Fan Fiction ❯ The Military Dogs Pet ❯ The Right And Wrong Way To Wake Up ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaie woke up and looked around, he felt so cold. That couldn't be right though, something was off. “Mell…” Kaie mumbled as he opened his eyes. She wasn't there that's what was wrong, now the question was why Mell wasn't there. It was still dark, not to mention they had no where to go, and therefore no intention of waking up anytime soon. Kaie frowned deeply as he looked at the open door trying to see if Mell had turned on any lights, or maybe the T.V. but nothing was on, nothing was making noise besides the blinds against the window. “Wait…” Kaie said his eyes darting to his window. His window wasn't opened.
 
Kaie slipped out of bed and walked down the hall into the living room. After flipping on the light he asked, “Mell what are you up to?”
 
Mell looked back at him as she reached up to shut the window her T-shirt barely hiding her underwear. “Trying to shut the window…but as you can see I'm not getting anywhere. It just won't close.”
 
“Why'd you open it?” Kaie asked as he came up behind her and helped her shut it.
 
“I didn't…” Mell said turning and looking at him.
 
“The maid opened it then.” Kaie said kissing her lightly to calm her down. “No worries…”
 
Mell nodded a smile gracing her lips. She moved closer to him and hugged him, trying to be close to him. Mell liked this, they were comfortable with each other they didn't need a reason to be this close.
 
Kaie loved the fact that she enjoyed his touch, and he slipped his hand past her pajama top to rest on the small of her back. Kaie grinned when Mell hid her face from him, a blush staining her cheeks. She was rather innocent. “I'll have to break her of that…” Kaie thought as he let his hand travel lightly up her back. “Everything ok?” Kaie asked looking down at her when she “glared” up at him when she realized he was making her blush on purpose.
 
Mell shook her head as she arched her back making a small noise when he lightened his touch even more and he started tickling her.
 
He just smirked down at her as he stopped and let her go. Kaie was pleased when she pouted slightly at the loss of contact. “Let's go back to bed, it's still early.”
 
Mell smiled and followed after him turning off the lights when they walked passed the hallway.
 
~
 
Now this was right. Kaie woke up a while before twelve and Mell was contently sleeping with her back pressed up against his chest. He was happy with her here, before he just slid through everything, he had no reason to do things right the first time, he had all eternity to get it right. Now he tried because he had Mell here and if was kept back Mell might get worried like she did the first time that happened with her here, so now he did things to the best of his ability the first time to get out of there.
 
Now his teachers praised him and his athletics teacher even let him out early sometimes so he could get back up here to Mell. Some of the other guys that got girls either did better like him, or they got worse.
 
Mell turned over in his arms and smiled up at him lazily before saying, “Morning.”
 
“G'morning.” Kaie mumbled the same lazy smile spread across his lips. “How long you been awake?”
 
“Less then a minute…” Mell shrugged as she wiggled out of Kaie's grip and sat up stretching, her ever annoying T-shirt sliding up again.
 
Kaie watched her as he sat up a grin coming on to his features. This time he acted on his impulse and reached out touching the skin that was shown to him. He grinned as Mell somewhat squeaked and jumped a little bringing her arms back down to her sides quickly. “What's wrong Mell?” Kaie asked as he ran hand lightly up her back like he had done last night.
 
“Nothing…” Mell said as she sat up straighter trying to avoid his hand with out running for it. She glared over at him when brought his hand back down, his fingers just noticeable enough on her back to make her shiver at the contact.
 
Kaie laughed lightly as he taunted her, “Really then why are you glaring at me?”
 
Right when Mell was about to comment the moment was ruined by knocking at the door.
 
“I'll be right back…” Kaie said as he got up ran into his closet and grabbed a t-shirt throwing it on as he quickly walked out.
 
Mell walked over to her room, out of sight of the door, and pulled on a pair of jeans and a different top. After that she walked out into the living room to see some guy in camouflage pants and a white T-shirt talking with Kaie.
 
The guy in camouflage stopped talking momentarily when he noticed Mell, but after a second finished his sentence all the same. Then he said looking back towards Mell, “I take it you're Mell.”
 
Mell nodded as she came up beside Kaie saying a quiet, “Yeah that's me.”
 
“Well I'm Jake.” He said smiling at her as he looked her up and down.
 
Mell didn't like him, not at all, and by the look on Kaie's face neither did he. Mell tugged at her T-shirt now, wishing that she had put on a longer one and not one that was slightly too small and showed off some of her stomach. He wasn't looking at her in a bad way, just in a weird way.
 
“Jake is there anything else you needed to tell me or was that it?” Kaie asked glaring at him slightly. Kaie didn't want this guy near Mell, Jake was looking at her like she was his girlfriend, Mell was not Jake's, she was his and it was going to be well known if he got a say in it.
 
“Yeah that was all…” Jake said before leaving, rather reluctantly.
 
Kaie locked the door after him and smiled lightly at Mell, “Don't worry about it.”
 
“Now I have to.” Mell said eyeing him. “So what shouldn't I worry about? What he told you or him in general?”
 
“Both…” Kaie said as he led her over to the couch and sat down with her. “He just told me that not only do we get today off we get Monday too, so four day weekend.”
 
“Ok so I should worry about him in general.” Mell said watching Kaie carefully for his reaction. “What's so bad about him, besides the fact that he seems to be a jerk and a creep.”
 
“We have just never gotten along; just stay away from him…” Kaie said kissing Mell lightly on the lips. “He's no good to begin with.”
 
Once again Kaie thought, “She's my girlfriend she'll never be his, she's mine to protect not his, I'm the only one that promised to protect her and no one is going to take her from me.”
 
~
 
Mell was on her way to Lena's, which was two floors down from her own. Deciding she didn't feel like sitting in an elevator she instead took the stairs.
 
“Hi there Mell.” Jake said as he walked up the stairs towards her.
 
“Hi…” Mell said as she moved over to get passed him and down the last few steps to Lena's level.
 
Jake put his arm out and stopped Lena asking, “And where are you headed in such a hurry that you can't stop and talk for a while?”
 
“I'm going to Lena's.” Mell said nodding a head of her. “I promised to go shopping with her today.”
 
“Do you two have an escort?” Jake questioned her.
 
“Lena doesn't need one, she's allowed outside. She's acting as my escort.” Mell said as she moved Jake's arm out of her way. “Now if you'll excuse me…”
 
“I didn't tell you that you could leave.” Jake said arrogantly as he grabbed a hold of her wrist.
 
“I don't care; I don't have to listen to you.” Mell said glaring at him. “The only one I have to listen to is Kaie and anyone that walks around here in a suit with high rankings.”
 
“Mell what's taking you?” Lena said as she walked up the stairs and removed her from Jake's grip.
 
“You don't have the right to touch her.” Lena growled as she motioned for Mell walked down the rest of the steps. “You know the rules.”
 
“I can do whatever I want Lena.” Jake said looking down at her.
 
“Back off you sixteen-year-old baby.” Lena said flipping off him, and when she saw the look on his face she cut him off from saying anything, and added, “And yes because I'm seventeen does give me the right to call you a baby.”
 
Jake made a frustrated sound and then stormed up the stairs. Mell laughed as Lena came down. “He really is a baby and he's older then me.”
 
“Yeah, pain in the butt that one, so why was he bugging you of all people? I didn't even know that he knew you.” Lena asked as they headed for the elevator on this floor to get to the bottom level.
 
“I don't know why he has to bug me, he just met me this morning and that was on accident. He came up to tell Kaie something and I came out of the room to see what was up.” Mell said as they got to the elevator and got in.