Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Objective Legend: The Unknown ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sibaru was lying down on a couch in a large office, while Rufus was tending her wounds. "You need to rest for a while, stay here for now," Rufus remarked as he got up and walked over to his desk near the couch Sibaru was lying down at. "Where exactly is this?" Sibaru asked, observing as much as she could without moving. As Rufus sat down, he pushed over a few papers on his desk over before answering, "You're in ShinRa at the moment, where I work, along with the Turks you met."

"…" Sibaru moaned softly as she tried to get comfortable. Rufus only showed a small smile on his face.

"You honestly need to know about our customs don't you, or at least mine…"

"…I guess so…"

"You think you can walk?"

"…don't ask…I doubt it…"

"You're feeling faint, I can tell. It's normal," Rufus softly spoke. He seemed to know how she felt, it was kind of strange to figure that out. Just then the intercom above them beeped and someone began to speak:

 

"Mr. President sir, two of your Turks, Tseng and Reno, are here with some strange person. Shall I send them in?"

 

"Go on ahead," Rufus answered, "Just remind Reno of his manners." After his sentence, Rufus laughed quietly to himself. Within minutes, Tseng and Reno entered the office, Reno dragging some person behind him. Sibaru sat up to see for herself what was going on. The kid Reno was dragging looked like a few years older then she was. His eyes were dark and his hair was a short black color. He had baggy pants, almost threatening to fall off, held with a few belts, though only one is actually holding his pants up; a gray T-shirt with a black jacket covering most of it. He also wore a black choker around his neck, and a few chain bracelets. As he passed by, his eyes seemed to lock onto Sibaru's, only for a few seconds, before turning to Rufus. Tseng held the kid's weapons, while Reno held a rod that seemed to spark with electricity at the end.

Rufus scanned the kid. His eyes glanced to Sibaru, who seemed clueless at the time, after he got the kid's glance to her. As he looked back at the kid, he asked, "You are?"

"I go by Keovu," the kid answered. Sibaru looked at Keovu. Something told her that she somehow knew him. `Why does that name seem so familiar to me?' Sibaru thought.

"Keovu…Keovu…hmm…Interesting name," Rufus replied as he alternated glances from Sibaru and Keovu. "I assume you're not from here?" Keovu nodded. "I see…so we have another like that…hmm…go sit by her for now," Rufus remarked as he pointed to Sibaru, whom was starting to regain her strength. Keovu walked back and sat next to her, keeping quiet. `She must have been whom Vincent was talking about.'

Keovu sighed and relaxed. Rufus thought for a moment. "Reno, Tseng…looks like you have two new members. Be easy on them. I don't want anything happen to them till I get to know who they are. You should know where to send them," Rufus said as he faced the window, "Oh and another thing, include that kid you found earlier as well. You're all dismissed." Tseng forced Keovu up and had him follow out. Reno rudely forced Sibaru up and dragged her along with, following Tseng. Her body was sore all over, and Reno wasn't helping a bit.

Outside of the office, Sibaru couldn't stand being dragged anymore. "Hey let me go!" Reno didn't exactly ignore her remark, "Bitch, shut the fuck up!" Keovu looked over his shoulder to watch Reno drag Sibaru. Tseng did as well. "Reno, just let her be. You've pushed her around too much," Tseng suggested. He watched as Reno dropped Sibaru, and as she fell onto her knees. Tseng just shook his head and mumbled, "Man I feel really sorry for her." Leaving Sibaru on the ground, Reno walked up to Tseng. "Look, I've had enough of the damn fucking excuse I keep getting. If I hear it one more time, I'm going to start killing a few. So if you were smart, you would stay out of things!" He pulled out his gun and altered the aim from Keovu to Sibaru. Tseng didn't even bother retaliating, instead he motioned Keovu to continue following. "Come on, bitch!" Reno demanded, while grabbing Sibaru by the arm and beginning to drag her once more.

--

After being dragged through many levels of the building, the group reached an area in the building where it was like hotel rooms. Tseng opened one of the first rooms on the left. He gestured Keovu to walk in, but Reno, being the rude one, just simply threw Sibaru in. The one that was held hostage earlier was sitting on one of the beds. Reno and Tseng left the room, locking the door behind them. Sibaru laid on the floor; pain throbbed throughout her body. She had many cuts and even some bruises from Reno's grip on her arm. The kid on the bed got up and walked over. "Hey, is she going to be alright?" he asked, looking at Keovu who seemed to be doing something on his own. "I don't know, ask her yourself," Keovu answered as he observed the room.

The kid walked over to Sibaru and kneeled next to her. She was out cold. "I don't think she would be able to answer," the kid sarcastically replied back, checking Sibaru's pulse on her wrist to make sure she was still alive. Keovu just sent a don't-start-it look to the kid. "So what's your name?" the kid asked out of curiosity.

