Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond the Years ❯ Learning and Wondering ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Blinks* I made it to the fourth chapter………I made it to the fourth chapter! Yahoo! Again. I own my characters………that's it………so you can't sue me………So there!

~*Chapter 4*~

"Wait a minute! So what you're saying is that there ARE ThunderCats in this area, besides ourselves? And you didn't tell us?" Lion-o questioned, a mystified look stretched across his face as he felt a ripple of shock run across his face.

"You must understand, Lion-o, the young woman has only been seen once in a blue moon, as well as the children that accompany her. It was hard enough to identify her as a ThunderCat, especially since she was reported to be wear human clothes."

"Children? What do they look like? And human clothes? What do you mean Angora? What do they look like?" The female galaxy cop sighed in frustration as she battled both of the young Lord's excitement and frustration as she tried to give him as much information as she could within the boundaries of the law. She had been discussing this particular topic with the ThunderCat for the last half an hour, and did not seem to be getting anywhere.

"Lion-o. Calm down. NOW. Or I'll take you in for disturbing the peace. Now as to you're questions. The young lady had two children and a snarf with her. The species were not discernable, but they were positively identified as ThunderCats. The witnesses reported that details could not be obtained because it was dark at the time. The only details were of the young lady's clothes. It was reported that she wore human clothes, a black T-shirt, blue jeans, boots, and a red fighter pilot's jacket." She took a deep breath. "That's all I can tell you. If you find her, report it in. You can go after her, but she hasn't broken the law in anyway, so I can't. And Lion-o?"

"Yes, Angora?"

"Good luck………"

Lion-o nodded to the young officer, sighing as he turned and walked away slowly. Thoughts filled his head as he processed the new information in which he had just received. Not only were there ThunderCats SEEN on Third Earth and reported to the local police, but sightings matching Jaguara's description were reported. There was also the startling news from Cheetara's premonition that took everyone by surprise. Jaguara was ON Third Earth and as far as the psyche Thundarian knew, Jaga's daughter was still alive. Now the only matter with this recent news was to find her. Lion-o sighed, but he smiled, relishing the thought that he would once again see his long lost playmate.

"I wonder………" Lion-o started, only to be jarred roughly from his thought by a strangely familiar chuckle. His eyes widened for a split second before narrowing dangerously. "That's Monkyian………So the mutants are near by………I wonder what they're up to………" With a final mutter of suspicion, the young Lord of the ThunderCats crept through the foliage, pawing carefully at the ground as to not alert the mutants that came into his line of sight.

~*~

The mutants snickered to themselves as they watch the two young Thunderkittens before them, glancing around as they collected various fruits amongst the bushes and carefully placing it into their half filled basket. The Thunderkittens, though careful, were enjoying themselves. To the three mutants behind them, the children were considered easy prey. Mum-Ra would be very pleased, especially if they, the mutants, could perform such an easy task so quickly for the mystified mummy, ensuring their positions in the graces of the un-dead corpse. The task was considered simple for the mixture of hybrid animals. They were to capture the adopted children of the ThunderCat female called Jaguara as mentioned by the unknown man.

~*~

"Bangalore?"

"Yes Malison?"

"Is Jagger going to be O-tay?"

Bangalore smiled softly at the young girl who had molded herself into his little sister. The young kitten knew something was bothering the fore mentioned ThunderCat, but years of living with Jaguara had taught him to distinguish various signs in his mentor and adopted mother. The current sign told the child that Jaguara did not wish to be questioned on what all in the house knew. Letting out a low sigh, Bangalore smiled while trying to hide what he knew from the young child. "Jaguara is going to be just fine Malison. She's just tired from the Thundarian crystal and she misses her family and friends back on Old Thundaria. She'll be as good as new by the time dinner rolls around……….I hope………"

~*~

The rushing water could be heard next to her as the cool water splashed on her hot face, her eyes closed as she leaned on the smooth stones in the lee of the waterfall. From this position, no one could see her unless they traveled along the pounding shower of water. From this position Jaguara could debate and reorganize her thoughts after a long day or a hard blow had been struck to her. The young Thunderian woman sat pondering as she fingered her necklace, one that resembled a collar with a circular object that hung limply across her chest. Her father had warned her of power from the necklace that was still yet to be seen. That time had presented it in her mind as she found herself idly remembering her fifth year alive. Her father, the invincible Jaga, had claimed that the necklace belonged to her mother and was now hers. Jaguara muttered incoherently to herself in a low whisper, one that could only be heard if one placed their ear next to her lips. It was a song. A live powered song that was taught to her be a mystery woman when Jaguara was but an infant.

Ooh hey, yeah

Hush, just stop
There's nothing you can do or say, baby
I've had enough
I'm not your property as from today, baby
You might think that I won't make it on my own
But now I'm...

Stronger than yesterday
Now it's nothing but my way
My loneliness ain't killing me no more
I'm stronger

The young woman stood upward silently, still singing to her self.


Than I ever thought that I could be, baby
I used to go with the flow
Didn't really care 'bout me
You might think that I can't take it,
but you're wrong
'Cause now I'm...

Stronger than yesterday
Now it's nothing but my way
My loneliness ain't killing me no more
I'm stronger

Defiantly, even to herself, Jaguara walked home, the sun sinking in front of her as she picked up speed and followed, chasing lasting sunbeams along her path as she headed to her dwelling. A few hours of daylight remained before she truly needed to return home, but a persistent feeling tugged with all its might at the back of her mind. Return home was all it said. Return home and protect………


Come on, now
Oh, yeah

Here I go, on my own
I don't need nobody, better off alone
Here I go, on my own now
I don't need nobody, not anybody
Here I go, alright, here I go

Stronger than yesterday
Now it's nothing but my way
My loneliness ain't killing me no more
I'm stronger

~*~

Mum-Ra paced eagerly beside his pool of watery filth as one dead eye lolled across its surface, feeding the mystified mummy information of things he wished to see and of the importance of this Thudarian woman. The water churned and rippled, trying to locate her in all time and place, bringing several issues to light that had not been previously planned into the equations. Doubts began to surface as he followed her through her life, until an image captured his line of sight.

The image of a faceless girl in fearsome white was protecting Lion-o as a child. The image defended the young barbarian lord from an unseen enemy before a smaller, brighter light came from to view in its pale hands. The small ball grew larger and no more could be seen until it faded out and the water swirled, revealing the young Lion-o to awaken to his playmate, also a child, and asking pathetically on the occurrences of the strange event. The girl smiled softly to the redheaded boy and whispered slowly that they had received help from "someone special." A hand appeared on her shoulder revealing Jaga amongst the background, confirming the events that he had recently told his own daughter when she had awoken. Mum-Ra spun to face the pool immediately, his crimson cape fluttering in the windless pyramid, as he barely caught the answer to Lion-o's next question. He watched with eagle eyes as Jaga, the rational hero of Old Thundaria, smiled and informed the young lord that if he wished to see the white maiden again, he should keep Jaguara with him.

Mum-Ra smirked in the darkness, the glowing eyes of the ancient spirits watching him closely as the wrapped figure threw his head back and cackled his evil laugh, quenching any doubt he had, and forcing the black crows along the grounds of the pyramid to scatter along the four winds.