Fan Fiction ❯ Half Demons: Raven and Dante ❯ The New Titan ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The New Titan
 
After hearing the name Trigon the Titans lead Dante back to their tower, each saying next to nothing. When they had all arrived at the tower they took Dante upstairs for a meeting hoping to find answers on who he was, why he was here, what is his background and what not.
 
“So Dante where are you from?” asked Robin
 
“Centralia. It's in Nevada.”
 
“So what is it that you do; all we saw was your guns when you shot Wildebeest.”
 
“What is it that I do or What am I.”
 
“Either one just answer.” Raven said
 
“First tell us how it is you know about us.” Starfire said
 
“Yeah it seems a little strange that you know us, but we don't know you.” Beast Boy said
 
“I have my ways.”
 
“What are you trying to hide.” Cyborg said
 
“I'm not trying to hide anything. I'm just answering what ya'll asked. And as for what I do, I'm a devil hunter. The shop I own is called Devil Never Cry. I'm here because I saw the mark burning down half the town, the Mark of Scath, which means Trigon will soon invade Earth, and knowing that you were the ones who defended the town I decided to lend my services. I want to become part of the team because I want to help destroy Trigon, and because ya'll fight for what is good and help protect those in need. I find that honorable and figured I could help in your fight against other evils as well. I would be a good addition to the team.”
 
“You wouldn't last 2 seconds against Trigon. Any normal villain is one thing, but Trigon is the God of the Underworld.” Raven said with extra bitterness in her voice.
 
“Dude how exactly are you a devil hunter.” Beast Boy added
 
“Yeah and what makes you think that your capable of being a Titan. I mean we all have our own powers and equipment that helps us fight villains, so what are you capable of.” Robin said
 
“Well if you stop talking and let me explain everything then maybe we would be getting somewhere.”
 
“Bout time.” Beast boy said sounding somewhat irritated
 
 
“Well I've been tracking something called the Church of Blood for a long time. The cult has been around forever, so I've just tried to check into any possible demonic activities they may be getting involved with. In my investigation I've had to shut a few church's down you might say, but the main thing I came across was the head of the clan's involvement with something called the H.I.V.E, which you guys took care of.”
 
“Yeah, but Brother Blood survived and tried to start another HIVE in Steel City, but that didn't work either.” Cyborg said
 
“Oh thanks for the info, but that's not where I was going. One of my partners found out that Blood was also having dealings with a man called Slade, and as you may have guessed the ones behind the attack of the Teen Titans. That's when ya'll first caught my attention, but it was later when Slade and some babe took over the city that I felt the need to step in and deal with Slade.”
 
“First of all her name was Terra, and just in case you didn't know she took down Slade.” Said Beast Boy with authority.
 
“Alright buddy I don't like people who talk more than I do so shut up and let me finish.”
 
“Well I don't like people who talk to much in general so don't get on my badside.” Said Raven
 
“Whoa babe calm down alright didn't mean to upset you.”
 
“And don't call me BABE.”
 
“Ok I'm sorry (but Dante was really thinking damn whats her problem). Now where was I? Oh yea Slade. After Slade died I decided not to come to give ya'll a visit, and went back to hunting other demons. But it was the mark of Scath that finally changed my mind to give the Titans a visit.”
 
“What is it made you think to investigate Slade in the first place beside his involvement with brother Blood.” Robin asked
 
“From what I heard Slade had some magical abilities, and he was very much involved with Brother Blood, and where there is one devil you can usually find another one.”
 
“Well hate to break it to you, but Slade wasn't a demon and he has come back to life and is now working for Trigon, who by the way gave him a few extra tricks.” Cyborg said
 
“SHIT. NOW you tell me. So Slade is the revived messenger, and that huge S that was burning part of this city was Slade sending the message to all Trigon followers that Trigon will soon return, assemble and prepare for his arrival.”
 
Hearing this the Titans became rather subdued and looked unwilling to answer, but Robin made the first attempt.
 
“Not quite. It was a call, but the message was delivered to someone else.”
 
“Do you know who?”
 
At this point the Titans were just looking down kicking their feet. None wanted to answer this question.
 
“It was delivered to us.” Robin said
 
“What? Why? Are you the ones who hold the key to the portal.”
 
