Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Fated Dreams ❯ dreams and desires ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Where exactly are you taking us?" asked Van seeing how dark it was starting to get as the trees grew more in numbers and blocked off any form of light that could possibly come in from the light of the two moons.

"I am taking you to the place that I have been staying at for the past few days," said Yuki not even looking back at the two that were having a lot of trouble trying to see where they were going.

"If your place is all the way out here then why is all that wood of yours back there?" asked Van squinting just to make sure that she was still ahead of them.

"That stuff can be heavy. I would like to see you carry that much all by your lonesome," said Yuki with a smirk on her face. "Besides I like the walk that I get out of walking all the way down there in order to get the wood. It does me good to just walk around instead of telling fortunes all day," she said seriously.

"Ok never mind that question," said Van still trying to make sure that they were still right behind the old woman. "Do you have any light it is too difficult to see out here," said Van.

"Just keep going straight. It is on the other side of the woods right in front of us. We will be there in about five minutes, so keep your pants on," said Yuki slightly annoyed by his complaining.

A sudden scream startled Van. He turned around and found Fiona clinging onto his shirt. "What is it Fiona?" asked Van in a worried tone. He looked down on her and saw fear in her eyes.

Fiona looked up at Van and spoke. "I felt something small and fuzzy crawling up my leg," said Fiona trembling a little.

"Oh yeah. Watch out there are large spiders around here. They don't have poison in them but if they are to bite you it will hurt really bad. I should know because a few of them have gotten to me," said Yuki with a slight laugh at how Fiona had reacted.

"You hear that Fiona? You have nothing to worry about. I have no problems with spiders so just tell me and I will help you," said Van with a smile.

"Thank you Van," said Fiona hugging him a little. They both smiled at each other and Yuki was also smiling but for a different reason.

The three of them continued walking until they eventually came into a clearing. "Thank god I can finally see again," said Van happily. He looked up and was happy to see the two moons shining down upon them.

"We're here," said Yuki not looking at the two of them. She had a smirk on her face but yet again the two of them couldn't see it because her back was facing them at that moment.

Van and Fiona were surprised. They quickly had a look around but there was nothing around here to show that anyone had been staying here at all. "Um, there is nothing here," said Fiona knowing that Van was thinking the exact same thing.

"Are you really so sure of that?" asked Yuki turning to face the two of them. She then stuck out a finger pointing to an area right behind them.

Van and Fiona both looked in the direction that she was pointing. They jumped back a few feet at what they had saw. Directly behind them was a medium sized purple tent. "H-how did that get here?' Van asked trying to think of how they could have missed it considering that they had come through that exact same spot and yet they had not seen a thing to suggest that anything was even there at first.

"It's been there all along. You were just too blind to even see it," said Yuki with a shrug before walking right by the two and into the tent. With a quick look to each other, Van and Fiona both followed her into the tent.

Upon walking into the tent the two were surprised yet again. Despite the outward appearance of it being a medium sized tent, this placed looked to be about five timed the size then it looked outside.

"Welcome to my home. How do you like it?" asked Yuki with a smile as she turned towards the two of them. She enjoyed the looks in their eyes about the tent. It was just too amusing too her.

"Wow. I never thought that it would be this spacious with how small it looks on the outside," said an amazed Fiona.

Van couldn't help but agree with Fiona on it. "I'll say. It looked like it would be crowded in here by looking outside but we all fit in great with a lot of extra space for us to move," said an equally amazed Van.

"I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult of a compliment," said Yuki with a sigh. "You two sure are equally amused at how an appearance of something doesn't mean it will be what you think," said Yuki regaining a little cheerfulness.

"Now, are we going to get started with this or are you two going to just stand there and gawk all day?" asked Yuki with a little amusement back in her voice. She looked at the two of them waiting for an answer.

"What? Oh yeah, of course," stuttered Van realizing what he had been doing and what was about to be going on. "What do we have to do?" asked Van looking at her.

"First why don't you sit down?" asked Yuki motioning to a table and some chairs. "I will explain all that is about to happen then," said Yuki with a smile on her face as she took a seat in the largest of the chairs. Van and Fiona followed closely behind her and took a seat in the other two smaller yet still comfy chairs.

"Alright, now explain," said Van leaning back into the very comfortable chair waiting for her to respond.

"As I have already told you, I am a fortuneteller. You will see some strange things when I do this and I hope that you don't freak out over them," said Yuki with a sigh just thinking about what happened one time that she did this to another man. "It consists of two stages. The real fun doesn't come until later when you will see your futures. Right now I am just going to show you smaller things that you will find interesting. These will consist of some of your dreams and your hopes for the future. Do you think that you are ready to see this?" asked Yuki glancing between the two. Both had confused looks on their faces but they nodded.

`She makes about as much sense as Dr. D did when he told us about how the gravity cannon worked,' thought Van with a nervous chuckle.

