Fan Fiction ❯ Earth's Reflection, My World ❯ That Special Place ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Seven:

That Special Place

How could Keurai not have known about his sister! And how could his father not have told him, or any of his other siblings about his finding! And why did he make Neouri, and her mother- one, and probably the last of the female cherilian- leave this world?

That partly explained why she had the gem. She was the only one who was able to have power over it. She was the only one with the power to.

So much questions ran through Keurai's mind.

But only one lingered.

How?

Eede's annoyed huff entered his head once more.

He glanced over to the disgruntled bloodhunter. Eede looked ready to kill Reyana as she sashayed around, swinging her hips, and catching eyes from the soldiers in the halls.

"Eede, did you know?"

"I told you didn't I?" Eede said. "I told you she transformed, remember when you sent her to the dungeons?"

Keurai nodded his head. "Do you know what she is?"
"No." Eede said, shaking his head.

"She is a cherilian." Keurai whispered so only Eede and Xel could hear him. "They are, in a way, like you bloodhunter's. Except, they had a human form first, and only when paired with one of my kind, will they achieve their ultimate form, the one you have seen Neouri in."

"Then, they are nothing like us." Xel growled, his eyes shining.

Reyana sighed. "What's the difference if she's a bloodhunter or a chillarian? She's gone, and that's all that matters. She didn't even win the tournament."

They had been sitting down in the meeting room on the round table. Keurai at the head, Xel on his left, Eede on his right, and Reyana at the other end. Six seats were empty, which left a lot of room between the three men, and Reyana.

Neouri had been gone since noon, and it was nearing sunset.

"So what does that mean?" Eede snapped. "She would have won it, if a certain someone hadn't called her a monster. She was absolutely beautiful!"

Reyana laughed. "She was hideous! Didn't you hear how the crowd screamed and ran! They all agreed with me."

"Excuse me." A new voice called from the door way.

It was Keurai's servant, the one who greeted guests at the door. He had gray hair, and warm brown eyes. He was usually organized, but looked disarrayed, his shirt a little roughed up, and sweat on his brow.

"Your highness," he said, his breathing heavy. "There is a stranger at the door. He says he knows your lady, and would like a chance to speak with her, and you. He also mentioned Sir Eede, and Sir Xel's names. Shall I let him in sir?"
"You damn well better let me in, you son of a-"

The sounded familiar, Eede smiled as soon as he heard it, and called out, "Vairon! Come on in!"

The elf that had fought Neouri in the final match walked in. He had dark hair, golden skin, and eyes to match. He washed his warrior paint off his face and chest, and wore a scowl as he charged in the room.

He wore fawn colored pants, that fit snugly on his muscles legs, and hung nicely on his trim hips. A sleeveless vest of the softest brown, hung to his knees, and was open, revealing his muscled abdomen and chest, and showing off his arms, quite flatteringly.

Eede looked amused, and so did Xel. Both wearing smiles on their lipp. Keurai looked curious, and Reyana looked panicked.

"I see this is a meeting, so I really must go."

"Good because I wouldn't be able to stay in the same room with you." Vairon snapped. "And your highness, I really must speak with you about your sister." He glared at Reyana as she made a hurried retreat.

Keurai leapt up. "Have you seen her?" Vairon studied his features. He looked hopeful, anxious to see her again he supposed.

Vairon shook his head. "I have not."

Keurai sat back down. "Pity." He murmured.

"Why are you not out looking for her?" Vairon questioned.

"I have sent my best men in search of her." Keurai defended, his face flushed.

"Then why are they still here?" Vairon pointed to Eede and Xel.

"Yes, why are we?" Eede asked.

"I was waiting until sunset." Keurai ansered logically. When the three other men occupying the room gave him puzzled looks, he explained a little more thoroughly. "I decided to give her a chance. If I sent these two out, it means I don't trust her on he own. If I send them out at dark, it means I care for her. You see?"
Vairon shook his head. "I'll search for her then."

Eede didn't like that. His face darkened, and he told his friend in an equally dark voice, "Do have a seat. Please."

Vairon didn't miss the true meaning.

So he, Eede, Xel, and Keurai waited until sunset.

Waiting for the moment they could look for Neouri.

Xel found her first.

He had followed the tracks, and found her by a large tree that overlooked the lake.

She had changed back into her human form, and was as naked as the day she was born.

She was lying on her stomach, her head on her upper, outstretched arms, and her legs sprawled over themselves as they too, stretched to the other root. Her eyes were closed, yet her cheeks were wet, he could smell the unmistakable scent of salt, and her lips were tilted in a frown.

He sighed. He understood. That was why when she called herself ugly.

