Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Blue Yonder ❯ Damn The Commander's Gonna Kill Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: As I stated before, I don't own it, just borrowing it….

Wild Blue Yonder

~~*~*~~

Chapter Two - Damn The Commander's Gonna Kill Me

~~*~*~~

She groaned as she struggled to sit upright, placing a hand against her forehead. "Man, did anyone get the number of that truck." she winced as her hand came across a sore patch next to her left ear.

Opening her eyes, she groaned again and closed them. "Were definitely not in Kansas anymore Toto." she commented to the large dog laying next to her. Opening her eyes again, she stared up at the tall trees surrounding her, a light silver glow to the area. She was sitting on the ground at the base of an enormous tree, it had to be several hundred years old to be that big. Her A3 kit bag was several paces away and Nanook was next to her unconscious. Worriedly she quickly checked him over and sighed in relief when she found him breathing. Standing up, she placed a hand on the tree to steady herself, as she tried to assess her situation, which any good NCO would do.

* Number one, she definitely wasn't at home anymore, she didn't even think it was anywhere in the US either.

* Number two, her commander was gonna kill her when she didn't show up for work today. She would be lucky if they didn't call her AWOL (Absent Without Leave). And if she were really lucky when she got back they wouldn't throw her in jail for it.

* Number three, she suddenly wished she had an aspirin, her head was killing her.

Groaning again, she staggered over to her A3 bag and turning it over and opening it, she pawed around inside for her first aid kit and a bottle of water. Sighing with relief, she found the aspirin and the water at the same time. Downing two with a swig of water, she was closing the lid on the water when she heard a twig snap behind her.

Tensing lightly, she slowly laid the bottle back down into the bag, her hand reaching for her empty holster. 'Damn, forgot I don't have my gun out yet.' she thought, remembering her extra gun was buried in the bottom of her A3 bag. Hooking her fingers around her web belt, she felt the handcuff case under her fingertips. 'Better than nothing.' she thought, slipping the handcuffs out and palming them.

Very light footsteps sounded directly behind her, almost too light for her to hear. Survival situations tend to enhance ones senses and she had been known for her already sensitive hearing. Steeling herself, she prepared to face the person behind her. Feeling a hand come down on her shoulder, she suddenly attacked, snatching the hand and twisting it painfully as she used her body leverage to flip the individual over her hip.

She grabbed his flailing hands and swiftly cuffed them together before jumping back away from his struggling body. She heard him yell out as he scrambled to his feet, consternation written across his features. He looked down to find some type of metal bindings around his wrists. Tugging at them, he found that they we stronger than they looked.

"What are these?" he said, looking up at the strangely dress young woman in front of him.

"Huh?" she said, startled. She had been prepared for an attack, not curiosity. "Umm, their handcuffs"

"Hand Cuffs" he said, peering down closely at the metal rings about his wrists, before looking back up at her "Ok, you can take them off now, please." An amused expression flittering across his face.

"I don't think so, buster." she growled, after all it was he who had snuck up on her and she was not about to release him until she found out what was going on.

"Buster?" he queried. "My name isn't Buster, it's Legolas. Legolas Greenleaf, Prince of the Mirkwood Elves."

"Le. . .go. . las? I'm . . .in. . . Middle. . .Earth?" she stammered as bright points of light suddenly seemed to pop in and out of existence in front of her eyes. She swayed alarmingly as she spotted his pointed ears and suddenly fainted dead away.

~~*~*~~

A/N: For those of you who may be wondering what an A3 bag is, it is a green duffel type bag issued to carry gear in. Instead of being like the long tub like ones most people are used to seeing, they are a suitcase shaped bag. They are made of a heavy-duty canvas with twin soft handles at the top. They are quite large and can hold a lot of gear. Security forces personnel have been known to use these bags to carry extra gear and food for their shifts.

~~*~*~~