“No, not a key, a gem.” Starfire rather somberly added.
 
“Yeah Yeah I know: the gem shall be his portal. I've heard the riddle before, but does one of you have the gem?”
 
“One of us is the gem.” Robin said, and the 4 teen titans turned and looked at Raven who was staring down at the ground but lost in thought and completely oblivious to what was going on around her. The fear of what was to come, and the guilt that she would be the cause of her friends and this world's destruction.
 
“You. You are a half-demon.” Dante said even though he sensed it when he first met her, but then Dante had a startling revelation. “You are the daughter of Trigon.”
 
“How did you know that?” The titans all asked at the same time.
 
“When I picked up your scent I could tell that you were half-human, half-demon. Which made sense knowing what your powers are, and Trigon can only enter this world through his seed which also has to be half human. So if you are the portal then you are the half-demon daughter of Trigon.” Dante explained.
 
“Huh, you sensed she was a half-demon?” asked Beast Boy
 
“Look lets just drop it. Everyone knows I hate talking about this; it's time to go to bed.” Raven said sounding rather agitated.
 
“OK but tell me: can I join the titans or not, or do I have to go through a few tests first?” Dante asked.
 
“We should let him try the training course tomorrow.” Said Starfire
 
“Hey babe good idea.” Starfire blushed when she heard this, but Robin and Raven seemed angered a bit. Dante was certainly making his usual impressions on people, but soon enough they would come to know the full Dante.
 
“We should also see how much he can lift first.” Cyborg added.
 
“Lift weights first? Are you tryin to kill me bud?” Dante asked, but was hiding the facetious nature of the question.
 
“If you want to be a titan then you had better be able to handle it.” Robin said
 
“Hey whatever, tomorrow it is then.” Said Dante
 
“Wonderful we have a new friend!” Starfire said quite excited.
 
“OK Great, can we go to bed now.” Beast boy asked
 
“Sounds good to me now where will I sleep.”
 
At this point Raven decided to go to her room, without saying anything which wasn't that surprising.
 
“What's with her?” Dante asked
 
“She does this to newcomers. It may take her awhile.” Robin said
 
“Don't let it worry you; she will lighten up.” Cyborg added
 
“It's no prob, she is obviously going through a hard time.” Dante said
 
“Yes she really is, but lets get you to your room.” Starfire said
 
Dante was shown to his room but as Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Robin were leaving Dante for the night, Dante came up to Starfire putting his arms around her and in his usual way of trying to impress a lady he said “How's about you stay in my room tonight, you know get to know each other better.”
 
Starfire blushed again and then went into a stutter of wells before Robin said it was best for her to sleep in her own room. Dante just let it go and went into his room for the night. His room was near Terra's old room. None of the titans thought it would be right to give Dante her old room because she was still to close to their heart especially Beast Boy's. Dante walked into his room and checked everything else as people usually do when they are in a new room. It was pretty plain with just two sofas, a bed, a table, and a closet which Dante used to put up his signature red coat. On the inside of his coat he had his submachine guns which he also put in the closet along with his black shirt. After he finally got settled he went to the top of Titans Tower with his sword Rebellion in hand, and got down on one knee and just sat there staring at the moon.
The next morning Dante went to lift weights as the first part of his training to see if he had what it took to make it into the Titans. He was lifting against Cyborg.
 
“Alright how much do you want to start out with: 400 500 600. You pick.”
 
“How bout you decide and we will go from there.” Dante said
 
Cyborg decided on 600 which he did with few problems.
 
“Not bad Cyber Boy, but now its my go.” Dante said once Cyborg had finished.
 
“IT's CYBORG NOT CYBER BOY.” Cyborg growled, “HE is Beast Boy.” He said pointing at Beast Boy.
 
“Oh sorry bout that I must have gotten you 2 confused.” Dante said
 
“Well life what you were gonna lift and lets get on with this.” Cyborg said
 
Dante knew he could definitely lift 600, but he didn't want them to know that. So when Dante went to lift he did it 10 times just as many as Cyborg, but the closer he got to 10 the more he seemed to struggle with it.
 
“You sure don't look as strong as you are.” Beast Boy said
 
“Looks can be deceiving.” Dante answered
 
“Well you didn't do to bad, you lifted just as much as me.”
 
