Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 7: Dark sides terror mall... come one, die all! ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap. 7 - Dark side's Terror Mall, come one, die all!

By: Piccard

Yes, tis me again, bringing you people chapter 7 of my story, and it's becoming more difficult to come up with witty phrases in these openings.

I am also proud to announce that I have been given the `No Glancing' award, because if anyone noticed, no one glanced at anyone last chapter!

----------------------------

Disclaimer: See chap.1, I just own Piccard Arrowsmith, Anaetheron the Hell Knight and a really bad Warcraft 3 losing record! (Won-1, Lost-16!)

Lets move!

----------------------------

When they reappeared, they found that they were about one street away from the mall. "Okay, so you can't expect me to be accurate on my first time here can you?" Most of the group walked, as Amy dragged Sonic and Rogue dragged Knuckles. Tails and Cream walked hand in hand (But denied anything, saying that they were just `good friends') Shadow walked on his own, and Piccard, The Doctor and Anaetheron bought up the rear.

`Something's bound to happen, we're all out together.' Ran through Piccard's head. Meanwhile, a certain armoured figure was preparing his helmet and loading a chain gun. "That's right Piccard, something will happen at this mall."

The figure in the chair's voice seemed arrogant when it said, "You have your orders, you can't fail, or the boss'll have your head!" The black armoured figured turned and sighed "Calm down Cyby! Honestly, if this goes wrong, you'll be doing the attacks, not me! I'll go and prepare my team."

As he left, the figure in the chair rose and went to a console at the wall. Tapping various commands, he got the information about Arrowsmith and the figure in black, and his red eyes widened "So that's why he wants to meet Arrowsmith in battle!" He exclaimed as he ran out of the room.

Meanwhile, our heroes had arrived at the mall and were proceeding to go their own ways, Amy and Rogue dragged Sonic and Knuckles in one direction, and Shadow walked off in another. Tails and Cream were about to go off when they heard a forced cough from behind them and they turned to see Piccard. "Do you happen to have a map of this place, we could get lost very easily." Tails turned to Cream, who pulled a map out of her pocket and handed it over, "Thanks." Piccard said as his group walked off, leaving Tails and Cream to their own devices.

Piccard, Anaetheron and the Doctor were too caught up in the size of the place to notice the number of people giving them weird glances. Piccard snapped back to reality after he heard whispering, and with a well-aimed pulse of energy, managed to get the attention of Anaetheron and the doc. "Anywhere you two want to go?" Piccard asked. "Not especially." The doctor replied. "Me neither." Anaetheron added. "Well." Piccard began, consulting the map, "Says here there's a seating area in the centre of the mall, lets go there for the time being and think this place over." And without any further ado, they set off for the centre of the mall, where a certain group were sat.

"Come on Antoine, he's not that bad." Sally said for the umpteenth time, for after their return to Knothole, all Antoine had gone on about was how Piccard had made him look weak. "He embarrassed moi with zat stun pulse!" "Calm down." Was all Bunnie said as she held his left hand, which caused him to calm a bit. "If he's as good as you make out I can't wait to meet him." Said the skunk that was sat next to Sally. Before she could respond, he looked over her shoulder, "Erm, did you say before that he wore green armour?" "Yes, why?" He gestured over her shoulder, "Then I think he's over there!"

Piccard was looking around for a place to sit, when he heard a voice call his name, he turned to see Sally waving and pointing to her own table. Piccard nodded back and called Anaetheron and the Doctor, "I found a table, and we have company, come on!" He said as they made their way over. When they got there, he noticed Sally sitting with a skunk he hadn't seen the other night, and Bunnie sitting with Antoine. Sitting down they said their hellos and the skunk turned to Piccard. "Names Geoffrey St. john, Nice to meet'cha mate." He said extending his paw. "I'm Piccard Arrowsmith, nice to meet you too. Erm, Mate!" Piccard said uneasily as he shook Geoffrey's paw.

He gestured to the Doctor "This was our stations emergency medical hologram, but he goes by the title of `The Doctor'. He was the best EMH in

Starfleet, and even served on board the USS Voyager." "Nice to meet you sir," The doctor began, "but forgive me for not shaking hands, because your paw would pass through me." Piccard turned to the Doctor "No need to make `Holo' Jokes!" The Doctor merely sighed at this bad pun and shook his head. Piccard then turned to Anaetheron, "And this is Anaetheron the Hell Knight, while he still looks demonic (I would too if I was six feet tall with horns and a build similar to a dump truck.) He's really quite nice, but he can get flared sometimes." Anaetheron extended his claw, which Geoffrey carefully shook.

