Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Marines Journey - The SHODAN crisis ❯ Chapter 78: Shadow at Star Light! ( Chapter 79 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The Marine's Journey

Chap 78: Shadow at Star Light!

By: Piccard

Sorry for the lack of updates, but being so close to Christmas I've had several other things in mind. One of them being the Christmas version of this fic, which you can find on my bio!

Chaos: Way to self advertise!

I know, and every character I use is in it, so if you like this you'll love that!

Carter: Even I'm in it!

Well some might think that it was better you were left out, but I wanted you and the Governor to tie up a few loose ends, and give hints to the next big plot shift.

---------------------- /\/**

Disclaimer: Somewhere back there!

Need a new quote, wait til Frozen throne!

---------------------- /\/**

Inside the shuttle a fourth light lit up as Xerxes pulled the shuttle out of warp and noticed a fairly older tech city below them. "Here we are," He started as he tapped buttons. "According to the computers, this is the Star Light zone, now, who wants a crack?" He glanced over his shoulder to see three left, and a gloved hand went up. "Well it won't hurt to have a crack!" Xerxes attempted a smile. "Good for you Shadow, now get us that emerald!" Shadow smirked as he vanished in a blue light, and Xerxes looked down at the panel. "According to this, the sixth emerald is on a ship in the air, not one of SHODAN's, but from the signatures, one of yours Julian!" He exclaimed, startling the egg shaped one.

The black hedgehog looked up into the sky as the shuttle vanished, and as he looked over the landscape he nearly fainted. "Who designed this place?" He muttered as he started running forward and took off round a near round loop. "Hmm, faker gotta retro thing going on." Shadow thought as he hit a spring and was sent flying along a long platform. "How did he cope?" he mumbled as he shot through several rings and landed on an upper platform where he could see for a distance.

(A/N: Star Light was my fave from Sonic 1, but I have to admit some elements did need working on…)

"This place needs work!" Shadow thought as he leapt off the platform and shot onto another, and heard a bang, turning to see a zombie with a shotgun. "Trying to hit me?" Shadow teased as he flipped up and shot forward, "I feel honoured!" He shot straight through, splattering the thing every which-way as the gun clattered down a nearby embankment, and Shadow stopped to shake the blood from his quills.

"How many ups and downs has this place got?" He muttered as he shot down a slope and was sent flying into the air, straight through a floating lost soul, who happened to be floating nearby. "Sorry, didn't see ya!" Shadow lied as he landed gracefully and noticed a glimmer in the distance. "Emerald already?" He said as he revved, but stopped as he heard a voice. "Don't do it, it's a trap!" The hedgehog stalled as he saw a vortex open, and Order appeared. "Do you really expect the emerald to be this close?" "Well." Shadow began, but then Light's voice started speaking. "It's an Arachnotron. You might be able to defeat it, but I'd rather you didn't risk it!" Shadow sighed after hearing this before Bio could be heard. "We need these emeralds to split us! It's hell! Light wants to screw Amy, but I won't let him!" Shadow laughed as the two sides of Order started squabbling as the vortex vanished.

"And I thought me and Sonic argued!" Shadow said after the thing drowned out, and as he revved and took off, a fan blew him off course and down a nearby slope. "Gotta watch out for them!" He screamed as he curled up and bowled through a series of loops before he shot up a ramp and straight up into the air. "Gotta good view!" He thought as he looked around and saw several hybrids waiting as he fell. "Just great!" He muttered as the wind shook his quills. "A welcoming committee!"

With a few minutes, three had been downed and Shadow was in a fist fight with the final one. "You ever heard of breath mints?" Shadow asked as the hybrid slammed a pipe down hard into the ground, just missing Shadow, who was revving. "Coz your breath stinks!" He shouted as he shot forward, hitting the unlucky creature head on and making it fall off a nearby ledge. "Well that was easy!" He gloated as he reached down and rubbed his white chest fur, which had gone slightly darker from some blood. "Mental note to self, Don't spin dash living things!"

