Fatal Fury Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Rifts ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 45 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Epilogue
Ayana,
know you've wondered how we made it in the battle against Uraki-Ayo, even after Usagi-san told us we all died. Well sweetie, so have I. Often. Usagi won't question that it came down to her again, just like facing Queen Beryl. This time, I know it's different. Forget the fact that she was pairing off against the very source of the NegaVerse, she didn't have us with her! It wasn't until Galaxia restored Chaos with Usagi's help, to where it should be; in pieces everywhere, that we came back.
else can I describe it? We were dead. Well, we didn't exist, and then, we did! I've stopped trying to get my head around it. Not that being an angel actually seems to help me make any sense of it. Go figure.
asked her about Uraki. Fighting him made a lot more sense to me. Even though I've been using chi channeling for so much of the war, I can't resist the urge just to hit something. It's just part of who I am. Anyway, Usagi seems to believe that being with our husbands that made the difference. Ami won't admit it, but I think she feels the same. Honestly, I couldn't stand being there without your father. Having his strength by my side made me much more comfortable. It always has.
probably understand that now, being engaged. As for Rei, she was pretty sure it had something to do with the teleportation that started this whole thing back in Rifts Japan. I said "pretty sure," so there's a fair amount of doubt there. I don't know why, but Minako won't comment. I think she's more concerned about trying to get pregnant.
still think it's weird she fell in love with a dragon. But, I think I've gotten used to their being a couple, with their living with us and the Shirinaui family. Oy, not to mention the fact that being an angel seems to make it even. That's even more strange. I know the most important thing is the love, and the relationship, but the difference in race is a little hard to accept. Though I suppose when she gets married I'll have a... dragon for an in-law? Okay, so I haven't explained that yet. We've decided to reform the Silver Clan. The clan itself has been disbanded for long enough now. All of this has brought us closer, if nothing else.
that there isn't! Minako and Rei have worked out the situation they were forced into in Atlantis. They've had to. Joining the clan means we're all going to be much closer now. We're buying a fair amount of land, and sort of forming our own village. Well, not officially, but you know what's like. It's going to be awhile, but plans are coming together rapidly! We'll really growing together.
reminds me! Tristan just started preschool! You should have been there! Your little brother looked so adorable in the denim jumpsuit you sent! I took pictures, so you can see them when you come by for Christmas. We're so looking forward seeing you.
you would consider staying?
we can talk about that later. I don't want to get started, yet. So what else is new? Oh! I just heard from your Aunt Ami. She's with child, and it's a normal pregnancy, thank heavens. She's decided on a water birth, you know that? I think that's so neat! I'm very happy for her, since Natole and she have been trying for so long. It's too bad the four of you decided to stay on Canor, we really miss you over here.
guess I'm trying to say something. I mean, I keep on coming back to this. Ah, it can wait. There's still more news!
and Adolphus are married, and Yin is doing well. He just started walking the day I wrote this letter! Watching him is so much like watching you at that age. He's so gorgeous, very much like his mother. It's no surprise his hair is raven black. They're very proud of him. Not just Rei and Adolphus, but also everyone else. It's amazing, but the children are surrounded by such love. It's a wonder to think they should ever want for family. Funny thing is, it also means there's always a babysitter nearby in an emergency. Actually, it helps. There was so much tension during the war, during the last year, and now we just get to be normal and raise our families. I know you're thinking "but what you are is normal." The idea that what we were during the war might be normal disturbs me. But, I'm not going to dwell on it. There are others things that are definitely more important.
get to cook after so long! That in itself is a miracle.
of miracles, how are you and Jaden? How is Sapphine? Is she recovering? Let me know when we should expect invitations dear. Your wedding is the last thing I would ever want to miss!
guess you're wondering about Tenma. It's been difficult for her. Being a single parent, I mean. It has helped a lot that she's back with Mai and Andy, and that we're all providing physical and emotional support for her. She struggles with the fact that men are shunning her because of Tisuro. That kind of shallowness just angers me. She is a sweet, beautiful, warm hearted young woman, and yet men can be so blind! I have faith, however, that she will fall in love. She's destined to be with someone, I know it! A guy who will give her the love, support, and respect she deserves. As I see it, it's just a matter of time.
for Kai, she's pushing for her Masters Degree in Holistic Sciences. She's very talented. On a more romantic note, she did just meet this charming Canadian exchange student. His name his Jason! I nearly passed out laughing when I heard that. The name of your puppy-love boyfriend? Absolutely sweet!
that brings me to another bit of news! How can you tell Usagi and Mamoru have been busy? She's due in a couple of weeks, and is expecting twins! A pair of bright spirited girls! Amazing. She's so blessed. So was I when I had you. Such a shining light in my life when I so needed it. Oh, all of this and I haven't even asked about you! How is the training? I never wanted to become a KnightsMage. Somehow being an Angel of War was enough. I understand you've been elected to the council of the Felynx Consummate? What do you do? It must be difficult. I know what it's like to be psychic and live around such unrest. But, I guess rebuilding a society from scratch would be anything but easy.
can't hold back any longer! Ayana, Papa and I miss you so terribly! I know I shouldn't pressure you, but in my heart it doesn't feel right that you should be so far from us. I love you with all of my soul, and not having you in the same dimension as me is well, like having a piece of me missing. I think you took an arm and a good chunk my brain when you left. I have prayed at length, for weeks, honestly, to know whether I should ask you to come home. By this, you know the answer I received. I would love you to be here with your family. Papa actually cried last night. It's breaking his heart. He loves you so much, even though he never says it in so many words.
that is a guilt trip, sweetie. Sometimes I wish you had been here during the war. At least I could have watched over you myself! It was hard to let you go. But then, I really had little choice. You were in so much danger. We all were.
home darling,