Sally chose this moment to speak up, "Piccard, before I forget, Rotor asked me to give this too you, he did it quicker than he thought he would!" She said as she took Piccards helmet out of a bag. "Did it quicker than I thought he would, give him my thanks." He said as he put his helmet on the table in front of him, and rubbed his stomach, The Doctor noticed this, "Is it still sore from earlier?" "Just sore? YOU try enduring a stream of white-hot plasma to your gut and see how you cope!" Piccard jokingly snapped. Anaetheron simply sat back and rolled his eyes, "I wonder how everyone else is getting on?"

Amy and Rogue were just entering another clothes store "How many do you need?" Sonic shouted. "We're only browsing" Amy shouted back. "This is your third store though!" Knuckles protested. "Don't worry, things will get more interesting soon." Rogue said and grinned at Amy, who grinned back, sending a shudder down the boy's spines. Just then Sonic noticed someone walking towards them laughing, "Shadow, help!" "Erm, No!" Sonic sighed "I've got money!" "Oh? Running all the way!" Five minutes later, Amy and Rogue were entering another store, Dragging Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow behind them "Remind me never to ask for your help again faker!" Sonic glared, Shadow glared back, "Oh shut up faker!"

Anaetheron wondered about Tails and Cream, well, he didn't have to wonder, as he could see them from here, for they were sitting at a table on the other side of the area. They appeared to be having a detailed conversation, and because of the fact that one of them turned red from time to time, he guessed their feelings would be revealed soon.

He snapped back to reality to see Geoffrey and Piccard talking about weapons, "Nice laser pistol Geoff." Piccard said, looking the device over "Never let me down, now lets see your best weapon." Piccard put the pistol back on the table and held his hands on the table, where a blue effluence appeared and began taking shape. There was a sudden flash, which caused Piccard to blink repeatedly "Sometimes I wish it wouldn't do that!" He said rubbing his eyes. He looked down at his shotgun. "This baby never let me down either, and unlike most weapons, I don't have to load it." "What do you mean?" Piccard opened the compartment where the ammo was supposed to go, and Geoffrey could see a swirling green ball, "Watch what happens when I load it." He pumped the gun, and the energy ball flashed, and now swirled around something that looked like a shell. "It creates it's own ammunition."

Meanwhile, Amy and Rogue had finished shopping for the moment, and were dragging the boys to where everyone else was. It was fairly easy to see them, because Anaetheron could be seen clearly over the crowd. The girls let go of the boys, who quickly ran to where everyone else was as the girls only walked over. Piccard noticed the looks on their faces, "Have a fun time guys?" only to be greeted with "Get stuffed!" "Piss off!" and "Fat chance!" Sonic then noticed Geoffrey next to Sally, "Hello St. Ego!" Sonic said coldly. "Hello Blue!" came the equally cold reply. Piccard leaned to Anaetheron "Obviously hate each other." "Unlike the two I'm watching." Piccard wondered what Anaetheron meant, and then looked where Anaetheron was pointing, to Tails and Cream, who were now both bright red. "10 quid says he just told her how he feels." Piccard says. "Deal!" came Anaetheron's response.

However, on the floor directly above Piccard was the figure in black armour, who had his staff ready and was speaking into a communicator. "Get the lovebirds, at worst, injure them." He shut off the communicator, "Piccard, I hope your ready for a blast from your past!"

Tails and Cream seemed to be getting redder by the minute, they knew they were being watched, and they decided to play along. But as they were planning what to do next, many deafening roars filled the air. "Not again." Piccard sighed as he prepared himself. At that moment, the shop opposite them exploded, and from the wreckage emerged 10 demons and 5 brown creatures with blades for their arms and tails. "Anaetheron, what are THEY?" "I'm not sure, I think I heard them called Sabreclaws once." Piccard drew his shotgun and fired into the air "Everyone out of the area, NOW!" pretty soon it was just the Sonic team left. Tails and Cream just managed to dodge a sabre blow and ran to Piccard.