After about another half hour, Shadow was lying down beside a girder face to catch some rest as he looked over the edge and noticed some action below him with a group of Sabreclaws battling some hell knights. "Looks like not all of D'sparil's forces were captured after all!" Shadow muttered in surprise as the hell knights started flinging energy, and within a minute, the last Sabreclaw fell, but there were only two hell knights left, and before Shadow could leap down and attack, a large purple ball shot out from behind another cliff and vaporised them both. "What the hell?" He thought as he continued watching, but saw nothing emerge as he leapt onto a nearby catapult, and being flung up to another cliff.

"I don't wanna know what that was!" Shadow said as he barrelled round another loop, "And I have a feeling that I will have too!" He finished as he curled up and shot through a group of imps. "Well she might have sent something worthwhile!" He muttered as he shot through another group and activated a step series of platforms. "Gotta be quick." He kept repeating to himself as he leapt from platform to platform and as soon as he hit the top, started blazing along the long, flat area ahead of him.

After five minutes of running down this single road with the lamp posts glaring down on him, he screeched to a halt as he saw something ahead that he wished he'd never seen. A large floating purple thing with several tentacles and one eye was glaring straight at him, and as Shadow looked past it, he noticed that the blue emerald shining behind it. "You're going down!" Shadow shouted as he power span through the air and straight through the creature, and to his shock, the thing fell and vanished. "Well, that was too easy!" Shadow exclaimed as he started forward, but just before he could lay his gloved fingers on it, he heard a growl and span to see the thing back behind him. "How'd you do that?" The hedgehog asked, but the thing started glowing, and before Shadow could react, he had to leap to the side to dodge the same purple sphere that annihilated the hell knights.

"If I knew how you did that," Shadow said as he obliterated the thing again, making it reappear a few feet behind him, "Won't you just die?" He screamed as he dodged another sphere, but as he shot through it again, he noticed something to his left in the shadows between two lights. It was a small lump of bio-matter, and as it glowed dully, the creature re-appeared. "So that's it!" The hedgehog yelled as he span forward again, and this time as the creature vanished, he ricocheted off a nearby light and smashed into the bio matter. "Gotcha!" He muttered as he heard a screech, and as he turned he saw the creature again, but this time it looked more full, like it was alive.

"Now to end this!" Shadow yelled as he dodged a final sphere and shot forward, roaring as he hit, and this time, the creature literally exploded, sending blood and various parts flying everywhere as Shadow landed and rolled over to the nearby emerald. "That makes five!" He gloated as he held it high, and as he bought it down a vortex opened, and D'sparil appeared, obviously pissed off at something, but his mood seemed to brighten slightly as he saw the emerald. "Well done," the warlock started as he looked the hedgehog over. "Tell me, what did you just fight?" He asked, and as Shadow went over it in detail, D'sparil's face whitened. "I didn't think SHODAN would send them out!" "What are they?" Shadow asked, and the warlocks gaze met with Shadow's. "They're called Psi-Reavers! SHODAN's ultimate at Psionics! Not only capable of attacking with psionic projections, they ARE projections themselves, managed by the brain." Shadow cocked his head. "You mean that thing I tackled?" "Yup! The real form will only appear after the brain has been destroyed!"

Back on the shuttle, the fifth light lit, and just as Xerxes was about to start talking, the other two lights started beeping madly. "What the?" Xerxes muttered as he started pressing buttons, and as he got the results, he went white. "Guys, good news and bad." The android said as he turned to the two in the back. "Good news is that both emeralds are here on the wing fortress, but the bad news is that someone's trying to use them!" Julian and Metal Sonic looked at each other before Xerxes continued. "It gets worse, even though one emeralds at the front of the ship and one's at the rear, one of them is being guarded by Bio Carter himself, and I have no idea whose watching over the other one!" "Well we'll decide what to do when we get there!" Julian said as both he and Metal started to vanish, and as they did, Xerxes shouted after them, "I'm gonna go and grab the others, then I'm gonna blast wing fortress out of the sky!"

/\/**

Wahey, Shadow got a chapter! (For all you Shadow fans, but personally, I'm a Tails fan myself!) Anyway, it's gonna get a whole lot harder for the last two now, and who is the other person with Bio Carter? You'll find out. . . But anyway, how was it? Good, Bad, the ugly? Please review, and check out my crimbo fic!

Piccard, logging out! /\/**

(And if you don't want to read the Christmas fic I'll say it here: Merry Christmas and a happy new year!)