"I go by Keovu. How about you?" Keovu answered, not even bothering to look at him.

"There's two names I go by…"

"And they are?"

"Tie or Mariku."

"I'll pick Mariku, Tie's to plain to me."

"Um…what's her's?"

"Hell, do I look like a name giver?"

"…"

 

Keovu finally looked at Mariku, then to Sibaru. "Hey you just going to let her die, or are you going help her?" He walked over and picked Sibaru up. "At least get her off of the floor, the Turk was being to harsh on her." Mariku got up and followed Keovu as he moved over to a bed and placed Sibaru down on it. It was a while till Keovu spoke again, "Let me guess, you don't know how to care for injured people?"

"Uhh…...no"

"Well then you need to learn sometime," Keovu replied as he sat next to the unconscious girl and began to tend to her wounds.

"Your name…Keovu…It sounds familiar. I know I've heard it before."

"Same with yours, kid. I used to know someone on a board in my world whom went by Mariku. It's been a while since the last time I've hear from him."

"Really you're from another world too?"

"Duh…I think this girl is as well."

"Interesting…see I use to go to a board a few months ago, and I went by Mariku there."

"What board, I might know it…"

"Silent-Square."

"Yup I know it. I go by Keovu there."

"So you're Keovu…odd."

"I guess you can say that kid. Though…don't tell anyone I'm saying this…there are two others here from Silent-Square too."

"…"

"There…let her relax for now…she'll hopefully be better soon."

 

 

Sibaru woke up a few hours later, feeling a little better then before. She sat up and took a minute to realize where she was at. She saw Keovu and Mariku at a table, Keovu playing with some cards and Mariku just watching him for the heck of it. Before Sibaru stood up, she stretched a bit, getting Keovu and Mariku's attention. "You feeling better?" Keovu asked, facing Sibaru. Sibaru slowly nodded. She began to get a headache and sat back down on the bed. "Apparently not," Keovu finished, "Don't worry you'll get better." He continued to play with the cards in his hands. Sibaru bent her head down and stroked her hand through her hair, soon coming to a light massage on her forehead. She laid back and looked up at the ceiling. Before she knew it, she was sleeping.

--

Sibaru awoke in the room she was just at, but no one was around. She looked about the room. Thinking that they're all outside or something, Sibaru tries to go out the door, but it was locked. "Huh? That's odd…" As she looked for another way out, her eyes caught on a mysterious figure standing in the shadows. "Wh…who are you?" she asked the figure. "Do not leave this city," it answered back. "Why shouldn't I?" "There is so much to learn, and you understand so little." "What the hell are you talking about?" "Don't leave no matter what you are told…" The figure disappeared. Sibaru heard something behind her and whirled around. As she did so, another cloaked figure appeared. "…You are the one…you and a few others…you will save the worlds…" it spoke in a soft female voice. "What's going on?" Sibaru asked her. "…Many Final Fantasy worlds have collided with each other, you and the selected few are able to repair the damage and return everything…" the figured answered, "…show me your strength…what shall you use?…" As instantly as she spoke a variety of weapons appeared, then she continued, "…You make your decisions…don't deny yourself…you can overcome this…you know what to do…never think this is a meaningless effort!…" The figure stopped then to wait on Sibaru. Sibaru walked up to the weapons. She thought about the ones she wanted. There were only three that caught her eye: a shuriken, a blade as big as her, and a pistol. As her mind thought of just the three, the ones she didn't pick disappeared. "Whoa?!" Sibaru jumped. The figure continued, "…Pick one for this battle, however, the three you chose will follow you…" Sibaru picked up the large blade she had as one of her choices, and then looked back at the figure, whom continued once again, "…no matter how big the shadow is…you will overcome…don't cry…" All of a sudden, as Sibaru turned around, her shadow became a large monster, but the figure continued, "…whatever happens…don't run…whatever you do…don't be afraid…light always conquers dark…" Sibaru took off running. Her body quivered in fear. Before she knew it, she was trapped between a wall and the demon. "…whatever you do…don't be afraid…" those words faded as the figure disappeared. With the large blade in her hands, Sibaru finally got the courage to stand up to the shadowed enemy. "Get the hell away from me! I won't be afraid!" Sibaru lunged at the shadow. But to her disappointment the shadow had an advantage, darkness. Before Sibaru went to attack the demon, it covered the floor with a sinking-like darkness. Once Sibaru set foot on it, she began to sink into it. "Help!" She wasn't able to breathe, or move in the darkness. It engulfed her within minutes. However, she reappeared in the same spot she began in, before the odd demon had attacked her. The first figure reappeared as well. "You are to weak…why you were chosen is untold. You can't do this." "Oh yeah…I'll show you, I'll do what I was sent here and learn it all!" Sibaru retaliated. "A meaningless effort…one who can learn nothing…can understand nothing." Just then it went blank, then back to the same spot once again. But this time, she wasn't the only one. She stood by the door, while the others stood at the other side of the room. "Bitch, get your ass down here!" Reno demanded, grabbing Sibaru by the arm. "Let go!" "Come on, Bitch!" He dragged Sibaru a ways then slammed her down at Rufus's feet…