Fiona just had a confused look altogether. She just nodded her head hoping that Van could explain later.

"Hey, I was giving you the simple version," said Yuki with a sigh as she saw the still confused looks on their faces.

"Simple version? Year, right," said Van hoping that she might help them out a little more.

"Let me put it this way. First I will show you your dreams and hopes then I will show you the future. Does that make more sense?" asked Yuki very annoyed at how this was coming along so far.

"Oh, I get it now," said Fiona with a nod of her head. "I guess I am ready to see this. It could be very exciting," said Fiona with a smile.

"Alright. I guess I understand. I am up to see what will happen, and even more up to seeing if it actually happens.

"You are not the first skeptic. One other has thought that and he lived a good life for the rest of his life with a family," said Yuki looking deep into Van's eyes as if she was looking deep into his soul.

Van was really feeling uncomfortable with all of this. "Can we just get started?" asked Van shaking his head to get the look that she was giving him out of his head.

"Sure," said Yuki. With a snap of her fingers a crystal ball appeared in front of the two of them. Van and Fiona nearly fell over in surprise. Yuki laughed as she saw them try to calm their hearts down at the surprise. "I told you now to freak out at some of the stuff that you will see during this," said Yuki with a laugh.

"What are we supposed to do? Especially when you made that thing just pop out of mid air," said Van holding his chest feeling his racing heart.

She just laughed at them. "Tell me young lady. When the second part comes who do want to go first? You or your boyfriend?" asked Yuki making Fiona blush.

"M-me and Van aren't like that," said Fiona trying to hide her blushing face. "We are just friends," said Fiona shyly.

"Could have fooled me," muttered Yuki under her breathe. "So who will it be then? The hero of planet Zi, or the ancient zoidian?" asked Yuki with a smile.

"Fiona can go first if she wants. It doesn't bother me all that much to go second," said Van with a smile on his face. `Fiona was the one that wanted to do this more,' thought Van with a smile.

"Very well then," said Yuki with a smile on her face. "Now it is time that we get started. You are about to see things that you didn't think possible," said Yuki. She then snapped her fingers and all the lights in the room turned off. At the moment the only thing that gave off a little light was the light glow that was coming from the crystal ball.

"What's going on?" asked Van looking around the pitch-black room. The only things that he could see were Yuki and Fiona because of the illumination that was coming from the ball.

"Pay attention to the ball and you will understand," said Yuki looking directly into the crystal ball. The ball seemed to cloud up a bit and then an opening came through it. There were images in the ball.

For Van there were many different images. First there was a picture of him. He was in an army uniform and by the looks of it he was high ranking. `Dad would be proud if that happened,' thought Van with a sigh.

Next there was another picture but Van couldn't see it clearly. Slowly it did come into view though. It was him, and he was holding something. He had a happy look on his face just looking at the thing that he was holding. Little arms then stuck out of the bundle he was holding. Van knew what it meant. `A true family is what I want. Some children, and a wife would be good for me. Not only just my sister. She has been all that I have had ever since our mother and father died. Just having a nice family is a good dream that I had. I feel bad for Fiona. She has enough trouble just trying to remember her family since they were left behind when she was put into the pod,' thought Van.

The picture then had something else in it. A woman came up and put her arm around Van. Van's eyes widened when he realized that it was Fiona. `Me and Fiona aren't like that,' thought Van with a shake of his head. He looked over in the direction of Fiona and saw that she had a sad expression on her face. `I wonder what she is seeing,' thought Van. The sad look on Fiona face seemed to make Van's heart hurt a little. All he wanted to do was help her to make it better with whatever it was.

Fiona dream played perfectly before her eyes. There she was standing there in the arms of Van, she had a happy look on her face in the image. Looking at the image only seemed to make a sad expression come to Fiona's face. `It is just a dream. It is not like it can come real,' thought Fiona sadly. `Van can never like me like that. He deserves much better then me. My dreams mean nothing compared to reality,' thought Fiona sadly.

"Some dream may be able to come true Fiona," said Yuki not even looking at Fiona.

`Did she just read what I was thinking?' Fiona asked herself. She looked over towards Yuki and she glanced at Fiona quickly and then nodded her head. Fiona was shocked by all of this. `I guess I better watch what I am thinking,' thought Fiona. Off to the side she could hear Yuki chuckling a little, no doubt about what Fiona had thought.

At that moment the crystal ball went dark. It was pitch black for a second before the lights flickered back on. Van and Fiona were both very silent neither of them wanting to speak.

"Dreams are things that at times can help us to continue on. They give us a motivating force that we need to be able to continue to find a way to get them to come true. People can share the same type of dreams and that allows us to be able to find answers to some of the problems that we have with them. Whether you think they are capable of coming true or not depends on how motivated you are to get them to come true. Unless you don't try then they will never come true," said Yuki in a mystic voice.