“Yeah I guess we are even then bud. Now where is this training course?” Dante said
 
After a brief stop by Dante's room they led Dante out to the training course where Robin, Starfire, and Raven were waiting. Dante was to go first since everyone was still in doubt as to what Dante could actually do if he could do anything at all. They explained to him the route of the course then sent him to the beginning. Dante had on his red coat, but left his shirt in his room. Robin began the countdown, and when Dante heard the beep for 1 he had a devilish grin on his face and then took off through the course. His first obstacle were the iron fists coming up from the ground which surprised Dante, but he dashed to the side of the first then another came up and another and another until he had run through all 8 without even a scratch, and was now entering the area with the laser guns which came from the rocks surrounding the course. For these Dante air hiked and while in midair he summoned the sword Yomato, and turned around still in midair and began to spin it in a whirlwind motion deflecting all the lasers, but Dante soon was back on the ground and having to dodge more lasers which he did by simply dashing out of their range. He was now going through the shutter section of the course. He saw in front of him 3 shutters which were opening and shutting extremely fast, but this was no problem for Dante for he just dashed through all 3 before they even got close to shutting on him. He was now in the final stage of the course: the explosive disks section. As Dante continued to run several guns from each side of him came up and launched about 50 disks at him. Out of nowhere he turned into one of his half-demon forms and flew straight up in the air causing all the disk to explode on contact with each other, but the guns fired more disks at him yet he was still able to counter by pulling out his submachine guns from his coat. The blasts were yellow but not electrical instead it was some kind of light. Either way the blasts caused the disks to explode on contact with each shot. Dante destroyed all the disks before they even had a chance to reach him, and with that done Dante flew to the finish and turned back into his human form.
The Titans were shocked from what they had just seen. They thought they had been looking and talking to a regular human all this time. He had no swords on him when they first saw him and had seen no swords until this time. The only guns they saw were ebony & ivory, so the smgs were a surprise to them. They had not seen his quick dashing abilities, nor his double jumping abilities. He looked human from what they had seen the night before and that morning, but what scared them the most was that now they were looking at something else, some creature who in the blink of an eye came into existence where a man was supposed to be, and on top of that this new creature could fly. They were in total shock because now they realized they had no idea who they were dealing with.
 
“You are a half-demon just like I am.”
 
Dante, who was still in his half-demon form, changed part to his human form.
“Yes, I am a half-demon. My father was a demon and my mother a mortal just like your parents.”
 
“Mr. Dante sir ummmmmmmmm where did your sword go?” asked Beast Boy quite hesitantly.
 
“It receded back inside of me.”
 
“I don't understand.” Said Starfire.
 
“Neither do I.” Said Cyborg
 
“Ok let me explain this just like everything else. Since I've been hunting devils I have collected many special types of weapons. These weapons are demon souls who have abandoned their original demon forms and are now souls that will manifest into another form such as most of the weapons I have. When I find one of these souls that has manifested into a weapon, I absorb the soul and I gain the weapon as well because the weapon is the new physical representation of the soul. The soul becomes a part of me and that specific weapon as well. The souls cannot change their form once I have absorbed it into myself because the weapon and the soul are now one and are in my control. All I have to do is call the name of the weapon and it comes. If I am already using one of these weapons and I want another one all I have to do is command the one I am using to recede and command the other to come forth and I have it. But I do have a few weapons that are not physical demon souls, but these weapons have a magical quality to them that allows me to absorb them. But don't worry I just absorb they physical soul so they have no consciousness, and the physical soul also leaves behind the spiritual essence of the demon it was meaning that the demon can be reborn in its original form again with no affect to the physical soul I possess.” At the end of Dante's explanation Beast Boy and Starfire were quite confused, while Robin and Cyborg were impressed, but it was Raven who could deep inside of her truly feel that this was a great warrior with tremendous powers even though she had never heard of him.
 
“Well all you have to do now is go with us the next time we have a mission, and if that goes well you can consider yourself a Titan.”
 
“Sounds like a plan to me. So what do we do till then?”
 
“Whatever you do to pass to time. Right now I'm gonna go kick Beast Boy's ass at gamestation.” Said Cyborg.
 
