Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Blue Yonder ❯ I Believe You ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

**REVISIED**

Disclaimer: Well another day and another fifty cents, oh wait. . . I'm doing this for fun right?!? Oh well, remember I don't own Tolkien's characters, only my own.

Wild Blue Yonder

~~*~*~~

Chapter 23 - I Believe You

~~*~*~~

Legolas insisted on carrying her to Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn's chambers. She had protested vehemently that it was her shoulder that was injured not her legs, but to no avail. She sulked the entire way that he carried her, angry that he insisted on babying her when he knew very damn well that she could have made it on her own.

She watched as he stopped near an elaborately carved doorway, before he gently set her on her feet. She glared angrily up at him as he reached out and knocked softly on the door. A soft voice bade them to enter. Rain, with a stern look at Legolas, pushed open the door and strode in ahead of him, aware that he was tagging along right on her heels.

Lady Galadriel was seated on a small loveseat next to an open window, overlooking the forest. She had an ethereal glow about her, as if light itself came from her. She smiled benevolently at her, gesturing with a graceful sweep of her arm for them to be seated across from her.

"My dear, I am glad that you are doing better." she said, her voice like bells ringing gently across the room. Rain shivered slightly as the sound traveled up her spine, for some reason, it set her on edge. There was a power to it, concealed within the beautiful sound. She saw Galadriel's eyebrow quirk at her reaction.

Rain felt a slight pressure in her mind as a voice whispered softly inside her head. *You have yet to tell him the real reason for your quest. * Rain looked startled for a moment and then with a sly grin, sent back *I know, but I want him to make the choice without knowing.*

She watched as Galadriel sat up suddenly, startled by the mind touch from Rain. A hearty chuckle erupted from Rain as she said, "Good evening Lady Galadriel." who smiled softly in return. A thrill ran through Rain's body when she discovered Galadriel also shared her unique talent. Since early childhood, Rain had often stumbled across the random thoughts of others. She had tried to project her own responses back to them, but they had never responded, and in time, she had given up.

That's not to say she hadn't learned control. Over the years she'd taught herself to block out the white noise of most, and focus all her attention on just one individual. This was quite useful in hand-to-hand combat training, and the men in squadron regarded her with wary respect.

But, despite it's helpfulness in combat, and the occasional thwarted prank, she'd always felt alone, so different from everyone else.

* You're not alone anymore, * Galadriel's voice echoed in her mind. Rain's grin widened.

Legolas looked slightly puzzled at two grinning women, wondering what had set them off. They both ignored him as their conversation started.

"I am sure that you are curious as to why Elrond sent you to me." Galadriel said as she shifted slightly on her seat. "Your circumstances are unique and your arrival had been preordained. The stars whispered to me of one who would come and change the future of our world. You are that person Rain. Your decision will determine the fate of us all." Galadriel stood up and paced quietly over to the open window.

"Elrond told you about FÄ-adúril, didn't he?" she asked softly. Legolas looked bewilderedly over at Rain who replied to her question.

"Yes, he told me that it was the key to my decision." she said vaguely, still not wanting to tell Legolas about her choice to become an elf, at least not yet.

"Have you made your decision then?" Galadriel asked as she turned back and fixed a stern eye on Rain. Rain winced, feeling the pressure of her mind again in hers. *I see that you have doubts still about his intentions. Never fear my dear, he loves you a great deal.* came the thoughts unbidden to her mind.

*If you can read that then you know my answer, and I would appreciate it if you didn't poke around in my head.* Rain echoed back, glaring frostily at the woman. Galadriel suddenly laughed and withdrew her touch from Rain's mind, who stood up quickly, ignoring the dizziness that overcame her and turned to leave the room.

"Rain." Legolas called out as he bounced quickly off the couch and caught her by her arm, forcing her to turn back around. "You didn't answer Lady Galadriel's question." he growled in a low undertone.

"That is all right Prince Legolas, I have my answer all ready." Galadriel said from across the room, "Why don't you both enjoy the festival tonight. I will bring you the necessary maps and documents tomorrow afternoon, so that you may continue your journey, my dear."

"Thank you, my lady." Rain said, as she pulled her arm out of Legolas's grasp and bowed to Lady Galadriel. Shooting a displeased glance up at Legolas, she turned on her heel and stalked angrily from the room.

"Legolas." Lady Galadriel called out as he turned to follow Rain. He turned and saw that she had moved closer to him. Reaching out she gently placed her hand on his shoulder, squeezing it softly. "You must understand that she is under a great deal of stress over this journey. She holds the fate of many lives in her hands, and she needs your support, even if she won't admit it."

"What is the nature of this journey, and what is FÄ-adúril?" he asked quietly.

"Rain hasn't told you yet about the purpose of the journey. I can only tell you this, she journeys from here to the Lonely Mountain, where deep inside she will find the key to unlock FÄ-adúril, the twin sword of Andúril." she said softly.