Kino Ireson
Ireson


Mama,
the longest time I've felt the same. Can you believe Jaden had a dream he was on another world? That cinched it for me. We're coming home. Um, well, I'm coming home, and bringing my fiancee with me. If you're wondering about the Felynx Alliance, (they've changed the name so many times I'm confused, and that's saying something!), they can't seem to make up their mind about anything. It didn't work out. There was too much concern about my being psychic and an off-worlder. Well, fine. They're so screwed up they can't decide what to do first, rename the towns or start reconstruction! If someone doesn't sort them out, they're going to get into a heap of trouble. This sort of thing is extremely delicate! They don't exactly have the resources to play with.
well, that's their problem now.
the other front, I've completed my KnightsMage training, and have been Knighted. It's Sir Ayana Kino now, Mama-san. The KnightsMage General was somewhat concerned about my request to leave, but dropped it when he remembered where Usagi was. She's still the most powerful KnightsMage next to him. That amazed me. I mean, she's more powerful now, right? I haven't asked since the end of the war, but how are the Neo Senshi? Besides Usagi, they are the only faction of the KnightsMage I'll be able to interact with. I was crushed to learn Nasura was killed. I can only imagine how they're dealing with it.
not much left to tell. We'll be home well before the wedding, which won't be for at least six months. Of course, you can prepare whatever you like! I'm very much looking forward to your cooking. Sapphine is a fine cook, but I miss yours so much! Papa, I love you, and I'm sorry for making you feel sad. I've been trying to stay safe. It hasn't been easy, which is another reason for leaving. Feral Felynx have been rousing things lately. It's scary. Fortunately, Jaden and I are tough enough to take on just about anyone who is foolish enough to try and challenge us.
for the rest of your letter, there's so much to say! I won't, since I'm coming back. I'd rather do it in person.
then,
love you both will all of my heart.

Kino (soon to be Ayana Kino Lording)