“Gamestation huh. I got winner.” Said Dante
 
“You're on.” Said Beast Boy and Cyborg at the same time
 
“Oh and there is someone else you must meet.” Added Starfire
 
“Who.”
 
“Come and I will show you.”
 
“Hey Cy things are lookin pretty good for me right now huh.” Dante said with overconfidence
 
“Why don't you go ahead and find out.”
 
“I think I will said Dante.”
 
Raven had left already to go meditate, Cyborg and Beast Boy were already on the gs, and Starfire was taking Dante to her room
“Ok please do not get upset at what you are about to see.” Starfire said
 
“Ok no problem.”
 
“Are you ready?” said Starfire
 
“Uhh yeah.” Said Dante
 
“Oh Silkie where are you, come here Silkie.”
 
“Uh Star what the hell is silkie?”
 
“Here he is! Meet Silkie.” Starfire said as she turned around with Silkie in her hands.
 
“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!” screamed Dante in a very confused manner
 
“It's a caterpillar we kept from when we defeated Killer Moth and his hoard of giant moths.” Said Starfire
 
“Giant killer moths huh. Ok well the next time I see Silkie I'll know he is friendly.”
 
“Good. I didn't want anything happening to Silkie.”
 
“Ok well umm Starfire I'm bout to go to the kitchen so I'll see you around.” Said Dante
 
“Bye Demonfriend.”
 
“Later Starchick.” And with that Dante was heading to the kitchen.
 
The day went by rather slow for Dante. It became apparent that Dante's demon abilities didn't extend to gamestation because Cyborg and Beast Boy managed to beat him each time they got a chance. Robin practiced his martial arts for a good bit of the day, and played Cyborg at basketball a few times. Raven continued to meditate most of the day, but Starfire sat beside her most of the day just sitting patiently until Raven finally asked her what was on her mind.
 
“What is it?” said Raven
 
“What do you think of our new friend. Are you glad to have someone like you around?” asked Starfire.
 
“Well aside from being arrogant I can sense that he is extremely powerful, but he is only half-human. How can he be so powerful and not be a full demon? How can he be a half-demon and not have to meditate? How does he control his powers? It doesn't make sense.” Raven had confused herself by running these questions through her mind over and over again only to gain no answers.
 
“Have you ever met one of your kind before. A half-human half-demon before?” asked Starfire equally confused because she thought that surely Raven had met someone of her kind before.
 
“No I've only seen my father, and only a few of the demons that follow him. The same demons all of you have seen.” Said Raven.
 
“This truly is strange.” Said Starfire
 
It was at that moment that the alarm went off; something was happening.
 
A Xenothium plant had just been drained now the target was heading to the outskirts of down to the nuclear power plant. The team lost time because when the villain left for the nuclear plant they were on their way to the Xenothium plant. Whoever this person was they were determined to accomplish their adjective. This person was almost finished with the plant, she drained almost all its nuclear energy in fact, when the Titans finally arrived. This person was called Isabelle, and Isabelle was a witch. She was a former student of the H.I.V.E, and wore a dark silver cloak similar to the purple ones that HIVE members wore.
 
“Fashionably late I take it.” Isabelle said
 
“Not late enough to stop you.” Robin said
 
“The amazing Titans here to stop me; imagine that, but who is this new friend.”
 
“Name's Dante, nice to me you babe.” Dante said in his cool and collected way.
 
“Babe? Do you think you speak to a peasant? I am Isabelle!”
 
“You. You were at the H.I.V.E. I remember you. You're nothing but a wannabe witch.” Cyborg said, but what he was really thinking was This bitch thinks she can handle 6 against 1. She must be out of her mind.
 
“Yes I was at the H.I.V.E, but enough talk. Time to die!”
 
“Titans, Go!”
 
From here the Titans dispersed in their usual manner trying to surround and out maneuver Isabelle, and then overcome her. Isabelle struck at Cyborg first by shooting a violet beam which countered the sound beam he had just fired, but Starfire caught the witch with her starbolts which knocked her almost to the ground.
 
