Fan Fiction ❯ Passion of the Words ❯ Passion of the Words ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Passion of the Words
By Firedemon86
 
An English teacher one day was grading tests, on a story his class had read and then watched a movie about. The question were ordinary, your basic who, what, when, and how. However just for fun, he put an answer D, to every question that read it's not important. To the English teacher's surprise one student put D as the answer to every question. This confused the English teacher to no end, the test belonged to a good student they always understood the stories and always got good grades. Quickly he turned to the last page of the test, where he had left a space for a short write in for the students to tell him what they thought of the story. In this space, the student had written almost a paragraph to the teacher, pushing the other tests away he began to read her words.
“How did I feel about the story? I loved the story it is after all considered one of the greatest of all time, your test on the other hand I hated. You asked questions with out considering that it isn't important to know who did what and when. What is important about this story and many others is that it's a story that resonates in our emotions; it hits a beat so primal that anyone can understand. This is a story of life, lose, love and sadness such basic feelings that everyone has had and can understand. That is what makes a good story not who's in it and what they did it's the passion of the words that makes this story worth reading.”
The teacher was speechless, slowly after collecting himself he turned the test over to see if there was anymore. There was just one more sentence, a p.s. that said, “Sorry I would have pointed this out sooner to you but you never had an answer D before,” The teacher smiled and marked the grade as an A+. The next day is class he handed back the tests but kept the only A+ for a moment and read the students word aloud to the class. He watched as some of his students eyes filled with understanding while others just looked more confused. After reading it and then handing it back to its owner, he began handing out the classes nest reading assignment then told his class that for this story they were to focus on the passion of the words and what the story was truly trying to say. He tried teaching the next book as best he could, trying to get to the real meaning and trying to help his students see it too. On the next test everyone of his students got A's and the student who had started this whole thing this time there was a note for her from her teacher, two simple words, “Thank you.”