Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Hitchin' Bit ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi guys and gals, what's up?

This firebred saying make love not war.

Disclaimer : I don't own Zoids or any of its characters.

Rating: PG-13

Summary: The past is something Bit wishes to be forgotten. Images of his childhood seldom grace his thoughts with the falling snowflakes. But he finds out you can't keep something hidden for long.

******************

Fallen angels, are but snowflakes

Carelessly tossed in the wind

-firebred

*****************

Bit stood at the window looking out on the snow-covered earth. It was as if God threw a spotless white sheet over the land, covering everything, forming a winter wonderland.

I smiled curbed on his lips as he remembered how he loved this time of year as a boy growing up. The merry people, Christmas trees, carolers and angels in the snow, it all took his breathe away.

Doc had taken them up north for vacation at this fancy ski lodge. It was good to have a little R&R once in awhile.

The wonderful smell of eggnog and chocolate wafted in the air, causing Bit's stomach to make a little rumbling noise.

"Looks like Jamie's cooking up a storm." He mused to himself as stomach growled again.

//"Bit!"//

Bit turned around expecting to see Leena, the voice had sounded very much like hers. But to his surprise no one was there.

///"Bit, wait up, please."///

There it was again. Bit looked around the room once more, still no sign of who or what was calling his name.

"I must be hearing doubles." Bit convinced himself, "I think I'll go out and get some fresh air."

Leaving his room, Bit grabbed a jacket from the coat rack and headed down stairs.

He met Brad half way down the stairs with Naomi, her arms wrapped around his waist.

They were giggling about something are another.

"Yo Bit! Wanna go skiing with us?" Naomi greeted him slapping him on the chest.

"Naw, gonna gets me some air." Bit answered touching fists with Brad.

"K' just be back for dinner. You know how Jamie gets when you're late." Brad stated brushing his brown locks out of his face.

"Yeah, Yea, I know." Bit said before continuing down the stairs.

He passed Leena and Leon on the couch, he said hi but they were too engrossed in some old flick called "It's a Wonderful Life" to even hear or notice him.

Shaking his head he stepped out on the porch and closed the door behind him. He took in a deep breath.

He sighed deeply with content and watched the frost leave his mouth. "Hmm…I feel like I should sing like in one those musicals." Bit mused to himself, before cracking up with laughter.

Some other lodgers passing by looked at him intently with the strangest looks Bit's ever received.

"Hiya folks, nice day isn't it?" Bit humored scratching the back of his head.

They all nodded, and went on their way but not before giving him another strange look.

He stepped out onto the white powder, feeling a spring in his steps. He stretched out his virgin limbs and fell spread eagle backwards.

He landed with a thump but the soft powder cushioned his fall.

He sighed once more and grinned while making a snow angel.

///"Bit! Please wait up! Don't leave me!"///

Bit sat up and stared around his surroundings, " Its that voice again," He thought. "Leena." He called out not receiving an answer.

///"Bit! Come Back!"///

Bit was frantic, on the verge of fainting, I might add. He probably would have if he wasn't sitting.

"Who's there?" Bit commanded. "Calm down Bit." He mused to himself.

///"Bit! Please stop!"///

The girly voice sounded like it was crying now. Bit got to his feet and looked around him. He scanned the area, trying to figure out which direction the voice was coming from but it was all around him, echoing deeply.

///"Bit stop being a meany-head! I'm gonna tell!!"///

"Now I know I've been spending to much time around radioactive Zoid parts," Bit stated trying to calm himself. His heart was beating wildly, his blood rushed wildly, through his veins building up an inevitable momentum.

Soft palid beads of sweat trickled down his brow; a soft giggle caught his attention.

Up the angelic white path, he saw a small childish figure, a boy, around 7 or 8, with blonde hair disappearing over the small hill. He was running convulsed with laughter.

Bit's first instinct was to chase the boy, wondering if he got away from his parents or something. "Poor parents must be worried sick." Bit reasoned.

"Hey kid wait up!!!" Bit yelled dashing after him.

Another giggle was his response. Few minutes later, almost winded out, Bit caught up to the small effervescent boy.

The child had stopped in the clearing. He was scratching the back of his head and laughing.

