Fan Fiction ❯ Ishiro ❯ Congratulations! Now to a new Assignment! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8: Congratulations! Now to a new Assignment!
 
After some time, everyone was full an ready to go to their meeting with the Leader.
 
“That was good Shana!” said Neiki. “Thanks” replied Shana.
 
“So Teacher, do you know what our new assignment will be?” asked Nakaru. “Nope. Not even a clue. But, seeing as you all will be promoted to a higher rank you won't be needing to do any more stupid things. Maybe you'll be sent to do something, like train, make something or a similar thing. Don't expect you will be sent to kill people though” said Roshika. “Oh..” replied Nakaru.
 
“Aw, that would have been so cool” said Neiki smiling. “Yeah, slicing someone's else head. Or something like that!” yelled Sandou. “Please do not be so graphical Sandou!” said Samari.
 
Nyosuke meanwhile, as always, was quiet showing no emotions.
 
“Ok, so we have arrived! Now guys, please be quiet and enter the building” said Roshika. “YES! WE ARE HERE!” yelled Sandou. “Shut Up...” replied Nyosuke. “Thanks for saving my breath. I am tired of saying the same thing always” said Roshika.
 
They entered the big hallways and walked towards a room. In there the Leader was sitting in a chair in the enter, with various other Numbus behind him.

“Wow, what a welcome” whispered Neiki.
 
“Bow kids.. Bow to him!” said Roshika. “Oh yeah...” whispered Sandou. The 7 bowed to the leader.
 
“Now, raise your heads. Don't be so rough!” said the Leader, Tomoro.
 
They raised their heads.
 
“Now, I believe you know why are you here? Well, since you know I will skip the details. Today is a year since your team has been formed. You all have already trained, and done various other things. Now, from what I have heard from Shozen, Temari and Roshika, all six of you risked your lives to save Roshika. I am aware you all fought with all you had and freed him. This alone is worthy of one extra rank. You risked your life for another, and that's very important in the life of a Numbus. You all used your techniques, even the most basic and saved Roshika and eventually lead to the defeat of that man, Katen. Now I will recognize each of you one extra rank. Nyosuke, your new rank is 21. Nakaru, Neiki, Shana and Samari, your new rank is 22. And you Sandou, I heard from Shozen and Temari at the end you risked your life further more and saved the day. For that young friend, I shall grant you two extra ranks instead of one. Your new rank is 22.” said Tomoro.
 
“YEAH!” yelled Sandou. “Keep your mouth shut!” said Roshika. “Sorry...” replied Sandou. “Ahh, it's ok. Now, we need to discuss the details regarding your next assignment” said Tomoro while he looked at some papers.
 
“Oh, here they are! Your next assignment will be an important one. The Emperor of the East has requested to see the most talented students of Hi-Go-An. Your latest actions have actually given you the rights to see the Emperor, no other student in Hi-Go-An has ever had a real battle experience, nor have risked their lives. So, even though there could be higher ranking students, you have been given the right to go. Tomorrow is your early departure, so go and take a rest you have been given the rest of the day free. Hope you enjoy your visit to the Capital!” said Tomoro smiling.
 
The kids then left.
 
“WOW! We are going to the Capital!” yelled Nakaru. “Well, it looks like you did not have to wait so much!” replied Sandou.
 
Everyone was cheering they were going to the capital.
 
“Well kids, your day is free. Go play or something. See ya!” said Roshika as he left.
 
Long hours passed and night came. Everyone went to their respective houses to eat, get a bath and then bed to prepare for their great day to the Capital.
 
Sandou and Shana were outside their house, sitting in a small chair.
 
“Shana.. do you really like Nyosuke?” asked Sandou. “Yeah, you know this. Why do you ask?” asked Shana. “You know I don't like him right?” replied Sandou. “Yeah of course I know that. It's so obvious! But Sandou, I have always wondered why don't you like him?” continued Shana. “He's an arrogant fool” replied Sandou. “He has had a harsh life Sandou!” said Shana. “And so have we!” replied Sandou. “I know we have. But everyone has helped us since the start. Everyone pays for our house, they buy our food and clothes. Everyone here likes us. They are all nice with us. Nyosuke didn't have that luck. His family was a strict one. Besides, he decided he needed no ones help. At least the Leader is paying for his apartment, but the food he eats, the clothes he wears are bought by his own work he does here. He builds things, he helps others and that way he earns his money!” replied Shana.
 
“So, what are you saying? That we do the same as him and work for others? I don't have a problem with that, but I am more interested in making myself stronger. He had a harsh family, we have no kind of family” said Sandou.

“You are so selfish! And so lazy! Why are you always desiring more and more power? It's not like power is needed to live” replied Shana.

“In this world it is! Without power you die. The weak are crushed by the strong, it's the nature of life. I don't want to be crushed by people stronger than me, that's why I want to become stronger so I am not weak!” said Sandou.
 
