Fan Fiction ❯ Mystify ❯ Introduction ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1: Introduction
 
By: Brynn Parker
 
----
 
Freya stared out at her surroundings, settling on the roof of a primitive cottage and observing the village activities. If she could have smiled in this form, she would've; she'd managed to get a perfect view of the village children at play.
 
In Freya's culture, her kind were not allowed to play. She'd been taken away from her family when she was just an infant, to the Great Temple in Khrysse City for training. There she'd been for fourteen years, almost her whole life, studying Khrysse and the barbaric outside world, and practicing meditation and her spiritual powers.
 
It was during one of these meditations that she first inhabited another's body. It hadn't been a special day, just another daily meditation, and she took over the body of the boy next to her. Ignorant to the fact that she was in another's body, she'd fought the boy's soul.
 
She'd destroyed him from the inside out.
 
That had been five years ago, when she was seven. Since then, she'd honed her possession skills in secret, the Temple banning her from further practice. The Temple controlled all of he magic users in the Khryssan Empire, which was impressive because of the Empire's humongous size. It was rumored that in the Temple's core was a special magic user that could sense out others and tell the Emperor's warriors of their whereabouts. Magic users were usually found and taken from the parents before their third year. Afterwards they were put through intense training, forced to grow up sooner than normal children.
 
This is why Freya loved to see the children play. She longed to play in the beautiful daylight, a luxury she'd never had in the caverns of Khrysse.
 
She let herself drift back to her own body as the bird flew off of the roof.