"Hey kid you shouldn't be running around like that!!! You could get lost ya know!!!" Bit said sternly still trying to catch his shortened breath.

The mini-blonde paid no attention to him at all but continued grinning. His emerald green eyes twinkling with excitement.

"I'm talking to ya kid, you could answer ya know." Bit spouted.

Still the lad ignored him. He stared as if Bit did not exist in that caramel filled world of his.

Bit waved a hand in front of the boy, but no slightest blink. This certainly was odd.

"What the…?"

As if by cruel ironical enchantment, the world swirled around Bit. Even the ground waved under his feet.

"What's going on?!" Bit screamed. A moment later it all stopped as if nothing even begun.

But it was different. Everything.

The snow covered bare, winter stricken trees were replaced by pine trees with the pepper lights of a variety of colours, spewn all over them. Bit stared in utter amazement as if he'd just stepped into space surrounded by beautiful stars.

The padded earth beneath him changed to freshly shoveled walkway with statues of rare Zoids linings its path to a familiar but distant setting.

Bit sucked in a harsh breath.

A grand Southern mansion stood in the background gaily lit by Christmas lights and other elaborate decorations.

" Gods…"He breathed, feeling uncontrollable ton of nostalgia overcome him. He looked down on the boy, in front of him.

"It's not possible…?" He started.

But he was cut off when a blur of yellow ran clean through him. Literally.

///"Oh Bit! Don't do that again! You hear!"///

The small lass, whom was huddled onto the smaller lad, whined.

"It can't be…" Bit muttered.

///"Okay I promise I won't do it neva again. I was just kidding around." The blonde boy said.///

Bit gasped stepping back a little, he instantly recognized that voice. How could he have been so blind? The eyes, the hair, the everything. It was himself. Himself but as a kid at age 8.

"I remember this now, it was Christmas eve and I was playing outside with my …." It just then dawned him.

He was staring at his sister.

His little sister as a child. She was 2 or 3 years younger than he was at that time.

"M.J. … " He breathed, as his emerald eyes glinted with tears.

//"Lets go back before Mom starts to worry." The younger Bit said holding his sister's hand and leading them home.//

//"Okay. But can we make a snowman after we dinner? Pwease." She asked cutely her ruby puppy eyes being a most outstanding feature.//

///"Okay."///

Then as suddenly as the illusion came it left. Taking the beautiful pine scenery, The younger Bit and his sister with it.

"Bit Cloud!!!" Leena called out once more to her teammate who was staring at air like a zombie.

"Bit!!!" She yelled, annoyed to boot, stepping on his foot.

"Ouch!" Bit howled almost crying tears.

"What did I do now?!!!!" Bit yelled through his sobs.

"What the hell is wrong with you!!!" the fuming female yelled aiming to hit him over the head.

"Nothing. Can't a guy take a walk in peace?" Bit lashed ducking from the fist.

"Bit, I was calling your name for about 2 minutes and you stood there like a zombie or whatever!!!!" She said preparing hit him again.

Bit skillfully caught her hand and held it tightly. Leena sighed trying to calm herself.

"Well, what do you want?" Bit asked sharply.

"Well excuse me Johnny Sunshine, I just wanted to tell you your dinner was ready, Sheesh." She said sarcastically before storming off. Leaving Bit to himself again.

"I'll never understand her." Bit mused staring at the spot the images of his past were previously standing.

"I miss you all so much." He soliloquized. "I wish things didn't have to be this way."

He turned his back on everything years ago, he could do it again. He would continue running from everything he ever once knew, until day he died.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I wanted to write you a letter

My love

A letter to tell

Of this longing

To see you

And this fear

Of losing you

Of this thing which goes deeper than I want, I feel

A nameless pain which pursues me

A sorrow wrapped about my life.

-Antonio Jacinto

~~~^^^^^^^~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^~~~~~~~~~

I'm thinking of making this a one chapter fic. What do you think? You want me to continue or just leave it as is?

If I continue, you'll see the point of the Tittle `Hitchin' Bit'. If not I'll have to change the tittle. Oh well, what goes must go.

Review please.

PLEASE!!!!! BE NICE!!!!