--

"Hey…whoa…wake up, kid!" Keovu shouted, standing next to Sibaru and trying to wake her up. Mariku was next to him. Sibaru was still in her dream, "Get away from me!" Keovu continued to try and wake her up. "Mariku go get some water, she's going to need it…Hey kid wake up!" Sibaru's eyes opened with a jolt and she quickly sat up, breathing heavily, scared, freaked out. "You okay?" Mariku asked as he came back with a glass of water.

"You were tossing and turning, as well as talking in your sleep, kid," Keovu remarked. "What the hell were you dreaming?" Sibaru shrugged her shoulders. She put her head down for a second to remember what her dream was about. Mariku sat down next to her, "That dream you had must have been crazy, while you were sleeping, you kept breathing hard. I thought you were dying." Sibaru looked up at him. Mariku saw her glanced and smiled while handing the cup of water over to her. Sibaru took the cup but didn't take a drink.

Keovu flopped on the other side of her. "You're going to need a drink after all that, so drink up, kid." He rolled over on his back, keeping his eyes on Sibaru. "So do you talk? Mind telling us your name?" Sibaru ignored Keovu for the time being, even Mariku too. "Shit, you're a quiet one," Keovu mumbled. Just then the intercom buzzed:

 

"Tseng…The President wants you to pick up the three in the room. I repeat: Tseng…The President wants you to pick up the three in the room."

 

"Oh, fun," Keovu said sarcastically. "Hey at least it's not that other guy, heh." Just then the door slid open and Tseng walked in. "You three come," he demanded. Mariku was the first to get up and walk out; Sibaru placed the cup on a small desk near her and followed Mariku. Keovu waited a bit before he got himself up and out. Upon walking to the office, Sibaru stumbled a few times; but depending on whom was closer, Keovu and Mariku kept her back on her feet.

They entered the office, Tseng motioning them to sit on the couch. As Sibaru sat down, her eyes instantly locked on Reno up ahead. He held the same rod he had before, and didn't look at all to happy. The glare he sent her made Sibaru look away. Rufus eyed the three on the couch, also noticing Sibaru looking the other way. Knowing why she did so, Rufus turned to Reno, "Damn it, Reno. Put that away. You're scaring the shit out of these kids." Without hesitation, Reno leaned the rod against the wall and continued to stand near it. Rufus turned his attention back to the kids.

"So as far as I'm being told, you all are from this `other' world, am I correct?" Rufus remarked calmly.

"Heh, you can say that," Keovu answered, slouching.

"Please inform me, again for some, on your names. For record usage."

"Most call me Keovu. It's what I go by."

"Mariku for me."

"…" Sibaru stayed quiet, like she always does. Rufus just looked at her.

"Young lady, your name?" he asked. Keovu nudged her shoulder.

"Huh…oh...it's Sibaru," she finally answered. Both Keovu and Mariku looked at her in an almost questioning look. She gave a glance to the both of them with a "what?" gesture.

"So we have Keovu, Mariku, and Sibaru. Hmm…we have just enough people," Rufus mumbled to himself. He got up and opened a drawer in his desk. As well, he pulled out six small guns. "Any of you good with guns?" He smirked as he tossed two guns to each of the kids, whom caught them.

"So you're saying you want to hire us," Keovu assumed. He twirled one of the guns around his finger and snapped his hand on the handle, in an aiming position to the roof. Mariku examined his and Sibaru just held hers in her hands.

"You can say that. We always need a few extra Turks on our hands," Rufus answered. "Do you have a problem with that, Keovu?"

"Nope…besides I'm looking for a job anyways."

"Excellent. For now we've planned to go to the bar in Sector 4 and we shall explain more of our group to you new comers. And we shall leave now. Reno, please escort them to the bar, Tseng, be sure to be with them as well. I'll meet you there. Dismissed."

Tseng grabbed the three's attention and Sibaru, Mariku, and Keovu began to walk out after Reno. Reno was far ahead and Tseng was about the same distance from behind them. Sibaru minded her own business from the other two; she kept quiet mostly, and occasionally overheard Keovu's comments or even Mariku's. As she walked behind Keovu, she was able overhear something he mumbled, "So far, it's going as planned." Sibaru began to wonder what he meant by that. She looked over at Mariku to see if he heard Keovu, but Mariku was walking on and keeping to himself.