Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ ZOIDS 20th Century ❯ The Characters Revealed ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue: The Characters Revealed

The light shone in her bright green eyes as she stared out the window while listening to Mrs. Hamburger drone on about balancing equations. Kiada sighed and thought to herself `I wish I was back with them.' She remembered the day she left perfectly…::flashback::

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Dr. D said, switching on the contraption that would send Kiada back to a dimension she knew too well. Kiada looked around at her friends: Irvine, Moonbay, Van, Fiona, Zeke, and her liger zero. She would never see them again. She turned away trying to hold back her tears. "Im sure." She answered quietly. The machine whirled and swooned. The earth shook beneath them. Then, right in front of them, a large swirling circle of colors appeared. "Alrite. Just step through." Dr. D said. Kiada took one last look. "Good…bye." She said stepping through the vortex. ::return to present::

`I had to come back. This dimension is where I belong. But I cant help but think im missing something.' "Serori?" Kevin asked turning around after she didn't take the papers he was passing back. "Hm? Oh, sorry Kevin." She said grabbing the lab papers. (Serori=Kiada) Derek sat in the next row, ranting about his favorite car. Kiada rolled her eyes and started doing her homework. Derek was the average class clown with blonde hair and blue eyes. Kevin was yer typical ROTC guy with a military type cut, light brown hair and blue eyes. Kiada waited impatiently for the clock to strike 11:24 so she could get to her next class. ::BRING:: Kiada darted outside into the cold winter air, standing in front of the classroom where her friends were stuck in. Finally Katie came out and they waited for Kristen to round the corner.

"So, whats new with you Serori?" Katie, her best friend, asked. "well.." Kiada began. "I've been thinking." She said looking down at the puddles of water on the pathway. "Oh, that's never good." Kristen said joking. "Actually, its just that im sick of this." She turned her attention toward the sky, watching the droplets of water falling. "Sick of what?" Katie asked, curiously. "Well-" Kiada was cut off by the bell. "Tell us at lunch k? Bye" Katie and Kristen disappeared among the crowd of teenage students scrambling to get to class. Kiada sighed and walked into her algebra class to find Derek and Kevin being their usual goofy selves. Kiada walked past Derek to her seat in the back. They never really talked.

Kiada was lost in thought again. She finished her sentence in her head. `Im tired of this endless struggle. This struggle to do good in school, to look good for others, to try to fit in. It's boring and tiresome. When I was in the other dimension, there were adventures around every corner. Here there are only teenagers around every corner, pushing their way through.' She directed her attention to her notebook and started drawing chibis of the old gang. `Will I ever see them again? What have I done…'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

So, watcha think? This is my first fan fic of ZOIDS Chaotic Century. Its kinda boring rite now, but only cuz im introducing the characters. If you havent already got it, Kiada came from the ZOIDS dimension. She returned to `reality' as Serori becuz she wanted to find out where she belonged. Now she's stuck here and doesn't know if it was the right decision.

Next time on ZOIDS 20th Century: The real trouble begins. Something has entered Serori's dimension. Can she stop it? And what's this? Unexpected heroes. Hm..i wonder who it could be…Next time on ZOIDS 20th Century.