Xel smiled to himself.

He walked from the path where he had seen her trail, to her sleeping form. They were alike, this, cherilian, and his kind. They had a hard time accepting themselves, even if they were beautiful to others.

Xel's face darkened when he got to her. It was the fate of all of his kind to be feared, hated, and taunted. They were bloodhunter's. They feasted on the blood of the living, but they never left their prey soulless, or dead. Just with an acute fear of living.

He was shaken from his thoughts when his keen ears heard her teeth chattering.

He removed his cape, and placed it over her, just before he picked her up. Her knees bent over his lower arm, her head nestled against his chest as he picked her up bridal style.

She moved against him. He looked down as he began to walk, and noticed she was looking at him with wide eyes, and an open mouth. She clutched his cape to her naked body, and made a small, "Eep!"

Xel smiled. "Found you." He whispered, before letting out a howl, that bordered a roar.

Vairon was well aware of the cherilian's gaze on him.

She had walked with Xel, the bloodhunter glaring at the back of her that was covered by his cape as it dragged on the floor of the castle. Both of them had just walked through the door, and were standing in the main room.

The main room was a large room where lounge chairs, couches, and beds that were just large pillows in corners, or at the foots of beds, were littered all around the room. The room was white, cerulean, and bright yellows.

Keurai was sitting on a seat, where Eede had teased him into sitting since he had paced around the room so much he nearly toppled over with dizziness.

Eede was on a couch. His back, neck, and head propped up on one of the many pillows strewn about the room. With his legs propped up sideways on the couch, one of Keurai's tamed beast's had it's head on his thighs.

The beast was soft brown, with splotches of black. It was the size of a bear, with the face of a lion, a mane of black around it's neck. It's snout came out like a wolf's though, and instead of claws that couldn't retract, it had long, dagger like claws that were sheathed in it's skin. Fangs hung out of it's massive jaws, and a tongue lolled out of it's mouth.

Vairon had also heard Xel's signal, and had come back to the mansion, and was on a chair, with his legs propped up on a leg rest, he lened back in his chair, and stared at the two as they walked in.

Reyana was in absence, Vairon's suspicion was she was in another mans bed.

Keurai put a mask of anger to cover the fear he had experienced when none of his men could find her.

Eede smiled his relief, and had not been afraid to hide his fear from Vairon, Keurai, or Xel until they were able to search for her.

Neouri was unaware of the turmoil she had caused.

She stood there, with a frown on her face. A mask to cover the fear, and rejection she was preparing herself for when they would mock her, and throw her from the mansion, from their care.

"You had me worried sick!" Keurai shouted it, as he leapt from his chair, stalking towards her.

Neouri blinked.

"Do you have any idea what could have happened to you!?" Keurai continued. "You could have been killed! You could have been hurt, your blood drained! Your mind, captured! Thieves could have stolen you, raped you, and sold you to Buurna!" He ranted on, and on, about other possibilities, and finished with a bang. He grabbed her shoulders, and held them tightly, as if afraid she would tun and flee from him again. His eyes were wild as he looked into hers, and said, "You're my sister! If you left me now, I feel as if I'll have failed at something! You are the only woman I have left to feel loyal to, to love freely." He nuzzled his forehead with hers, and everyone heard a small gasp. Ignoring it, the tenderness of this moment calling for complete silence.

Neouri's eyes widened. She had brothers, but they had never given their love loyalty, and concern as passionately as this. Though she had never known Keurai barely a week ago, she felt the same ferocious love, and loyalty, and concern for him.

Which was par of the reason she disliked the slutty Reyana.

Pretty, but slutty. She had to give Reyana the compliment, and insult.

Vance and Darien had been good brothers to her, but there was something that was missing from their eyes. Some quality that Keurai had made her heart warm, her eyes misted.

She cupped his face, and a feeling of warmth, and rightness shot through her.

This was her brother. He would always have her back, he would protect her from her demons.

"Thank you, my brother." She continued to tocuh him, his cheeks, his hair. Her warm touch ventured from his neck, to his arm, to his hands, where they twined, and she held his hand, squeezing it gently. "I thank you for all you give me. Some day, I will return it."

Keurai nodded.

She saw in his eyes then, He had left them unguarded, and she peered into tormented depths.

She took a deep breath as she drowned in those orbs of sorrow, loss, and pain.

Her grip tightened, and suddenly, everyone in the room vanished. They were drawn into their own little world. A world where stars were their pillows, the sky a bed, and their family love, and tenderness a warm blanket that protected them, just as they would die to protect the other.

That was when he realized it. When she realized it.

Keurai, and Neouri were two halves of a whole.

They were twins.