Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Eye of the Moon ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Eye of the Moon A Sailor Moon/Wheel of Time crossover Chapter 1 By Rocker Starlight Rating: PG-13

Disclaimers: Wheel of Time was created by Robert Jordan
Sailor Moon was created by Naoko Takeuchi

Time-Line Notes~

Wheel of Time ~ Post Crown of Swords

Sailor Moon ~ After Stars, but prior to the wedding. When I looked in the Manga, the wedding looks like it takes place some good years after the battle with Galaxia and Chaos, so it makes it a little simplier. ^_^

Final note ~ Originally this series was written by the author Cruton, but some years back, when I asked about him minding me continueing it, he gave me complete permission to the series, and let me have it all! Let me tell ya, it was a complete shock. Well, I plan on editing this up to fit my own writing style soon enough, but I will be posting the original copies until then, so people can enjoy what he had released. ^_^ -----------------------------------------------------------

Demandred stepped out of the portal and on to the cursed soil of Shayol Ghul. As his boots touched the ground, the disturbed dirt rose up and filled his nostrils with a sulphurous stench.

He didn't really mind the smell anymore, as he did on his first trip to the mountain. Actually, all his frequent visits had made the smell a pleasant familiarity, if one could call anything at Shayol Ghul pleasant.

Taking his time to survey the scenery, his eyes rested on the forges of Thakan'dar. They seemed to be on fire themselves, as the forgers milled out weapons for the trollocs. By the rate of activity, it seemed the raids into the borderlands were getting more successful.

"Demandred"

The forsaken turned to face Shadar Haran, the taller then average myrddraal who seemed to play an important part in the Great Lords plan.

"Come"

Haran then turned towards the tunnel that lead to the bowls of Shayol Ghul without even looking to see if Demandred was following him.

Demandred broke into a light jog to catch up to the shadow spawn, then fell into place walking behind him. As they continued on, Demandred took note that the tunnel, for once, did not change shape the entire trip. He couldn't stop the smile that formed on his lips. "The Great Lord must be pleased." He thought to himself.

The darkness of the tunnel soon gave way to the glow of molten rock as they entered the heart of Shayol Ghul. Haran hung back as Demandred walked forward and prostrated himself in front of the pool of lava in the center of the camber, the Pit of Doom.

He kneeled there in silence for what seemed to be an eternity. Then, a sudden wave of power filled the camber as the presence of the Great Lord entered the room. It washed through Demandred body, invading his mind, forcing itself into his thought.

REPORT, DEMANDRED.

"All goes as planned, my lord." Demandred managed to choke out.

GOOD. IF YOU SUCCEED, YOU MAY YET BECOME THE NAE'BLIS. HERE ARE YOUR FINAL INSTRUCTIONS.

Demandred fell to the floor in convulsions as new information was forced into his brain. Then, suddenly as it had started, it stopped. Getting up, a wide smile formed on his face. He bowed deeply towards the Pit of Doom, then turned to follow Haran back to the surface.

When they reached mouth of the tunnel, Haran gave Demandred one last look with his eyeless face. It was an appraising look, as if the myrddaal was trying to divine if Demandred had any chance in fulfilling the Great Lord's instruction.

Demandred gave his best show of not noticing as he walked down the slope. When he felt he was a suffienct distance away, Demandred opened himself to saidin. The "one" power, the power that supposedly drove the Wheel of Time, filled him, turning his once dull world into a cornucopia of sight, sound, and smell, as all his sense were augmented. Fighting the need to draw more, to draw it all, Demandred wove the nessicery weaves of spirit. He then used those weaves to force apart the Pattern itself and create a portal away from Shayol Ghul. And, in the blink of an eye, he was gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------< br>
The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose among the streets of Juuban. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

The wind traveled along the busy streets, flowing around the cars. It passed by the local high school, past the Crown Game Arcade, and into the Cherry Hill Shrine. It pushed its was through an open door and came to rest upon the sleeping form of a young Shinto priestess, Rei Hino.

At that precise moment, Rei was dreaming. As she dreamt, she was floating over a huge landscape. At one end, she saw a huge black mountain, covered in what seemed to be perpetual darkness. Rei could feel a presence at that mountain, as if the dirt itself was evil. She moved closer, trying to divine the mountain's purpose when she heard, from the other side of the landscape, a great roar. Turning around, she saw two giant dragons. The beast wheeled in the sky for a moment, then dived down towards the figure of a young man. The man appeared to be in his early twenties, with blue and reddish gold, with a rather handsome face and a bearing of self- importance. The dragons shrunk down and wrapped themselves around the man's arms, melding with his skin. The man gave a satisfied nod, then began walking towards the mountain of darkness.

As he walked across the land, fire followed at his heels and the earth was rent asunder by his footsteps. In his hand, he held a glowing sword. But, with every step he took, the sword grew twisted and brittle, 'til it resembled a twig.

