Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Guardian Chronicles: Book 1 ❯ The End of the Beginning ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A week later…

"Hurry up, Jean!" Angela called, "The carnival's started already! We're all waitin' on ya."

"I'm coming!" Jean yelled back.

Remy leaned over the counter that was between the kitchen and the main room to talk to the young man cleaning dishes. "Sure you don't want to come with us, mon ami?"

"Yeah. Carnivals aren't really my thing." Warren answered without looking up.

Jean, fastening an earring as she walked out of the room she and her husband Scott share, said, "Oh, it'll be fun. How about you Starfire?"

Starfire, from the balcony, "No. Too many people."

"Suit yourselves. See you both when we get back, then." Scott said as he turned to walk out.

Dais and Kayura waved to Starfire up on the balcony and then left for the carnival with Jean, Scott, Remy, Angela, Gabriel, and Osiris. As soon as they were out of sight, Warren joined her on the balcony. "I thought they'd never leave," he said.

Silence.

"Nice night."

"Mmm-hmm."

Silence again.

"You…wanna go for a walk or something?"

"Sure. Not much else to do."

She set her flute inside and leapt gracefully off the balcony to the beach 50 some odd feet below, and landed without a sound. He shook his head, spread his wings, and glided down after her. How she did that he'd never know.

"Race you to the waterfall," Starfire called over her shoulder as he landed.

She took off before he could answer. He grinned and took off after her. It was going to be an interesting night.