“Sneaking up behind me will only get you killed, girl.” Isabelle said and then shot red bolts from each of her finger tips towards Starfire right before Robin landed a flying kick on the witch, but Isabelle summoned a silver force field which blocked his kick and at the same time Starfire dodged the beams but they were able to track her and hit her before she had a chance to dodge them again causing her to fall to the ground. Isabelle did not see the large magic black arm before it grabbed her and smashed her into a light pole in the plants parking lot. The hand that Raven had sent was squeezing Isabelle who then sent an orange beam shaped like a blade down the middle of the arm cutting it in half and almost ready to do the same to Raven before Dante leaped into the air and caught her before the blade hit her. The blade was able to graze the skin on the left side of Dante's back because he had turned his back towards it to protect Raven. It was not the skin that pissed Dante off; it was the tear in the coat. He made sure Beast Boy, who had just attacked Isabelle in his hawk form and knocked away by her violet beam, and Cyborg were not in the way before he pulled out Ebony & Ivory and started to fire away on the witch. The bullets however, were not fast enough to hit the witch before she darted from side to side dodging them. It seemed she had a little speed as well, but she had to go a little quicker to miss the disks Robin had just thrown. Then she began to glow violet and shot electrical rays at the Titans. All the Titans were hit by them except for Raven, who formed a shield around herself, and Dante because he had blocked it with his forearm and now had his sword Rebellion out and ready to deal with her.
 
“How did you block that?” Isabelle growled.
 
“You will have to try a little harder than that if you want to hurt me. You're goin down bitch.” Dante said and with that he was off and running towards her. She fired a series of red spirals that resembled mini tornadoes at him, but he just dashed to the side and air hiked towards her and then used his drive slash to send a shockwave towards her which she blocked with her force field which used much of her energy to hold her force field, but when she noticed the sword flying straight at her her eyes grew as big as saucers and Rebellion broke right through the force field and straight into her causing her to fly straight back into the wall of an office building. This was where she stayed until Dante came to claim his sword. Just in case you were wondering the fight took place outside the plant, and had moved away from the towers and was at the front of the plant away from the danger of nuclear explosion.
 
The Titans were somewhat horrified at the sight of seeing Dante pull the sword out of Isabelle's body. The main reason was the force that it hit her with which was evident by the fact that Dante had to pull half of the hilt out of her body which had been pinned to the wall and quickly fell to the ground. The other reason was that Dante just walked up the wall to get his sword. They were learning very quickly that the powers they had already seen weren't even close to a quarter of Dante's full power.
 
“You killed her dude.” Beast Boy said with a slight tremble in his voice.
 
“You've never killed anyone before in this business?” Dante asked quite puzzled
 
“No we usually just stop them and keep them contained so the police can arrest them. And this is not a business we do this to protect.” Robin said
 
“My mistake. I didn't literally mean business so lighten up.” Dante said
 
“How can you be so calm after what just happened?” Starfire asked
 
“No emotion, no nothing.” Added Cyborg
 
“Killing is not what the Titans are about Dante. You will have to learn that if you are going to be on this team.” Robin said, and he was quite pissed when he said it.
 
“Hey sh….” Dante was then cut off.
 
“He is a devil hunter. He also only wants to protect the innocent and the weak from those who seek power and only want to endanger them. She was a witch, and able to absorb nuclear energy. She was a human but she was also a devil. Any villain who wants to endanger the innocent or commit crimes is going to have to pay for it. She paid for it with her life.” Raven said
 
“Explain. How was she a devil?” Starfire asked in all innocence
 
“A dev….” But Dante was cut off again.
 
“A devil does not just mean any demon or half-demon. It also means any human who is going to use dark powers or evil means to threaten the lives of the good or innocent.” Raven added as if she had tapped into the heart of Dante.
 
“Exactly.” Dante said somewhat baffled at how well Raven knew how to explain devil.
 
“Well I understand, and it is good that you are willing to defend others, but from now on don't just automatically try to kill any villain we face because you are now a Titan. Welcome to the team Dante.” Robin said
 
“Welcome to the team dude.”
 
“New friend is now officially apart of the team.”
 
“Welcome to the team man.”
 
“Thanks, now we have got to have a party tonight.” Dante said in a jovial fashion.
 
Raven just looked at Dante-not staring though-and the slight beginnings of a smile began to grow on her face.