Rei watched this all with absolute terror, and yet she felt the need to watch it all. Forcing herself to look back at the mountain, she saw, at the base, seven stone disks, each one engraved with a yin/yang symbol. Then, as the man grew closer, the disks began to systematically shatter. When the last one broke, the mountain itself shattered. A cloud of purest black billowed out, and engulfed the land. The man tried to fight the cloud, but all his attempts were in vain, as the cloud swallowed him whole.

The cloud then began to rise up towards the sky. Rei followed it higher and higher 'til they both seemed to have traveled past the stars. Then, as the cloud stopped, an impossibly huge net of intricately woven strands of light came into view. Rei only had a moment to stare at the wonder, as the cloud started to rip the net apart. It began to move towards the center of the net, shredding glowing strands as it went.
At the center, Rei was met with ever more amazement. In the middle of the net, there was a giant seven-spoked wheel. Coiled through the spokes was a huge serpent trying to devour its tail. The cloud tore the serpent from the wheel and proceeded to break the snake into eighths. After it had destroyed the serpent, the cloud smashed the wheel. And then, all that was left was Rei and the cloud.

Rei moved closer to the cloud and reached out to touch it. The cloud began wrap itself her in an exploratory fashion. Rei then spoke for the first time since the dream began.

"What are you?"

Suddenly, Rei felt the cloud push itself into her mind. Her body felt numb as the cloud forced its thoughts in with her's.

SHAI'TAN

Rei did not know why, but that name filled with a primal terror. Calling upon all her will power, she flung the cloud out of her mind. The cloud hung back for a minute, then burst into flame. The flames swirled around Rei and began to burn her. Her skin turned black and peeled back, and her muscles fell from her bones.

And Rei Hino woke up screaming.

------------------------------------------------------- ----

It was a normal enough Sunday in Juuban. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and a certain pig-tailed sailor scout was running so hard one would wonder why she didn't have a heart attack, considering all the sweets she ate. Running next to her was a black cat who must have been in top shape through all those years of running.

"Luna," Usagi whined. " why do we have to go to these stupid scout meetings anyway? Nothing has happened around here since I fought Galaxia."

"Because we never know when something will happen." Luna replied. "Besides, you wouldn't think these meetings were stupid if you tried to be on time, for a change." Usagi skidded to a halt in front of the shrine, then raced up the steps. When she got there, she found Rei, Ami, Makoto, Haruka, Michiru, and Hotaru waiting for her.

"Hi, guys. Where's Minako?" Usagi inquired. "Rei sent her to find Setsuna." Ami replied. "She won't tell us why, though." She leaned in closer and whispered. "She hasn't said anything since. She just sits there staring at the floor."

"That's odd." Usagi walked over to Rei. "You okay, Rei? Hello? Rei?" She began waving her hands in front Rei's face.

Makoto sighed. " We've tried everything we could think of, Usagi. She just won't respond."

Usagi thought about for a moment, then a smile came to her face. "Rei? This is Usagi. I'm afraid I spilled ice cream on your entire collection of Maison Ikkoku." She then backed away and prepared for the coming fireworks. They never came.

Haruka chuckled. "An interesting approach Usagi, but I think it that a little more then that to get her attention."

It was at that moment that Minako walked in the door, followed by Setsuna. "We're back!"

Setsuna sat down across from Rei. "Now, Rei. What is the problem?"

Rei looked up, then sighed. " Last night I had a dream. I believe it may have been a premonition.

----------------------------------------------------- ------

In an alleyway behind the arcade, a group of the homeless sat in silence.
The thin glowing line appeared in midair, slicing one of them neatly in half. The line then rotated, becoming a circle. Out of the circle stepped a stately man in his middle years wearing something that would have been more appropriate for a Renaissance festival. He surveyed the area for a moment, then waved casually towards the others. They all clutched their chests, then died without a sound.

The man's cloths became hazy for a moment, then they were replaced with an armoni suit. Then, seemingly as an after thought, he burned all the bodies to cinders.

--------------------------------------------------------- --

Mamoru was reading a book when a strange feeling overtook him. He didn't know what it was, but did he know that somewhere in the city, there was evil. Grabbing his rose, he ran to the door. That evil was coming from the direction of the Cherry Hill Shrine.

---------------------------------------------------------- -

". and then I woke up." Rei concluded. She turned to Setsuna. "So what do you think it means?"

Setsuna gave her a sweet smile. "It doesn't mean anything, Rei. You're probably still spooked from the incident with Galaxia. In your mind, the cloud probably stands for chaos and the man probably stands for your failed attempts to fight her."

"How I wish were so, dear ladies." The senshi turned around to find a well dressed, middle-aged man standing in the doorway. "Your dreams represent the conflict that has engulfed my world. I've come to ask for the assistance of the only one who can help us." He turned to Hotaru. "Please, help us, Sailor Saturn."

"No! Don't trust him, senshi. This man is pure evil." Setsuna stood up, a got out her transformation pen, and was knocked across the room by an invisible force.

