Fan Fiction ❯ 7 ❯ So it begins... ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Many years ago, it started. First it swept the valleys of the west, and then it crept through to the mountains of the east. A battle of both deadly and supernatural proportions. The fight between human, sin, and virtue has raged since man first stepped on the virgin soil of Mehailin.
At first the battle began slowly. Little disputes about territory were the earliest problems, and then it began growing to more complicated matters. Soon sin began seeping deeper into the hearts of man. Every heart has darkness; because of this it is easy for sin to creep I into men’s hearts. The only ones left to protect man, were the virtues, the defenders of man, animal, and all involved with them. Feeling like slaves to both sides, man began fighting to defend their dignity and to prove they need neither virtue or sin. They can coexist without them.
The battle has waged on for a millenia already, all sides have become exhausted, but they must all continue to battle.
“Arrg! Please tell me that we don’t have to go out looking for them!” Walter cried as he grabbed his gun and plopped himself on a seat next to his fiancée Holly.
“Look I don’t like this anymore than you, but those damn…things have to go. We all want this to end.” David said.
“And who the hell put you in charge? I don’t remember picking Senor Stick-Up-the Ass as a leader. Do you?” Walter ranted, agitated about their predicament. They had been fighting for six straight days with little to no supplies and many of them were getting tired. At the beginning there were twenty-seven of them. All in their prime, none over thirty-five, and none under sixteen. After the six days five left, and seven were killed. It looked as if more would leave. After so much time at battle, many of the descendents of the first warriors who began to battle the supernatural beings, have began to give up. Many have lost any hope of ever being free of the Virtues or the Sins. Walter was one of them. All he wanted was to just live and have a family with his fiancée.
“Guys, cut it out! We’re picking up a strong spiritual energy heading in our direction. It’s coming from the Oasis of Orfin. I can’t identify if it’s the Sins or the Virtues.” Kit said from his place on the ship. The ship was a large and quite hi-tech piece of machinery. It was silver on the outside, so it would reflect the sky and camouflage with it’s surroundings. It was named Astrole, after the greatest warriors their world had ever known.
“Wewnair can you and Nuiows get out the back-up artillery?” David asked the two graceful beings beside him. Wewnair and Nuiows were Merkloi. Tall, fair beings with pointed ears, small fangs, lavender eyes, and flawless skin. They were beautiful in virtually every aspect. They were natives of the planet, but rarely left their homes in the cold mountains of Burako. Though beautiful beings they were powerful fighters and possessed immense strength and agility. Nearly immortal, they lived ten times as long as any human. Though if they are killed they would transform into large cat-like beast with little to no control of their actions.
Wewnair and Nuiows are brother and sister and were pulled into the battle because of the chaos that sin had imposed upon their village. Both angered their once peaceful, mystic home was now destroyed. So to war they went.