Fan Fiction ❯ 10 Minute Challenge ❯ Poker Challenge ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Yeah yeah I don't own FF8…. In response to Sweetdeily's 10 minute challenge….. write SOMETHING in 10 minutes and BAM you got a story … even if it's just a short one…. So this is the product of my imagination
 
*************************
 
"You wouldn't fucking believe it if it dropped on your ass and proceeded to screw you silly!" he nearly yelled at him, waving his arms in the air for emphasis.

"Yeah well, sorry I'm clueluss!" Squall retored.

"Anyway, it's true and you can ask Laguna!"

"Laguna? You did that with him?" he asked incerdiously, " you gotta tell me about this one!"

"Well," Irvine said, rubbing his chin, his gaze far off in space as he thought, "I could I suppose, we have some time before dinner." So he sat back on the bed in Squall's room, reaccounting the events of last night.

"It started of in the bar in Deling......"

***************

The neon lights flashed. Bodies pressed together, smoke filling the air from cigarettes.

"I still owe you don't I?" the cowboy asked, tipping his hat to hide his face.

"Yes you do," Laguna smiled across the table, his golden ring glinting from the table light that swung precariously above them. The music thundered in the room next to them.
"It's gotta be your hat this time." Irvine swore. Looking over the table at all he was losing in the game of poker they were playing.

"Either you're cheating, or you're too damn good!" he complained. He had lost everything in the game... all but his hat, and his dignity. Laguna smiled.

"Well, what's your bet?" he asked, fingering his chips.

"My damn hat... it's all I've got left....." And with that the now completely naked and rather peeved young man threw his hat on the table, midst the dollar bills and the rest of his clothes.

"What'd you say it's worth then?" the older man asked, flipping his black hair behind his head and thinking, sitting back in his chair. "I'll see you and raise you ten."

He threw in two twenties. Eyeing the money, and his hat, Irvine sighed. He knew he couldn't beat him.

"I fold," he sighed, giving in and throwing his cards down. He had a pair of twos. Laguna clucked.

"You can have one item of clothing left to walk out with, just because I'm generous!"
Laguna cooed. "Think it over." Irvine thought, looking at all the clothes he had put on the table.

"Dammit my hat is worth more than that 30 he threw down...." he thought seriously.

*************

"And that's how you wound up here with only your hat on your head?" Squall asked.

"Well, we played one more hand anyway... I had one more thing to bet, or I'd have been here a couple hours ago. Squall looked puzzled.

"What'd you bet then?" he asked, suspiciously.

"My body," the cowboy replied with a weak smile, "and I lost that hand too!" Squall shook his head.
 
************
 
Please leave reviews for me ;_; please?