Bishojo Neo Senshi,
me, dearest young warriors, I knew my demise was near. Naturally, how, or when, was masked from me. It must be a somber time. Alternately, it must be a great time, of discovery and challenge for you, having received shards of my divided power.
know the questions:
didn't she tell us?"
did we receive her power?"
now? The war is over!"
others you must puzzle through with your own wits. Yet, there are answers I can provide. It may wound you, but foreknowledge of my death would have far from inspired you all. It could have simply have not been divulged. You must understand the logic. My gifts, my power, are one of the few things I could give you. In truth, each of you received a shard of it the day you accepted the crystals that once empowered you. In all honesty, death will be the only way you can truly be free.
whom? From me. You see, I am a Chaneller. From a very young age I learned of my ability to instill strength in others by manipulating manna, my mind the focal lens, by which I created crystals which could bestow various abilities.
I never learned how to properly disentangle myself as the source. Spending a week in the hospital due to "unexplained" fatigue, and then shattering the dozen crystals I had given to friends, quickly taught me to be more sparing. It also successfully ended my sixteen year old life. That, however, is water under the bridge.
Senshi, you were given my power because I had to entrust it to someone. You six, especially after defeating and surviving Uraki-Ayo's clones of the Inner Senshi, and his invading armies, have immeasurably more than earned it.
you do with it is entirely your decision.
my dear, young companions, is the "what now." I cannot tell what will come. I do know you are better prepared for whatever may be.
I know you will reject the young leader of the foreign soldiers. It is clear to me that you must forget your pride. His want to become a KnightsMage and join you in leadership holds nothing more foreboding than his romantic interest in you. You know that, however, very well. I know also how difficult it will be for you, for it is your bearing the Neo Senshi leadership mantle that fuels that pride. If anything, reconsider his motivations. As for your shadow-cat familiar, that is apparently the result of accepting your aunt's mystic offering. You'll learn how to deal with her, and the trouble she's caused you thus far. I know you won't speak of it to the others, but the mystic star-seal upon your cheek will only complicate matters when you become angry. Be glad you are blessed with a gentle temper. Finally, dear Sol, I know it may be hard to face your mother with such changes, but do so. No one loves you more.
Your strength will have only grown since your defeat. I know at this you will no longer wonder. You, like Xalia, are a mutant. It is an oddly limited thing, but extremely remarkable. Goku's Sajyin ability which increases his power level after major loses of battle will be yours, as will Makoto's ability to adapt in battle, and, much to your shock, a transient curse you will have unwillingly received, to transform yourself into a demon-like faerie. There is indeed more, to come with time, but awareness will give you choice. My last words to you are to remember your friendships; your teammates and companions, the Neo Senshi, and the Shirinaui clan, they all care for you very deeply. I know, that like your predecessor, Kino Makoto, you tend to distance yourself in times of emotional tenderness. Do try to seek them, even through you may prefer to step aside.
your glass-like fragility is no more representative of your truer self than the grinning eyes of a cat. That you very much are; slender, and beautiful, but swift and deadly, though you restrain yourself very wisely. Nonetheless, you do not feign to ignore your skill, proving your innate wisdom. What am I saying? I know you will be uncertain of your power. It is a fearsome one, and though I cannot ever understand it, I chose you because of your strength. You will learn to control the echo of voices years and miles distant in time and space. Do not forget the honour your mother and father have taught you. Respect yourself, for you have earned my gift through personal integrity. Concerning Yanei, you made the right choice, cherry blossom; have faith in yourself, in your heart, for it is pure, and that love has only enhanced the quality of your life. It will continue to do that if you will listen attentively.
Of all of you, you will be the most aware of the changes wrought, if missing the emotional impact. You will know that this war has had a unique effect upon you all. That, however, represents the distinct differences of your personalities. You will have become something you never really were during the trial of battle; internally balanced. Anger may still fuel your power, but you will learn to temper your passions. That, I can see, and have always known, is your greatest struggle. Of course, I was not blind to your sympathetic feelings towards Jisuruka. You always knew that. She experienced similar abuse; thus out of all of the Neo Senshi she could understand you. Save perhaps Xalia. Though I admit, her experience will have been the most unusual. What is important is that Jisuruka will forget you. Usagi and I agreed she is to adopt her sister into her legal, and emotional, family. Jisuruka's fancy arises out of certain self-loathing, just as your emotional needs meet. You know she does not sate your innermost desires. How you will deal with her, I cannot know, but I do know that it will not be easy. Apart from further telepathic manipulation, it could not be. I expect by the time you read this she should already have been accepted in this manner by the Tsukino family. Know that what comes is for your own good, and accept it. A good warrior will tolerate change with a stiff upper lip, but as you are an emotional creature, don't fear tears, dear one. Regarding your changes: The feline tail, ears, and claws may be awkward, and embarrassing, as will the ability to metamorphose into a cat, along with the habits that you must accordingly struggle with, but you will find in them benefit. You are one of the more resourceful young women I have ever known, and a talented tactician. Focus on your skills, and use them to the fullest. Your potential is grand, my dear. Always remember that you are respected and loved by your teammates, even Ayla.
have both many and few words for you, Xalia, my troubled, winged young woman. You are the youngest of the senshi, and the most prone to self-doubt. You do not yet have your friend's years, even if you have equivalent combat talent. It troubles me to say this, but none of us can relate to what you have suffered through. I do not know how you feel, aside from the prominent self-loathing, and hatred for Uraki-Ayo. Know that you did the right thing, when for many others, they would simply have died, or completely forsaken their values. Facing the deaths of the squires? This, I admit, is something you must do on your own. There is more, I realize that, but try not to focus upon those thoughts. Never forget that you are loved by so many. Your parents know, by mercy. They suffer with you, and offer what loving support they only can. You are not to blame, in any capacity. It pained me deeply to learn of the sexual abuse among the torture you experienced. Do you know I tremble to write these words? Such emotional pause I have not felt in decades. You will live, I know. In the strangest way I feel responsible, as if in choosing you I caused your torture. Do not believe for an instant that I did not have faith in you, for that was unending. Like a mother, I believed you when no one else would. Sometimes faith was all I had. Though I can think of few others I would rather have invested in. It hurts me to a point beyond words. So, I ask you. Forgive me. I write this not long before I will die. We never quite reached you in time. Be strong, Xalia. I know you lock up your feelings, and will hide behind loud bravado, only to suffer silently. But don't turn away from the offered arms of those who so dearly love you. Like the others, you are a survivor. You are ultimately stronger than anything he has done to you. Never forsake your friends, never give up hope. A family is within your reach, but be patient. The damage done was great. Never forget, through all of it, that right is good, and there is justice. You have yours by living.
No longer concealed is your origin. Nonetheless, neither are you spurned by Usagi, nor the Neo Senshi, who have the most reason to hate you. You fueled the campaign against them, and very nearly obliterated them. On the other hand, you were suffered to experience the same at the hand of your short-term lover, Uraki-Ayo. I know you will agree with me; doubtful beginnings. Beyond this, I know you will make the right choice in the end, for your heart is very much similar to your sister's. You are an integral woman. Even as Uraki-Ayo's consort you refused to participate in Xalia's torture. Expel your guilt, and come past your pains. You have also earned your power, and place among the Neo Senshi, as Sailor Ceres.
can only wish you the best to come, strength when you lack it, and hope for the future. I loved you all, and am deeply honoured to have been your mentor, and companion.
love to you all, from the core of my soul,

Iridian

Glimpses End