Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Keeper - Revised ❯ Mysterious Paper ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay! I have a very special announcement. Dragon Keeper is being re-written! Hold it! Before you start beating the pulp out of me, let me explain. The reason I have to re write it is due to: Jessica, Johnathan, and Renee leaving our little circle of friends. They are being replaced by some other friends from school, Beckah, Phoebe, and Matt. Also, I will be adding another friend as a bonus: Lyndsay, but she won't appear until I'm a few chapters into the story. Another thing is that I'll be extending the chapters in length. There will also be a bunch more changes, but you'll just have to read and find out about `em yourself. ^_^
 
 
Shawn comes down the steps of the library to find his friends crowded around a table off to the left side of the library. As he gets closer, he notices that they're all looking at an old worn out piece of paper, which is placed in the center of the table. While his friends are distracted, he sneaks up behind the closest one, Elora, and pokes her in the sides causing her to yelp. Elora turns around and lashes out her leg aiming for his shin, but is stopped as Shawn grabs her leg and holds it up at waist level. With one of Elora's legs hoisted up in the air, she is forced to hop around on one foot as Shawn walks over to Matt.
 
“What are you looking at?” Shawn asks, leaning over causing Elora to have to grab the head of a person at another table to keep from falling over.
 
“It's something Karen's parents brought back from her grandma's house when the went to Ohio to pick up her things.” Matt replies.
 
Recently, Karen's parents went to her grandmother's house. A few months before, her grandmother had fallen and had to be taken to the hospital. She had become weak from her age and from not eating right, thus, she could no longer live by herself in Ohio. So Karen's parents went to Ohio to get the rest of her things and sell the house so she could move in with Karen's family.
 
“Why'd she have something like this?” Shawn asks, motioning with his head to the paper. The paper is old and torn some along the edges. The text on the paper is not English, but Japanese.
 
“Dad says it's something from his dad's side of the family.” Karen says, looking up at Shawn, “He said that it's been in his family for generations.”
 
“Your dad doesn't look Japanese.” Shawn says, letting go of Elora's leg, causing her to lose balance and fall over, taking the guy she was holding the head of down as well. Elora jumps up and konks Shawn on the head.
 
“Meh,” Karen shrugs, “Who knows.”
 
“Hey, Shawn?” Beckah asks.
 
“What?” Shawn asks, giving Elora a kick in the shin.
 
“Don't you have a book which teaches you Japanese?”
 
“Yeah.” Shawn replies.
 
“Can you translate it?” Phoebe asks, pointing at the paper.
 
“Grahh...” Shawn groans, “Fine.”
 
Shawn opens up his backpack and pulls out a book with one of those crappy black bindings that you can find at the dollar store and opens it up. He takes the paper from the middle of the table and begins to translate it. Unfortunately, right as he begins to read it, the bell for the start of school rings. Shawn takes the paper with him and works on translating it throughout the school day, unfortunately, he can only work on it in his free time in class (which is little to none), so he only gets about 7 to 8 words translated at the most per class.
 
Finally, the school day is over. Shawn and the others return to the library, they're on their way to go see a movie. (Shawn and Matt have to drive Karen, Elora, Phoebe, and Beckah around because they have cars AND their licenses X3 Bwahaha! Slave boys!)
 
“So, Shawn,” Beckah asks, “How far have you gotten in translating it?”
 
Shawn turns slowly, his eyes shadowed by his hair and an evil yellow star glint shines through.
 
“I... will... kill... you all...” Shawn growls, slowly and dangerously.
 
“... Is that really what it says?” Beckah asks.
 
Everyone stares at Beckah, sweatdrops on their heads.
 
“So, what was so bad about it?” Phoebe asks.
 
“That thing was really hard to translate!”
 
“Howzat?” Elora asks.
 
“Well? Look!” Shawn says angrily, shoving the paper in her face with little notes at the side, showing the translations of the characters.
 
“... Um... your point is?” She says, looking over the paper with an `as if I really care' look.
 
Shawn then kicks Elora in the shin, who then kicks Shawn in the knee, who then stomps on Elora's foot, who claws Shawn's neck with her razor sharp nails, who then twists her arm... okay... this is going to continue on for a while >_>
 
While Shawn and Elora continue in their `heated battle', Karen bends over and picks up the paper.
 
“What's it say?” Phoebe asks as she, Matt, and Beckah crowd around to look.
 
“It says... `Elements throughout the land, come together in thy hand. With faith and courage none will cease, if we believe in ourselves and our beliefs we keep.' ... hmm... what a weird poem.”
 
As Karen finishes, Beckah looks up and lets out a scream. As the others look up, they see a large beam of light shooting down from the ceiling, which engulfs all six friends. Before they know what's going on, they all pass out as the light picks them up and carries them off to another world.