Piccard wasted no time, pushing over a table and using it as a barrier. "Geoffery, need you and your pistol here!" The skunk complied and crouched behind the barricade loading his pistol as Piccard fired at a Sabreclaw. As Piccard was doing this, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow ran forward and started attacking anything that got in their way. Piccard turned to see Sally, Bunnie, Rogue and Antoine all standing there. "Need weapons?" They all nodded, "Antoine, you have a sword, come here." Antoine walked over with a hostile air about him. Before he could do anything Piccard grabbed it and started chanting while the sword glowed light blue. After a minute he handed it back "This sword now has the power of ice, anything you hit should slow down in movement speed and attack rate." "T-T-Thanks." Antoine stuttered as he ran forward. "Okay ladies, weapons!" There was a flash as once again, his whole arsenal appeared in front of him. He gave Sally the Bow and Quiver, Rogue the Plasma gun and he handed Bunnie the Shotgun. "What are you gonna use?" She asked as he gave her the weapon he was just using. To answer, he picked up his staff and gave his sword to the Doctor. "What I always use, C'mon Doc!" He said as they ran forward.

For those who lost track, lets have a rundown of whose where:

Melee - Weapon.

Sonic - Quills + Speed

Tails - Tails

Knuckles - Knuckles

Shadow - Quills + Hover boots

Piccard - Staff

The Doctor - Sword

Antoine - Enchanted Ice Sword

Ranged - Weapon

Sally - Bow

Rogue - Plasma gun

Bunnie - Enchanted Shotgun

Geoffrey St. John - Laser Pistol

Anaetheron - Energy bolts

Cream and Amy just chose to stand back.

Back to the fic.

The fight was going very well for our heroes, Sonic and Shadow were good at confusing the demons, who then got bashed by Tails and Knuckles before being finished off by the Doctor and Antoine, With Piccard whacking the hell out of anything that got too close. With this method the Demons were no match, but the Sabreclaws were wiser, they stretched their arms and blades and span, FAST! The warning did not come quick enough; Sonic, Shadow and Tails endured many slashes and were covered in cuts, grazes and blood. Knuckles's gloves got shredded and he lost two of his dreadlocks, as well as being slashed, but not as bad as the other three. Antoine was wise to choose this moment to run and Piccard ordered the Doctor back for fear that his emitter would be damaged, so now it was Piccard and the ranged attackers against the Sabreclaws.

"Don't worry where you fire, I can endure it!" Piccard called to the ranged attackers as he bought his staff forward full force at the first Sabreclaw, knocking it to the floor. Piccard bought his staff up, and bashed the wretched creatures head in. The other four appeared to be gripped by rage and the second lunged at Piccard from behind. Sally saw her chance and aimed an arrow, she fired and hit the thing square in the side of the head, causing it to scream and fall, Bunnie aimed the shotgun and took out it's head. "How come their so easy?" Sally shouted, "They may look tough, but they're only as tough as those brown creatures from that hall." Rogue saw the third and fourth spinning towards them and pressed the trigger, but Piccard forgot to mention that the gun was an `Auto-fire' weapon, and a stream of plasma shot out and sent the two of them to the ground. There was an almighty scrapping sound as the two were impaled on each other's blades and tails. Piccard used his staff on the last one to stun it and moved out of range as he shouted "Anaetheron, NOW!" Anaetheron's claw glowed green and launched a projectile that, while not really very impressive looking, managed to make the last one explode. Piccard walked over and picked up the two blades, he examined them before he passed them to the doctor. "That was easy, but I'm still knackered."

He grabbed his weapons and they started walking out when Piccard said, "Damn I didn't clean up, hang on." He ran back to the square and waved his staff. "Cleanup." Meanwhile, from above. "Great, he fell for it, now's my chance." The figure said as he waved his staff and jumped down. Piccard started to walk back as he suddenly sensed something unusual, then a wall of fire appeared out of nowhere and barricaded him in. Everyone was watching in shock, especially the Sonic team. "WHAT THE HELL?" Piccard shouted.

He heard something from behind him and turned to see a figure in black armour, a black helmet and holding a staff. "Do I know you?" Piccard asked, while reaching for his sword. "I am the shadow to the light." "What?" The figure in black sighed. "I am the yang to the yin." "Are you mad?" The figure in black sweatdropped. "What I'm trying to say is that I'm the dark to the light, and now, tis your turn to die Piccard, or should I say," He removed his helmet, "Light side!"