"Dreams are just dreams. That is all that they are," said Van quietly. He didn't know why he said that though.

"Dreams are based on our desires. If you desire something with all of you heart, then you should go for it. Things may go for the best if you do. Dreams are like family in a way. Wouldn't you say Van?" asked Yuki with a smile.

Van was slightly shocked by this. "Dreams can guide you just like a family and at times and it is hard to live without them. They can guide us even through the toughest of times. A person without dream and a person without family are empty inside most of the time. Most get over it like you but they are still lonely and wish for things like that. In a way you can say that Raven was like that," said Yuki with a smirk.

"What does Raven have to do with this?" asked Van not really surprised that she knew of him.

"He lost his family at a young age and was trained by Prozen for years. He was trained to fight and that it what he did. It helped to get his mind off of his problems. Even he has dreams though. At one point it was only to be able to defeat you. Now that he doesn't have as much of a reason to fight anymore he has new dream that are similar to yours Van," said Yuki with a smile.

"A person can't live without them. Most people who don't have any dreams feel that they have no reason to live. That is what bring people to have suicidal tendencies. Then there are those that have different dreams of power and wealth. Those type of dreams are what bring about some of the suffering that has went through this planet these many years," said Yuki with unhappiness in her voice. "They are the reason that it is so hard to be able to find peace," Yuki continued.

"There are as many different versions of dreams as there are people. Each person has their own different dream for them to live by. What they do with their dreams is up to them. Many ignore them and live by lives that they do not wish to live in. They end up being unhappy. Then there are those that follow their dream and live the best times of their lives. You should consider your dreams, and whether or not you want them to occur," said Yuki seriously.

Van and Fiona remained quiet as they both tried to digest all that they were hearing. It seemed to make sense to them but they were still skeptical.

"Are you two ready to really get things going now? Are you ready to test those dreams of yours?" asked Yuki with a smile. She already knew the answer but she wanted them to say it.

"Yes, I am," said Fiona seriously. She looked over towards Van he didn't say anything but he just nodded his head.

"Good. Fiona come with me since you are going first. Van; just wait out here until I am done. Then I will call you in when it is your turn," said Yuki looking at the two of them. She got up from her chair and so did Van and Fiona.

"Fine," was all that Van said as he took a seat again in the chairs that they had been previously sitting in. "How long will this take?" asked Van looking at Yuki expecting an answer.

"It all depends on the person. Some might be short but other could be longer. You will just have to wait and see," said Yuki with a smile on her face.

She turned and started to walk in one room but she saw Van take a quick look at Fiona. `Both of their dream are the same. Both wish for a family when they have none. Both wish to be each other's family. Even if Van doesn't even realize it completely that that is what he wants. Fiona is fully aware of what she wants but is too afraid to go for it. She is afraid of losing what she already has. They are too afraid,' thought Yuki looking at the two sadly.

She walked into some curtains that led to a back room. Fiona followed closely right behind her. As soon as she entered the room she was hit with the sweet smell of jasmine. It seemed to intoxicate her senses but she shook it off and continued to follow behind Yuki. Yuki took a seat again but this time behind another smaller table.

"Please sit down Fiona," said Yuki indicating a seat that was right across from her. Unlike the other ones, this one was larger and much more comfortable than the other ones.

"Tell me Fiona. What is your relationship with that young man like?" asked Yuki with a smile on her face. She knew that she could just find out herself but she wanted Fiona to tell her.

"We are just friends," said Fiona looking down at her hands that were currently folded in her lap.

"How did you meet him?" asked Yuki with the smile still on her face. Once again she just wanted to hear it from Fiona's own mouth.

"About four years ago Van found me in a capsule at some ruins. Ever since then he has taken me on different journeys. We went different ways for a few years before we met again just before he joined the guardian force. We have been working as partners most of the time since then," said Fiona still looking at her hands.

"I see," said Yuki as she reached out and grabbed something off on of the shelves that was nearby. She brought back a small pouch and placed it in her lap. Fiona couldn't see what was in it though because it remained closed. "You have feeling for him, don't you?" asked Yuki already knowing the answer.

Fiona shyly nodded her head with a light blush crossing her face, which she didn't want Yuki to see. "Yes, I do," said Fiona quietly.

Yuki seemed content with this. "Ever thought about telling him this?" asked Yuki as she reached into the pouch.

"No," said Fiona quietly once again looking down at her hands not wanting to look at Yuki.

"Why not? Is it that you are afraid of what his response will be to hearing this come out of you?" asked Yuki looking at Fiona who just nodded her head. "How about I give you a little push in that direction," said Yuki as she put her hand out and opened it. There was powder in her hand and she blew it onto Fiona.

Things seemed to start spinning all around Fiona. Everything was going dark. She had one last thought on her mind before everything else went back. `Van,' thought Fiona as she plunged into the darkness.