"Andúril, that's Aragorn's sword. I didn't realize that it had a twin, why would she need a Spirit sword." he asked confused, his brow knitting over his eyes.

"That is for you to ask Rain about. Only she can tell you what the end result of this journey is to be. But, I wouldn't wait to tell her how you feel about her, it may only add confusion to her decision." she answered, looking into his flustered eyes. "Now why don't you find Rain, enjoy tonight's festival and relax from your travels."

He bowed to her, mulling over her words as he turned and strode from the room. Walking down the short corridor, he found Rain leaning against the balcony railing, her arms twined about one of the balusters, gazing out into the night. The sounds and lights of the festival below drifted lightly on the soft breeze, laughter and music beckoning merrily for them to join the festivities.

Walking quietly forward he stopped behind her, reaching out he slid his arms around her waist and pulled her back against his warm body. She tensed at first, before relaxing against his familiar length. He laid his head on hers, enjoying the silky hair that teased his cheek. They stood like this for a long time, before he shifted, turning her around in his arms and staring down into her beautiful green eyes.

"Are you all right?" he asked softly, not wanting to break the peace of the moment.

Sighing heavily, she closed her eyes as she leaned forward in his embrace. She just wanted this moment to continue, so she didn't have to think about the future. "I'm fine." she whispered softly against his chest. She stayed there as he gently ran his hands up and down her back, comforting her.

"Rain. . .why are you doing this?" he asked, without stopping his stroking. He became aware of the sudden tension that radiated from her body and he leaned back to look down into her face. She shifted her gaze away from his probing eyes. He reached up and took her chin gently and turned her face back to his.

"I only want to help you Rain." he said, as he looked longingly down at her soft mouth. Leaning forward slightly he brushed his lips across hers, light as a feather. Feeling no resistance to his onslaught, he deepened the kiss, pulling her body closer against his. He groaned low in his throat, it had been so long since he had felt her soft lips beneath his, since before their argument in Rivendell.

Her hands came up automatically and buried themselves in his long silky blonde hair, enjoying the texture of the strands against her skin. He shifted and his fingers came up to caress the skin along her jaw, tilting her head to give him better access to her mouth and allow him to deepen the kiss even further. She wound her arms tighter around his neck and opened her mouth to the gentle pressure of his tongue flicking lightly against her lips.

A curling warmth started somewhere deep within in and spread outward, racing through her body causing her skin to tingle. He flicked his tongue against the ridges along the roof of her mouth, caressing her teeth and delving deeper, tasting her.

'Was this wrong?' she wondered, as all rational thought flew from her mind. Nothing mattered but what felt so right at that moment. A low moan escaped her throat as his fingers trailed restlessly down to the middle of her back, pressing the heel of his hand against the small of her back, his long fingers splayed hotly through the thin material of her clothing. His other hand coming up to rest against her breast, teasing the taunt nipple through the material.

Somewhere nearby, soft laughter echoed through the night. Legolas tensed, abruptly pulling away, looking down at her with passion filled eyes. "We need to stop." he growled hoarsely.

His harsh words were like a slap across her face, awaking her to the reality of their location. A dusky blush crept up her face as her hands swept down the front of her gown, straightening the damaged caused by their embrace.

"I'm sorry Rain, I didn't mean for that to go so far. I just wanted to tell you something." he hesitated, looking down at her kiss swollen lips, wanting desperately to feel their softness beneath his again. Clearing his throat, he stepped back and knelt down in front of her. Her eyes widened as he looked up into hers.

"Rain, please forgive me. I never meant to hurt you in Rivendell. I. . .I was asking Arwen's advice on how to tell you that. . . that I love you." he blurted out, his composure fading as he hoped that she would accept his apologies and his love. He was sure if she denied him then and there, his heart would stop from grief.

Her eyes became misty as she listened to his confession, but she still had to know. "Legolas, will you still love me, even if I am to leave you because I am mortal." she whispered softly, steeling herself against his answer.

He stood up, taking both of her hands in his as he gazed lovingly down into her forest green eyes. "I will take all of the time that you have to give me and cherish it forever, and when you are ready to depart for the next world, I will be there with you all of the way. You shall always have my love, no matter what. Please remember that, Rain, and never doubt again." he declared bring her hands to his lips, watching as tears began to fall down her face. She pulled one of her hands away from his and reached up to cup the side of his face.

"Oh Legolas, I believe you. I love you also." she murmured, before standing up on tiptoe and pressing her lips to his.

~~*~*~~

A/N: Well, Rain and Legolas have finally made up, and he has accepted that he can love a mortal. But what is he going to say when he finds out that she can become immortal. Well, we can only wait and see.

Remember Reviews + You = My Inspiration and Your Chapter Updates.

~ Thanks for Reading DBZ Vegeta