umi-chan !!". However, suddenly, the unexpected happened. Hikaru slowly floated to the sky, unable to control her body. "What… what happened !?". Shaft just gave a cold reply, "I have no business with you. Dispose her.", and then suddenly a figure in blue leather jacket leapt to Hikaru and tackled her. Hikaru couldn't recognize the man, except that he wore a bandanna and wielded a whip… But, before she could find out more, all became black to her…

"Good job, Richter… Now let us return.". Shaft said and he chanted some words of magic, and suddenly a black portal opened. Both him and the man called Richter entered the portal, not forgetting to take Umi as well. "Hikaru !! Help me !!", that was Umi's last words as she knocked the orb's interior even harder, before she was dragged even deeper into the portal. However, the portal was open too long and started to suck winds around it. The unconscious Hikaru was slowly dragged into the portal and she unconsciously entered the portal…

What will happen to her and Umi now ?

To be Continued

++++++++++++++++++++

Author's note : As I said, this would be an alternative retelling of SOTN, with some MKR characters thrown in. I also would like to thank my fellow author, Grey, due to his impressive MKR/MGS fic, for inspiring me greatly to make this fic. I know I won't be as good as him, but I'll do my best to make this fic better. Well, I'll see you in the second chapter…