“It's of no matter! There will always be someone who will be stronger than you. At the end you will lose to that stronger person and the cycle will continue on and on.” said Shana.
 
“No, I'll make sure I become the strongest human in this world. I will gather power Shana. I will protect you! I want to become someone great! Someone people admire!” said Sandou.
 
“I don't need you to protect me! I want to be come strong as well, but not in the same way as you. I want to become stronger to help others and if I need to die helping others then so be it!” said Shana.
 
“No, you will not become stronger. You will always be tied by that Nyosuke fool and never grow. You will always depend on him and you will grow weak. He might grow strong, but not stronger than me” said Sandou.
 
“Why are you so jealous of him? Don't you want me to be happy with someone I love! What makes you think I will depend on him? I won't! I will become strong by my own way, to protect others. Then I'll have children and protect them with the power I build up!” replied Shana.
 
“I am not jealous of him! How many times do I have to say this! He's an arrogant fool! He thinks he's so strong and all! In the fight against Katen he was easily defeated, and I! I! I defeated Katen!” yelled Sandou.
 
“No you did not! Everyone did their share. You were still lucky to get that hit, and from what I heard from Teacher Roshika, he helped you with that hit! So don't you want to take all the glory for yourself, because then you will become an arrogant fool as you call him. Strength isn't always the sheer power of your muscles and the way you use the matter of the world. Strength is the way of how you use that power, even if you are the weakest on the world, it all depends on how you use that power. But if you are the strongest person and don't fully understand how your power works and don't use it smartly, you LOSE!” said Shana.
 
“You know.. I don't want to argue anymore!” said Sandou as he got up from his chair and went inside.
 
“That imbecile..” whispered Shana.
 
It was already midnight, and both Shana and Sandou were sleeping. The night swiftly passed and dawn arrived.
 
“Wake up and take your stick down” said Shana. “Damn my stick...” said a drowsy Sandou.
 
They did their usual morning stuff. Breakfast, shower, and packing of stuff.
 
“Shana, sorry about last night” said Sandou. “Don't worry!” said Shana smiling.
 
They walked their way up to the Plaza. Everyone was there waiting.
 
“You are 3 minutes late!” said Neiki. “Shut up...” replied Sandou.
 
“So, everyone is gathered? If so, then let's walk towards the West Gate and reach the Capital in time. It's a 7 hour journey, so you better had taken with you enough supplies” said Roshika.
 
They all walked towards the West Gate.

“This is so exciting, I am actually going to see the Capital!” said Nakaru. “Well, he's real happy today!” said Neiki.
 
The West Gate opened and they went through it.
 
Then Sandou yelled.
 
“Wohoo! Out for the second time!”.
 
“Shut up..” said Roshika. “You are a bad teacher you know!” said Sandou.
 
They began their journey.
 
“So how does the capital look?” asked Shana. “Well, it's nothing too spectacular. The main castle is in the center of the whole city. There are big buildings around it. The sea is to the north of the city. The streets are crowded with people selling things and walking. Carriages with horses. Two mountains surround it. Well.. that's about it. Oh... and to the south of the city there is a huge green field, miles long. Then around that field there is a forest. Cool place though!” replied Roshika.
 
“Wow, I can nearly imagine it..” replied Shana.
 
“Oh I am so excited!” said Nakaru. “Well, you are kinda a bit over-hyped don't you think” said Sandou. “Well it has been my dream to visit the capital since I was a kid. They sell something called Ice Cream and I want to eat that!” said Nakaru.
 
“I knew there was a hook..” said Sandou. “Yeah, he only wants to eat” followed Neiki.
 
Nyosuke then talked for the first time.
 
“You better don't eat that completely in one full sweep. Ice Cream is cold and sweet. But, as I said, cold, extremely cold” said Nyosuke.
 
“Wow he talked...” said Neiki. “Really? Sweet? WOW!! I AM SO HAPPY!” said Nakaru.
 
“Well, he talked” said Samari to Shana. “Yeah, maybe he's finally gaining the mood?” replied Shana. “Why don't you go and try your luck now?” asked Samari. “Nah, I'll leave him to be. Hopefully he will continue to talk all the way to the city” said Shana smiling.
 
“Have you visited the capital before?” asked Sandou, actually talking to Nyosuke about something serious.
 
“Wow the end is coming soon. They are talking!” said Samari. “Now that's weird” replied Shana.

“Yes the end is close” whispered Roshika. “What Teacher?” asked Shana. “Nothing...” replied Roshika.
 
“I visited the capital once when I was four years old. My father had to meet with someone. Me and my sister stayed in a hotel and walked around the city. Also, we went to the beach. It's a place where you can get into the sea without drowning” replied Nyosuke to Sandou's question.
 
“Well, now the beach thing is cool!” said Neiki.
 
And so the journey continued, everyone excited about reaching the Capital as fast as possible.