Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ When In Doubt ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: When in doubt

Story: One shot again! Eh. They’re good for blockage.

Reason: …*snicker*…

 

 

Thomas watched the proceedings with a passive curiosity, tilting his head in wonder at the spectacle in front of him. He stood in the mid day sun, out on a strip of hot pavement in front of the open hanger, staring in bemused amazement at the scene playing out in front him. He had only come out to see if they still wanted help, they had said they’d need him, but now he wasn’t quite sure what they wanted him to do, or if he’d be willing to do it. He rubbed a hand absently on the rough edges of his short cutoffs, idly pulling at threads that came loose. He was sure he’d been standing there for several minutes, but he couldn’t bring himself to move. Even his brilliant mind couldn’t compute this in so short a time.

He was vaguely aware of the familiar presence that drew up beside him, but didn’t turn to him. They stood together for a good few minutes, just staring.

“ What are they doing?” The deep voice rumbled.

Thomas stared for a few more minutes before answering.

“ I don’t know….but it looks,” He blinked at the scene, “ painful…sorta.”

He looked up at his big brother with wonder in his large green eyes. Karl raised an eyebrow at the look directed his way.

“ They’re your friends Thomas.”

Thomas blinked.

“ Are you sure?” His own eyebrow rose and he looked back at the scene. “ I mean, well, they look like them and all….but..”

They returned to staring in awe at what was playing out before them. Thomas stood shockingly still as his eyes followed the targets, small sounds of mystification coming from his right. He chewed distractedly on his bottom lip, still trying to figure out the oddity going on in front of him. His eyes widened exponentially, a hand clapped sharply over them.

“ Wow. I hope that’s not what they wanted me to do.”

A slender hand rose to pull at the larger one covering his eyes when his brother didn’t budge.

“ C’mon Karl, you’re looking.”

“ Higher rank.”

“ This isn’t a military practice.”

“ I’m older.” Came the distracted retort. He was sure he heard a ‘ perhaps it should be’ following that, but it was too low.

Thomas pouted under the hand, not quite sure if he should be relieved or annoyed. This could be potentially scarring. Deciding to forgo maturity, since it had pretty much no place in this bizarre scene, he pushed his tongue from between pink, bite wetted lips, and licked the finger that was extended just below his nose.

The hand whipped from his face, baring his eyes to everything once more. Thomas wasn’t sure if he should put it back or not. He’d need counseling after this he was sure, at least if he kept trying to figure it out. Why had he come out here again? He couldn’t remember.

A hand wiped at his shorts, but he paid it no mind as he was finally caught sight of and jovial hands waved him over. He stood there in puzzlement until he heard a rip. He blinked, coming out of his trance and looking down at his hip where the noise had come from. He giggled a the muttered ‘oops’ that came from his brother. Karl’s ring and caught on his ripped seam and torn the thin fabric even more. A slit ran from the hem to his narrow hip.

“ Well, might as well join them now.” He laughed at the wide eyed look on his brothers face.

Giggling excitedly Thomas took hold of the fabric and ripped it all the way around, doing the same for the other side, and ran laughing out to his friends, short shorts now much shorter. He splashed in the water running freely in small rivers from the epicenter of activity.

Karl stood back and watched in amusement and bafflement as his little brother nearly skipped into the spraying water. He watched with a little alarm as a soaked tee shirt went flying, baring a slender torso. Smiling Karl shook his head. He’d never seen a zoid washed quite like this.