"Setsuna!" An angry Usagi turned towards the man. "You just made the biggest mistake of your life! Senshi, let's transform and kick this guy's butt!" The room was suddenly alive with transformation sequences. (I'm sorry, but can't remember what they are. Feel free to flame me.)

"To attack one of our own is unforgivable. I am Sailor Moon, and in the name of the moon."

"And Mercury."

"And Venus."

"And Mars."

"And Jupiter."

"And Saturn."

"And Uranus."

"And Neptune."

".we will punish you!"

The man gave a moderate applause. "I'm very impressed, but I really want Sailor Saturn, so could we just get straight to the point, hmm?" He lifted his right hand, causing the room to explode.

The senshi were thrown out into street. Sailor Mars was the first to get up. "Now its our turn! Flame Sniper!" An arrow of fire flew towards the man then harmlessly slide off of a forcefield.

Suddenly, Sailor Mars felt wrap around her throat. She looked down, but saw nothing but air. The thing around her throat gave a sharp tug and began pulling her towards the man, bringing her face to face with him.

He began studying her. "An interesting application of the power. I don't suppose you would tell me how you did it?"

She spit in his face. "Not a chance! Why don't you tell me why you're attacking us?"

He sighed. "As I told you, I want Sailor Saturn. Speaking of." He gave a negligent wave towards her and she flew through and into a car. He then turned his attention towards the recovering Saturn.

Saturn was barely getting on her feet when the invisible force lifted her off the ground.

"Put her down!"

The man turned towards Tuxedo Kaman. "And what do you want, masked man?"

"I said put her down!" Tuxedo Kaman snarled. He flung open his cape and released a barrage of roses. However, the flowers simply rolled off of the man's forcefield.

The man started to laugh tremendishly. "You really thought flowers would hurt me? I should still you simply for being that foolish." He fixed he gaze of Tuxedo Kaman, then in Kaman's place stood Chiba Mamoru. The man then made a flicking motion, causing Mamoru to fly across the street and into the side of a building.

Across the battlefield, Sailor Mercury was tending Setsuna while Jupiter stood ready to defend them both if the man turned his attention their way. "How is she doing, Mercury?"

Mercury was currently scanning Setsuna's body with her computer for injuries. "She should be okay. It seems we took the brunt of the attack."

"That's good. Now could you tell me how that guy just forced Mamoru to detransform.?! Or at lest tell us how to beat him?"

Mercury swung around and focused her sensors on the man. "I can't tell you how he's doing it, but I think I may have found a weakness." She turned towards Uranus. "His forcefield ends at ground level."

Uranus smiled. "Then this should turn the trick." She slammed her fist into the ground. "World Shaking!"The energy ball ripped through the pavement, slipped under the forcefield, and exploded under the man. He flew upward and landed against the shrine. Pulling himself up, he spit out a tooth, and began to advance on Uranus. "You will pay for that!"

"You shouldn't let your guard down!" Neptune yelled to him. "It's bad form! Deep Submerge!" The man turned just in time to see the ball of water energy strike him.

Holding his arm in pain, the man began to limp away from the senshi. "This was not the plan! We shall meet again, and then you shall die!" A line of light appeared in front of him, then rotated into a portal.

---------------------------------------------------------- -

Sailor Pluto and Sailor Chibi-Moon walked down the corridor of time. It was Chibi-Usa who finally broke the silence. "Can't you at least tell me where and when Mother is sending me?"

Setsuna looked down at senshi in training. She had grown into a beautiful girl since she had last traveled back in time, infact today was her 19th birthday, but she was still had a girlish attitude towards everything and had yet to pass the test to become a full senshi. "Your mother wants it to be a surprise. Now, do you still have the bauble your mother gave you?"

Chibi-Usa reached into the pouch at her side and produced a small, metal orb. "Yup!"

Setsuna smiled. "Good. Now make sure you don't lose it." After a little pause, Setsuna waved her staff at the wall. In blur of motion, a large set of double doors appeared. "We're here." The doors opened to reveal the senshi in the middle of a battle.

Chibi-Usa gulped. "So I'm supposed to help them defeat that guy?"

Setsuna shook her head. "No, you're just supposed to enjoy the ride." With that, Setsuna pushed Chibi-Usa out of the time corridor. There was a flash of light, then the doors disappeared. When all this was done, Setsuna hung her head and sighed. "I hope your right about this, Serenity."

------------------------------------------------------- ----

"You're not getting away that fast, buster!" Sailor Moon lifted her sceptor. " Moon Rainbow Heart Ache!"

The man looked at the on coming energy ball for a second, then threw himself on the ground despite his injuries. The energy ball passed strait over his head and into the portal, where it exploded.

The last thing any of them saw was a bright light.

----------------------------------------------------------- --------

F.Y.I: That thing at the beginning about the wind, the Wheel of Time, and beginnings was how all the WOT books begin. I didn't create it, it just seemed appropiate.

E-mail:RockerStarlight@hotmail.com