Fan Fiction ❯ 2sided ❯ twosided ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In a dark room, a young girl lay tossing and turning. Her dreams disturbed. She cried out. "NOOOO PLEASE!" The images too intense for her frail body. "GO AWAY! What do you want?" Her body trembled. She sat up, cold dark eyes peering into the darkness. "YOU" Limply, she fell back into her bed, asleep.


TWOSided

The young Aileen walked through her daily schedule with little to no difference. Her nightmare had greatly disturbed her, there were images that would never leave her being now. Things seemed so normal after so many vivid things had flashed through her mind. She pondered on these things when...
"Hey wait for ME!" a strong tenor voice rang out from behind her. "Aileen, hey wait!" Her close friend Alden ran up to her as she stopped. "Wow, you sure hauled out of there today..... Hey what's wrong? You seem different, almost distant." He looked down at her, his bright emerald eyes shinning in the mid-day sun.
She thought a moment. "No. Nothing's wrong. I'm fine."
"You got that right." Alden said with a grin. His grin seemed to spread from ear to ear.
"ALDEN! That's not cool. Don't say that, you're making me blush." Her cheeks reddened as she spoke.
"HAhahahaha! Don't worry. I'm just playing with ya." He casually placed his arm around her shoulder. He felt her stiffen up. "Hey, what's up, you're all tense. Something's got to be wrong. Come on you can tell me." He looked down at her and dropped his arm. All he saw was the top of her black hair.
She looked down trying to hide from his stare. "Um...you wouldn't believe me. It's strange." She stopped walking as he past her, and continued to stare at the ground.
Alden turned around to look at her, and placed his hands on her arms. "And why wouldn't I, of all people, not believe you?" His look was of pure honesty mixed with his usual silliness. " Tell me."
"Well, last night...I...um...." Aileen stumbled along, not knowing how to say what had happened.
"Go on." Her best friend pushed.
"Um…" she began to tremble "lastnightIhadthisreallyweirdandgorydream. (breath) AndinthedreamIkilledsomeone." She decided it would be easier to get it out quickly. She looked up at Alden. His eyes were calm and clear.
"Oh" was all he said. "So that's what's got you all tensed up. Ok. let's head home, I think our parents are going to get worried. It's nearly sunset." He once again placed his arm around her.
They walked in friendly silence. No one talked. Aileen felt his embrace tighten from time to time. As they neared the apartment building they both lived in, he stopped, and turned to her.
"Aileen," his voice was quiet as he whispered her name.
"Yes?" She stared into his beautiful eyes.
"Don't give in. Be strong." His lips moved against hers, in a gentle kiss." You have to stay strong."
In that moment as they kissed all Aileen could think about was how angelic Alden looked with his blonde hair in the setting sun.

The air was cool as the sun set on the young couple. A shadowed figure stood watching the two as they went into the apartment building.

--------------------------------------------------------


Aileen walked into her famliy's apartment, her cheeks still flush from the intimate kiss she had shared with her friend just moments ago.
"Aileen, honey, come help mommy with the dishes." The sing-song voice of her mother resenated from the kitchen.
Sighing, Aileen walked into the kitchen. I hate washing the dishes!pessimistic thoughts filled her mind as she took up the dish towel her mother offered her.
"So? How was your day, dear?' her mother inquired.
Aileen almost droped the plate she was drying. "Well, um , it waas good, i guess." was all she could manage to say without turning a bright shade of red.
"Oh." was all the matriarch of the Bryend clan said.

"Night night honey!" Aileen's mother called out.
"Night mom." Aileen walked into to her dark room and fliped the switch.
"BOOOOOM!" thunder booms
"Dammit, I hate lightning!" She quiickly showered and dressed for the night.
As she curls up into her bed and drifts off into sleep she wisphers "Please don't let there be any more dreams." Lightning flashes and the thunder rolls.

The dreams come, and plaque her worse than before. The images are clear and macabar. There will be no more respite from the images, for they will no longer be blurred and dull. They shine with a meloncholy brightness that seems to grow in intensity and depth. Blood stains every image. She is fed the grusome vision of her love mutilated and drowning in his own blood, all the while a dark figure stands looking down at him with a feindish smile curlling their lips. A blade is cradled in their palm. It seems to glow as the black red of blood dripps off the deadly sword. The sky seems to mourn as it rains to clean away the horrid mark of death. All she can do is stand, helpless and watch.
Her scream ripped through her throat as it fought to be heard. The keening sound of anguish could touch the heart of the dead. The tears that ran down her face felt like fresh blood burning at her cheeks. She cradled her head in her hands, crying. Uncontrolable sobs tore at her frame as the vision of Alden's dead body was imprinrted in her scyche. Finally, her sobs abaited, and she began to think aloud.
"Why me, why must i see these thing, am i, evil?" Her voice sounded raw from the scream.
"No my dear, YOU, are most deffinatly not evil." A voice that sounded as old as time but as livly as a newborn came out of the darkness.
"Who, what, what the hell is going on here! Where are you? Who are you, and what do you want!?" Aileen's voice sounded unsure as she peered out into the darkness.
" I am here, for I must be somewhere, becuase no one can be nowhere. As for who I am and what I want let it sufice to say that I am here to help." The dissimbodied voice seemed to soften, a little.
Aileen turned to face the wall oppisite her bed, for she was sure the voice was coming from on top of her desk."What do you mean by 'help'?" She left the question in her raw voice.
The room lit up as lightning filled the room. In the strange eerie light Aileen could she the owner of the until now disimbodied voice. The lips of the, obviously old woman speak in some unknown tounge, so quickly it was almost inperhensable. The room remained filled with light even as the thunder boomed outside the window.
"Well now, let me see." The old woman looked into her eyes." I have SEEN you, and the phantoms of your dreams. i have come to make a propasetion."
Now that she could see clearly, Aileen was taken back by the sight of the withered old woman. She had wrinkles like the bark of a tree, but her eyes glowed like the moon in a pool of green crystal. She found that she could not look away, "Whats the proposition?"
She found that her voice rang clear and true in the thundering silence that threatened to drown all of those unfortunate to hear is clear ring.
"I want only to train you."
Aileen gazed at the old woman. Cloud-like white hair framed her wisened features, as she peered out with ageless eyes. Most of her hair wastie up on the top of her head. She sat upon the desk in a white robewhile holding a bronze staff." There is an evil awakening in the city, an evil one has never seen the likes of before. If this evil awakens all will be lost, and the world will be over run by darkness."
"What the hell do I have to do with that?"
"You must stop it."
"Why me! Im not some kind of warrior."
"Yes you are. And stop speaking like that to your elder." The old woman's voice turned cold." The visisons you have are becuase of your destiny. The fate of all the world depends on you."
The old woman looked out the window,"It grows stronger every day time is short."
"You mist make your desision soon."
"NO! I will not, you cannot make me! I will not work with you." A voice not of her own spoke thuogh her.
The old woman seemed to cower." fine, when you make your choise i will come."
The lightning fell away and night took over the room.

Not far away another clocked figure watched. "DAMN."