Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Need Suggestons for a Title ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Leon said you would be here." called Naomi as she climbed out of her gun sniper, walking towards the river Brad was sitting on the bank of. Brad just shrugged and looked back at the river. "What are you doing here? Aren't you going on the trip with the rest of the team?"
"No, they are just going to visit family. Bit is tagging along because he has nothing else to do and Jamie is meeting his dad up there. I feel like relaxing for awhile. We just won three days ago and I still need to fix the Shadow Fox. Anyways, they already left."
"Oh, well mind if I join you. Leon went with them so I have no reason to go back yo the base." Again Brad shrugged and Naomi sat down beside him. They sat in silence for sometime till Brad Broke the silence.
"You have anything planned for the two weeks the will be gone?"
"No," Naomi answed suspicially, "why?"
"Well," said Brad pausing for a moment, "there still is an extra room at the base and well I wouldn'y mind having someone else there."
"Hey, why not. I don't have anything better to do anyways. Its so peaceful here. Its like I could fall asleep and never want to wake up." said Naomi as she rested her head on Brad's shoulder, hoping he wouldn't mind. He didn't and after the initial shock, placed an arm around her.
* * *
The next day, Naomi arrived at the Blitz Team base around noon. She walked her gun sniper into the base to find Brad working on his Shadow Fox.
Brad didn't notice the sniper pilot walk over to him. He looked up, jumped a little, then closed the leg panel he was working on. "Hey." he said calmly. He had learned to stay calm when talking to anyone, but he still felt awkward talking to her.
"Hey, figure out what's wrong with him?" asked Naomi indicating the Shadow Fox.
"Not yet, the sights are still off by about meters and I can't seem to fix it, also the tension in the left hind leg keeps going off." Advetting his gaze from the Fox to Naomi Brad had a small smile play across his lips. "What about your sniper, did I mess it up too bad when I shot you down?" asked Brad with amusment in his voice.
"Ha, ha. No, you didn't do too much damage. Your shots were off." They both just stood there smiling from their own amusment.
"Like I've said before, you are a hard person to figure out. You seem to have two different personalities."
"How so?"
"Well, when you are around your team mates or Leon, you are solum and keep mainly to yourself. But,"says Naomi pushing her finger into his chest, "when you are around me, you are a total different person. More...um... lets say open and caring. One hard man to figure out."
Brad just shrugs with a straight face. He turns and walks towards the door. After a few steps he stops and looks over his left shoulder. "I'm getting lunch, you hungry?"
Naomi slowly shakes her head, "Just proving my point." she says with a laugh. "Sure, I'll join you."
Brad nods his head and continues to walk towards the door with Naomi right behind him.
* * *
Lunch consisted of some slighttly burned grilled cheese and not surprisingly, coffee. After lunch was over, Brad showed Naomi to her room for the next two week, then went to the hanger to continue working on his Shadow Fox. A few hours later, Brad walked into the lounge towel drying his hair after a much needed show to fing Naomi reading a book. "Hey, feel better?" asked Naomi as Brad plopped down next th her on the couch with the towel now hanging around his neck.
"Hum." Brad said with a shrug before closing his eyes and leaning his head back ontohis arms. "What time is it?"
"I'd say, about 3:30, 3:45, why?
"No reason."
"So, how has life been at the bade since you guys won? Everything must be crazy."
"Yah it has. Jamies been trying to pay off all the teams debts. Docs been trying to buy more models. And well, Bit and Leena have just been acting weird. Honestly, I think that are flirting with each other."
"Naomi let out a small laugh. "Are you serious? Then they must be acting weird." Brad lifted hid head and smiled at Naomi. Naomi's face straightened and she gave Brad odd look. "What'ls so funny?"
"Nothing, just never heaerd you laugh before." he closed his eyes and returned to his former position before adding. "It sounds nice."
Naomi ws completely taken back by this comment and didn't move or say anything for a few minuets. When she did regain herself, she brought her attention back to the neglected book.
After about twenty minutes of silence, Naomi realized Brad had fallen asleep. 'Well at least he doesn't snore, unlike Leon.' Naomi thought before using one of his arms, which were noe hanging loosly at his side, as a pillow and joined Brad in a short nap. When she awoke, she could smell some sort of fish coming from the kitchen. Naomi now had ablanket over her and a pillow under her head. She neatly folded the blanket and placed it at the end of the couch with the pillow at the end of the couch. She got up and walked to the kitchen to see what was going on. She walked into find Brad pulling some type of fish out of the oven.
"I didn't know you know how to cook anything besides sandwhiches." said Naomi as Brad placed the fish on the table.
"Merrconaries just don't only eat out of cans, everyday. Though in my opinion, this tastes better on an open fire. Anyways, Jamie does all the cooking here."
They are dinner in realative silence. Naomi perodicly looked up and usaully found Brad looking back at her. When dinner was over, Naomi offered to clean up, but Brad told her just to go relax. naomi got up and went back to the lounge to continue reading. Brad soon joined her and they played a few games of vertual Zoids Battle. After they got bored because neither could seem to beat the other, they relocated to the couch and turned on the TV. "This two month off after the world cup is going to be very dull. Not even class B or C teams can fight and all thats on TV is BackDraft this and Blitz Team that."
"Yah, if Doc's head gets any bigger, it might explode." Brad said while he continued to flip through channels before stopping at a show that was replaying battles from the Royal Cup.
"I didn't know judges made those types of mistakes." said Naomi after seeing the Zaber Fangs do belly flops when called the Fuzzy Panda's. After that it was the Viper Team vs. the Wolves Team witht eh Wolves Team vs. the Stealth team next. These battles are so predictable. You can usaully guess what is going to happen. Watch, the Stealth team is going to win because th eWolves Team is already damaged and they don't have heat sensors."
"Hum, you know that because you already saw this battle. They have been airing this for the last two days."
"Aw, you ruined my fun." said Naomi jokenly as she nudged him with her elbow. "Did you ever notice how most of these teams never go into one on one combat? They alwys fight as one and it is usaully their downfall."
The next battle showed up and it happened to be the Fluegal Team vs. the Blitz Team. "Hum didn't expect to see this battle again. You still going to hold up your part of the bargain?" asked Brad putting an arm around Naomi.
"We'll see." Naomi answered befor eleaning against Brad and continuing to watch the battles.me reveiws. I wrote this story during school only so I will only be written when I have time but I will- try my hardest to get as much as I can each day.a.k.a. Kazk