Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Cloud Over Hyrule ❯ The Terror Returns ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Princess Zelda put the Ocarina of Time up to her mouth, about to play the familiar melody that would set things straight in the land of Hyrule once again, when she suddenly dropped the fragile, blue instrument and yelled.

"Link, behind you!"

Link did a quick 180, while withdrawing both his Mirror shield and his Master Sword. His light blue eyes widened and terror had filled him when he saw Ganondorf slowly getting to his feet after such a vicious assault. Ganondorf turned around to face Link, his eyes filled with rage and his closed fists shaking angrily, while his sword was abandoned on the ground next to his feet.

"Now you die!" He screamed as he shot up into the air.

Link made a run towards his Hero Bow, which was across the battlefield, but Ganondorf shoved him back with a blast of dark energy that struck his chest. Link fell flat on his back and became stiff and frozen. Ganondorf's power was increasing by the second, the evil tyrant having more and more destructive power, as he grew angrier and angrier. Zelda tried to rush to Link's aid but found herself frozen too as Ganondorf began to take a new shape, a shape which was bigger and more frightening, a shape which was very familiar to both Link and Zelda. He had transformed into his other form, Ganon. He would drop from his suspended position in the air and his large foot would hit the ground with a thud. To bring back old memories, and to keep Link from running, Ganon generated a wall of flames that surrounded him, Zelda, and Link.

"This time you're not getting my Master Sword" Link said as he felt his energy return.

Link then got to his feet, and brushed himself off a bit, looking at Ganon and trying not to show any fear whatsoever, though he was terrified of this new form that he had taken.

"Link! We should get out of here! I think I can generate a barrier for the two of us that will last until we can leap through the fire!" Zelda yelled.

"No, I'm going to finish this…once and for all." Said Link

Ganon didn't want to risk Zelda leaving and playing the ocarina, so he gathered another sum of his endless supply of energy and pulled the battleground off the ground just like he did when they first fought. Below them there sat a pool of lava, so if one were to jump, they would be swimming in lava. Zelda ran far away from Ganon at this point, and positioned the Ocarina of Time to her mouth and got ready to play, when Ganon picked up one of the large pieces of rubble and threw it at her. Zelda shrieked as it approached her, but Link, being the hero, stood in the way and blocked it with his shield. Ganon then approached both of them, each footstep thunderous and loud, hitting the ground with great force, causing it to crack at some places. Ganon grabbed Link with both hands and lifted him up and threw him across the battlefield before Link could jam the sword into his hand. Ganon approached Link, cracking the ground with every step, and when reaching him, he kicked his body as hard as he could, severely injuring Link. He raised his foot and prepared to step on Link and kill him once and for all when Princess Zelda yelled

"Die!"

At that point she fired a Light Arrow into Ganon's back, using Link's Hero Bow. Ganon screamed and fell on his back, driving the arrow in deeper. Link slowly made his way to his feet and backed up, holding his master sword in his right arm, using his shield arm to hold his side. Ganon's fall made the cracks in the ground worse, making the plain open up and pieces fall into the lava. The cracks spread like a fire, and almost instantly 1/2 of the battlefield was falling into the lava. Ganon slowly made his way back to his feet and remembered how the Light Arrow neutralized his powers, so he jumped and grabbed the side that was still above the sea of lava. Ganon scrambled to get back up but he wasn't having a difficult time. It was only a few seconds when Ganon had his upper body on the safe plain, but Link approached Ganon and prepared himself for an attack on the vulnerable Ganon.