Fan Fiction ❯ Hero of TIme ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Legend of Zelda: Hero of Time

Prologue

In the land of Hyrule, long ago, there was a boy named Link. He had spent the full eight years of his life in the forest of the Great Deku Tree, protected from the influence of darkness. He had friends among the Kokiri, those he lived with, but he suspected full well that he was not a true Kokiri, and he had reasons to believe this.

The first of these reasons were his memories of a time of fire and death, vague and shadowed, but ever present, especially in his dreams. A time when he and his mother had not been in the forest. He prayed to Falor, the goddess of courage, every night that he might not have the dreams. His prayers seemed to be answered, but his dreams were now of something different, but equally terrifying.

The second of these reasons was the more obvious one. He was eight years old and still no Fairy had come to be his partner. Every day, he went about routine, practicing and being bullied by Mido, and every night he wished that his fairy would finally come. His more recent dreams did indeed have a fairy in them, but he wanted to know when it would be his turn.

Then, one day, something amazing happened to Link. Something that would change his life forever, and make him more than any Kokiri had ever been, more than any being had ever been. And it all started when his wish came true, before he even awoke.