Piccard took a step back in shock, "Dark! I thought I killed you back on the Poledes!" "Yes you did, Dead men don't make as many social appearances do they?" He pointed his staff, "Time to do what my allies could not and finish you off! Dark Pulse!" A bright black beam shot out of the staff, "Essence of Light!" Piccard glowed white and the dark energy dissipated. "Energy launch!" The white glow formed into a spear and flew towards his dark side, hitting him in the side, he gasped "You're stronger than I expected! But can you counter this?" He sheathed his staff and drew a chain gun. "Oh CRAP!" Piccard began running and chanting as the firing started, then, the fire turned to a force field. "Gravity defiance!" Piccard's boots glowed gold as he ran up and on the force field, easily dodging the fire now. He drew his shotgun and aimed, "Lets see how you fare against more concentrated fire." He let loose shot after shot onto his Dark side who took them all square in the armour, "I think it's obvious who wins." "Yea Light side, it's me, YEEARGH!" He drew his sword and lunged, Piccard didn't have enough time to react as the sword cut through the flesh of his left leg. He screamed and bought his own sword down, just missing this dark being.

Meanwhile outside the barrier, "Come on Tails, get this force field down!" Anaetheron and the Doc shouted to Tails "He can't take much more!" Amy was just looking on very distraught. "Get that shield down, we have to help him!" She yelled, with much concern in her voice. "I'm trying, these circuits are too complex, we need someone who has a large knowledge of circuit based technology, and the only one we have is in there!" Sonic was looking around the crowd at the time and noticed something. "Perhaps not T-2, wait here" He ran to the person he spotted. "Excuse me." The figure turned, and upon seeing his orange moustache, they realised who it was. "Yes Sonic." "Doctor, can." Sonic began, only to be cut off, "Ah, remember, I want to be called Julian from now on." "Okay Julian, you know a lot about circuits right?" "Uh-huh." Sonic grabbed him and ran back to the force fields, where things were getting intense between the two fighters. "Can you break this force field?" "Hmm." He said looking over the components "Yup, give me one minute." He said reaching down. "Sonic, out of all the people, you have to ask Dr. Robotnik for help." Sonic turned, "Knux, he's the only one who knows enough about circuits, other than Piccard, to be able to break it."

Inside, both combatants were panting heavily, the floor was covered in sweat and blood and used bullets and shells lay in clusters from place to place. Piccard was lying on the floor face first and his dark side stood over him with his sword pointing downwards, "This fight's over!" He announced and bought his sword down, straight through Piccard's back, narrowly missing his spine and causing him to emit the most blood-curdling scream heard yet. His hand shot like a bullet, grabbed his shotgun and pointed it upwards, "The match his over for you!" Piccard shouted as he fired, causing his dark side to reel. Piccard struggled to his feet and a red ball formed in his hand. "Pyro siege!"

As he threw the ball as hard as he could, the explosion engulfing both fighters. Amy screamed, and at that moment they could hear Julian shouting

"Got it!" The force field came down and they rushed in to find what was a black teleporting effluence emitting manical laughter.

Piccard, on the other hand, was in bad shape; he was lying on the floor practically unconscious, covered in blood, and with his armour completely destroyed. They noticed several bullet wounds in him as he opened his eyes. "Doctor…" The Doctor came running and kneeled by him. "I know I won't die, but it's too dangerous to move me, I'll have to be treated here, Just, get me onto a clean surface." He looked upwards, "I want to thank you all for helping me before." Geoffrey and Antoine spoke up "Don' worry mate, you'll be alright in a bit." "Ah am sure you will survive monsieur." Piccard smiled. "Thanks for your support guys." Piccard winced a bit as Anaetheron picked him up and laid him out on a table. "Piccard?" He turned his head to the right to see Amy. "Erm," It was obvious that something was on her mind, but she couldn't say it. "How long might it take?" "Normally one week with these injuries, but I will use magic to help the Doctor, so I should be alright in about an hour or three."

And those were his last words before he slipped into unconsciousness, only pausing to mutter, "I'll get you, Dark Piccard, you see if I don't!"

My god, gripping, isn't it? Well, how was it, good, bad, about as efficient as a pencil sharpener in a pen factory? Please review, if you can!

Piccard, unconscious for the time being…

Auto-shut off!